Comments

• (DonMador) I am in the process of doing just that. Thanks for the suggestion.

August 18, 2009 at 10:15 p.m.

• jhnsn283,

If the place is that dirty, you would do others a real favor if you report it to the County Health Department. a few inspections might help.

I've tried looking Tejas up on the web but not having much luck.

August 18, 2009 at 2:09 p.m.

• Suzy- you hit the nail on the head.

August 18, 2009 at 2:03 p.m.

• I guess it all depends on the type of clientele they are catering to now.

August 18, 2009 at 1:47 p.m.

• I am asking that same question and think I did before in a post. When will they shut down? We went for a company lunch once and never again. That place is just nasty.

August 18, 2009 at 1:37 p.m.

• I concur with everyone here. The appearance of the help is enough to keep us away from there. I haven't eaten at Tejas in at least three years and all I hear is horror stories, when someone I know, makes the mistake of eating there. Man, how long does it take for a crappy restaurant to go out of business anyway? They have a fairly decent location and a well run eatery could succeed there with no problem.

August 18, 2009 at 1:22 p.m.

• Mr. Horadam I love DQ! stay away from there...

August 18, 2009 at 11:35 a.m.

• I managed there and I agree with everything you have all said. I worked for Tejas in Houston several years ago and saw my employment at the Victoria location as a challenge to bring it back to its former reputation as a good place to eat at an affordable price. After all the motto is "Where your friends are" This proved to be very difficult as the powers that be refuse to bend in even the slightest. Forums of this nature may be the only thing that opens "those" eyes to the serious issues he has as a service provider in a small town where everyone knows one another and shares this type of info with each other.I am to this day asked by people "Didn't you work at Tejas?" my affirmative answer always opens the door to complaint after compliant. I would apologize for your experience but i stopped doing that long ago. I am sure commenting here will in some way bar me from said business but I already know better than to spend my money there. Not personal Mr. Horadam just honest.

August 18, 2009 at 11:27 a.m.

• Have eaten there a couple of times and I also was not impressed with the food. I also know they have severe staff problems. I had a relative work there and quit because of the manager and also a good friend of mine who worked as bartender there quit because he was so overworked ( he couldn’t get a day off) because of the staff problems. I guess the only ones who will work there are people who have issues themselves and don’t have to worry about getting fired if they upset the customer. I know the manager doesn’t really care what the customer thinks. So like the rest I think I’ll just eat at Ramey’s, Good food and great service.

August 18, 2009 at 10:53 a.m.

• ((anonymoustroublemaker)) and many others in agreement...thank you for your backing of this despicable restaurant, MANAGER & STAFF....I can only take so much and when you throw dirt at me you best believe your gonna get 10X's as much thrown back at you. I just hope that others start to stand up and say things about these particular restaurants. This is your hard earned money you work for and i don't know about you but if I am gonna spend on the average $40 buck's for my family of 4 to eat out at a place such as this you should at least have enough respect to listen to me when I have a problem with YOUR RESTAURANT. And accompany any means to make the circumstances come to a calm, "GROWNUP" conclusion. Thanks again to all who have agreed. Good day to you.

August 18, 2009 at 10:38 a.m.

• I know people who have eaten there that have got food poisoning. You could not pay me to eat there. It amazes me how may still go there though.

August 18, 2009 at 10:34 a.m.

• WOW!!

And I thought the wife and I were the only ones who had bad service/food there. The last time (couple of years ago by now) we were going to "try it again" we ended up walking out without even getting waited on for our drink order, so it hasn't changed! And there was only two other tables occupied!! When I complained to the manager I got the same response as the OP, basically "Oh well"!!

The only time we patronize this place is when we get invited to a party there. Even then we think twice about it (how good a friends are these??)

We also have noticed the unsanitary conditions. Sticky floor, dirty tables/chairs, etc...

Now I'm not saying I will never eat there again but it will have to be the ONLY place that has food (including dumpsters around town) and I'm almost about to starve to death!!

August 18, 2009 at 10:15 a.m.

• "Fajitas" are the cut of beef termed "beef skirt", essentially the diaphram, or lung muscle of a cow/bull. Formerly thrown in with other beef parts to become ground beef, it is NOT a Mexican dish, rather a Tex-Mex dish popularized along the border in the 1970's.

August 18, 2009 at 4:05 a.m.

• Yeah,
    I haven't eaten there in about 3 years--sorry service, bad food etc. I always liked their chicken fried chicken in the past--until I discovered that you can get a LOT better at Grandy's for a LOT LESS. Jhnsn283, I don't know you, but you go girl! You ROCK!

August 17, 2009 at 10:36 p.m.

• Actually ""salazaa "" I do know what "REAL FAJITAS" are and I have had them many times. I grew up with family memebers that came from deep in the heart of Mexico so I know REAL FAJITAS....and no I don't really care for chicken fajitas...so I really don't understand if your agreeing with the blog or are just trying to make me and others look stupid because we choose to have a quick ""ANGLO"" cooked meal for lunch ...IDK...either way thanks for the support from others...it's reassuring to see others feel the same way. And ""reverendmwagner"" : Most of the time I do the same as you but I do try to give second chances and rarely a 3rd chance....BUT FOR SURE there will be no 4th chance. It is the restaurant by Long John Silvers off Navarro.

August 17, 2009 at 10:17 p.m.

• we rented the party room in the back to find out when we got there it was rented already. Apparently Mgr rented it not even looking at the reservation book which we were on for that day/time. And, no they did not at least say "we are sorry" or we will give you % off your items. Never again for us......money talks!

this is the same place several years ago that had some Satanic group there or something very Gothic with people there not knowing what was going on their stage.

August 17, 2009 at 10:11 p.m.

• I haven't eaten their in many years for a reason. The last time we ate there the food was yuck, service sucked, it was dirty & the opposite of cheap.

My daughter recently was the recipient of bad service & she left the waitress a note detailing (very nicely) why she did not recieve a tip. She took a pic of the note & sent it to me. I laughed, I was proud she stood up & pointed out that a tip is not mandatory. She felt terribly guilty afterward so I told her she did the girl a favor that could help save her job or at least make her more $$.

August 17, 2009 at 10:07 p.m.

• What do expect from an Anglo joint selling a "FAJITAS SOMBRERO BOWL"
    I bet you believe in Chicken Fajitas. Folks, the only fajitas are beef served on a skilllet.
    The rest is Anglo food, and this is at all Anglo places. I eat and a drink fake margarits at Tejas.
    I get what I pay for. What do you people expect for what you pay.

August 17, 2009 at 10:01 p.m.

• I noticed a change some time ago. I still love their Pickles and Peppers! As ofr service...its a dead industry and good poruton of those in it have forgotten that if you don't give me good service...you get no tip. Tips are not mandatory. Don't like the service...Don't tip. But at least tell them why so you don't get your food spit in next time you go. On the same note, if the service is good, tip big! Don't guess I will be going back there either. DOH!

August 17, 2009 at 9:56 p.m.

• I stopped eating there about 2 years ago when the original owner left. I met a friend for lunch and had a horrible expierence with food, service and the manager as well. Our waiter literally THREW the ticket at me and it landed on the floor. I told the waiter if the ticket was not handed to me in a professional manner I would not pay for the meal. Needless to say I got the usual teenage roll your eyes, I don't care look and he slammed it on the table. I asked for the manager as well, but never saw him. The cussing and horseplay in the back was offensive. (I am glad my child wasn't with me at the time.) I felt bad for the little girl taking my money up front. She was very sweet and did not fit in with the rest of the employees. I winked at her and told her she would be better treated somewhere else, she should quit. She smiled and took a long breath because I didn't yell at her. I have boycotted Tejas for two years. None of my friends go there anymore and a friend of mine even reported them to the health department.

August 17, 2009 at 9:21 p.m.

• I think the last time I ate there was around 2005. It was, before that, a very good place to eat, but that day I found the place unkept, smelly, noisy, and we had to wait too long to get our food. It was even during a slow time and there were very few people in there. I was on the verge of walking out and when we finally did get our food, it was warm and pasty. If I remember right, it was supposed to be the chicken fried chicken with cheese (can't remember what it was called), but I think they gave me chicken fried steak instead.
    I probably will never go back. There are too many other places in Victoria to eat.

August 17, 2009 at 9:15 p.m.

• I agree with your comments on Tejas. The waitstaff is rude and lacking. The food is half of what it should be. The only bright spot recently is they accomodated a very big party for us recently but thats about it. I dont like to go there at all.

August 17, 2009 at 7:28 p.m.

• i go out to eat all the time, if the food is not to my likings when i see it and take 1 bite out of it i will have it returned and i will ask it be taken off the ticket and grab a burger on the way home. in no way do i order something else or complain about anything while my food is still in there hands! report them to the bbb i dont know if it will do good but its worth a try. sorry you had such a bad time,is this the restarant by the college?

August 17, 2009 at 7:11 p.m.

• RENT AND WATCH THE MOVIE "WAITING..."

August 17, 2009 at 7:07 p.m.