Celebrate spring with Cuero's 15th annual Wildflower 5K
March 19, 2014 at 8:02 p.m.
Updated March 18, 2014 at 10:19 p.m.
If you go:
• WHEN: April 5
WHERE: Cuero Municipal Park
• TIME: 5K begins at 8 a.m.; junior run begins at 8:45 a.m.
• COST: $20 per person on or before March 28
• $25 per person on race day
• $15 per high school student before March 28
• $20 per high school student on race day
Cuero Wellness Center is hosting the 15th annual Wildflower 5K the first Saturday of April at Cuero Municipal Park.
"If we are lucky with the rain this year, we will have a few wildflowers to see," said Chandra Carbonara, Cuero Wellness Center manager.
Kids, dogs, walkers and strollers are an encouraged addition to the family event, Carbonara said.
The Junior Wildflower Jog is in its sixth year, she said. Kids 12 and under can participate in the jog. All participants receive a medal, she said.
"In the past, we've had daddies carrying kids across the finish line and parents running with the kids. It is just a nice family event," Carbonara said.