Saturday, December 27, 2014




Advertise with us

Pets in peril in Vine Street fire (w/video)

By Sara Sneath
May 15, 2014 at 12:15 a.m.


Victoria firefighters are at the scene of a house fire in the 1700 block of North Vine Street.

Five pets inside the house were treated for smoke inhalation.

The home owner was pet sitting the animals that included at least three dogs and two cats. One cat later died, fire officials said.

The sitter, who lived there with her husband and child, was not home when the fire started.

A woman walking past the house saw the fire, knocked on a neighbor, Rachel Trevino’s door and together they called 911.

The woman who lives in the home told the two women that animals were inside and to try to get inside.

The walker and Trevino threw rocks through windows. Smoke came barreling out, Trevino said.

The fire department arrived shortly afterward.

The fire appeared to have started in the kitchen, officials said.

For more information check back here or read the complete story in Friday’s Advocate.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia