Snow in the Crossroads
As the first snowflakes fell on December 4, 2009 upon the Crossroads, a rush of uploads - pictures, video and thoughts - blanketed VictoriaAdvocate.com and the Internet.
From Twitter posts to Facebook photos, residents and journalists reporter from almost every nook of the region.
New media offered everyone the chance to follow and cover a rare wintertime flurry like never before.
Snow falls for the first time in the Victoria area in five years
Social media content
- Social media plays big role in covering snowfall
- Social media plays big role in covering snowfall (PDF)
- A Yankee seeks to find out why snow is so exciting
- Residents share their Friday snow experiences
- School districts decide whether to stay open, closed from snow
- Snow means changes for businesses
- Traffic not a problem despite messy weather
- Team spirit warms fans despite freezing temperatures