Laureate Alpha Omicron Chapter holds meeting

Laureate Alpha Omicron chapter of Beta Sigma Phi met recently in the home of Tootsie Cisneros. President Frances Smith and Louise Pletcher were co-hostesses.

Betty Mercer presented the program, Make It Count! - Light Up Your Life. She reminded the group that today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Mercer stated that your mind-set counts for 80 percent of how you feel and health the other 20 percent. Mercer gave tips on New Year's resolutions to better yourself and stay healthy.

She read excerpts from the credo of Alcoholics Anonymous: "Just for today, I will live through this day only; just for today, I will be happy; just for today, I will accept what is, correct what I can and accept what I cannot; just for today, I will improve my mind. I will make a real effort to be agreeable. I will refrain from improving anybody but myself. I will improve my health, and, finally, I will have the courage to do what is right and be responsible for my actions."

Committee reports were given. Nineteen people attended the Mexican supper recently at the home of Gene Evans.

The proposed change to the bylaws was read for the second time. Changing meeting times was discussed.

The next meeting will be Tuesday at the Smith home.