1. Texas will be holding a mixed primary-caucus on Tuesday, March 4th, 2008. The process will appoint delegates to the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
2. The primary process will award 126 delegates, and the caucus process will award 67 delegates.
3. The primary voting will last from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM on March 4th. It is a private vote that is similar to any other election.
4. If a voter believes his or her name has been mistakenly omitted from the list of eligible voters at his or her polling place, the voter is allowed to cast a provisional ballot.
5. The Texas Democratic Primary is open to members of any party, but you must vote in the precinct where you are registered. You can visit the Secretary of State’s “Online Voter Central” (http://TX.BarackObama.com/TXRegister) to
determine where you are registered. If you no longer live in the precinct where
you registered, you can vote absentee using our online absentee sign up form (http://TX.BarackObama.com/TXAbsentee).
6. From February 19th to February 29th you can vote early. Anyone who is able to early vote should. Use our Online Early Vote Lookup Tool
(http://TX.BarackObama.com/TXVote) to find a location where you can vote
7. The Precinct Caucuses will start at 7:15 PM on March 4th. Anyone who votes in the Democratic Primary, or who votes early can participate in the Precinct Caucuses. We are asking Barack Obama supporters to get to their caucus location at 7 PM.
8. The Precinct Caucuses will be called to order by the Precinct Chair after the last person who intends to caucus has voted in the Primary. If the Precinct Chair is absent, any qualified participant may call the meeting to order.
9. You cannot vote in the Texas Democratic Primary if you have participated in the nominating process of any other party this election cycle. You must also have registered to vote at least 30 days before the March 4th, 2008 primary.
10. You must be 18 by March 4th, 2008 to participate in the Texas Democratic
Delegate Selection process.
Thank you for your contribution.Flag this as inappropriate
- Follow dontsleep