Friday, December 26, 2014




Advertise with us

Gas line breaks, closes restaurant

May 17, 2014 at 12:17 a.m.


A fast-food restaurant employee suffered minor burns when a gas line broke and ignited flames inside the structure Saturday.

The Victoria Fire Department was called to the Wienerschnitzel, 1218 E. Rio Grande, at 9:51 p.m., where a gas line had broken.

The flames created heavy smoke, but firefighters were able to shut off the gas line quickly to douse the flames, said Battalion Chief Roger Hempel of the Victoria Fire Department.

The employee was treated at the scene for minor burns. The restaurant, which closed early, sustained minor damage, Hempel said.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia