Comments

• I heard a rumor that the Kountry Bakery I mentioned gets almost all their items delivered from the real KB in Hallettsville every morning. No matter, you can't get any that good anywhere else in Victoria.

Thanks Hallettsville for helping our cause.

March 4, 2012 at 7:18 p.m.

• Jason, thank you for calling them pigs in a blanket & not kolaches & yes, theirs are the best! Amanda, you also need to try real kolaches.

March 3, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

• Welcome to Texas... A few things to know.

Heat in Summer - Just be ready. Sun block for those all day adventures in the sun. Hiking in the hill country or elswhere is not the pleasure filled event after the sun comes up.

Mosquitoes - You were warned
    Victoria Drivers - You were warned
    Riverside Park after sundown - You were warned
    San Antonio Riverwalk - One of the best things in Texas
    Hill Country in a couple of weeks - You will like the flowers
    Rockport - Great 4th of July weekend escape (crowded though)
    Cuero - Obey the speed limit
    Kountry Bakery on Main & Conti Lane (Only "real" pigs-in-a-blanket in town)

Will add more if I think about it.

March 2, 2012 at 5:21 a.m.

• Amanda, Welcome to Texas! Boerne has an abundance of ranches that offer horse back riding & such.....I have been to several but do not recall the names. Google Boerne ranches should help you out with locating what you are looking for. Plan your trip to coincide with Fiesta in San Antonio, you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. : )

March 1, 2012 at 11:16 p.m.

• Amanda - your response made me smile :)

Enjoy your burrito, and your travels, and do keep us updated with photos as well!

March 1, 2012 at 5:19 p.m.

• Amanda

Welcome, the word Texas means Friendly, I hope you find it that way. I am sure you will.

Best wishes Gary W

March 1, 2012 at 11:26 a.m.

• Welcome to God's country, Amanda!

Just wait for the wildflower season about to commence. It should be spectacular this year, as we have had unexpected moisture these last couple of months.

Once you see the bluebonnets, you won't want to be anywhere else. I recommend picking up a copy of Texas Highways magazine, or going online to check it out. It will lead you to adventures you will never forget, and since you're a photographer, I believe it will inspire you; that magazine is tops for pictures that best respresent our beloved Lone Star State. Please check this out: http://youtu.be/PGukLuXzH1E

What a timely post. Did you know that tomorrow, March 2, is Texas Independence day, the anniversary of the adoption of Texas' Independence of Declaration from Mexico, becoming the Republic of Texas? So, happy Texas Independence day (tomorrow)! We are glad you are here to help us celebrate.

I'll be posting a blog tomorrow on VicAd and Google to celebrate this great state, and I hope you will take a look. Perhaps the music can help me say all the things I want to say.

Oh, and one more thing you should know about us Texans - once we get to talking about our state, it's hard to shut us up! :)

March 1, 2012 at 7:54 a.m.