I know some people may be grossed out by meatloaf. This blog probably isn't the place for you. Shield your eyes. May I suggest viewing something inedible and not delicious.
In case you didn't know, meatloaf is one of my favorite foods. I may even decide to write a haiku dedicated to this scrumptious meal. Let me try it now...nevermind. It's almost two in the morning and I am a bit delirious at the moment. (I'm watching some fishing show for crying out loud!)
Imagine my delight when I read that Serious Eats declared Oct. 18 as National Meatloaf Appreciation Day.
We still have a while until that day comes around, but in the meantime here are some things you can do in preparation for this monumental event:
Source: Serious Eats
We're declaring Thursday, October 18 "National Meatloaf Appreciation Day" and are creating a food event to capture the festivities. What does this mean for you?
- BETWEEN NOW AND OCTOBER 16TH, PREPARE A MEATLOAF. You can use an existing recipe as written or come up with your own, make it a fancy foie gras–studded affair or stick to the basics.
- TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR DISH and write about how you made it, the details of its deliciousness and how you felt through your meatloaf-making process.
- IF YOU HAVE A BLOG, POST YOUR MEATLOAF EXPERIENCE as an entry by October 16, with "National Meatloaf Day" in the title. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details: Your name, blog URL, URL of your National Meatloaf Day post, and a picture for your entry in the roundup.
- IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BLOG, CAPTURE YOUR MEATLOAF EXPERIENCE IN AN EMAIL, including your name, location, recipe, and meatloaf photo and send to email@example.com
- READ THE ROUNDUP HERE ON OCTOBER 18. Participants at Serious Eats will include Ed Levine and Adam Kuban.
Meatloaf is one of the few meals I've attempted to make on my own. I'm not so great in the kitchen and try to avoid cooking whenever possible. But I will make an effort to do my part in honor of National Meatloaf Appreciation Day, and if my kitchen is still standing, I will post my results here.
- 4 unverified comments
Thank you for your contribution.Flag this as inappropriate
- Follow cjcastillo