Comments

• I had read a blurb about the chipsets yesterday, but the piece didn't really say much about it, and I didn't investigate (ok, I fell asleep). Wow, how about them apples?

Wonder how they will fix that problem, refunds or some exchange program?

August 13, 2008 at 10:12 p.m.

• Update:  Chipsets are being blamed for the problem.  Recall??? Who knows.  With over a million phones sold already this could really take a bite out of Apple.

August 13, 2008 at 9:40 p.m.

• roberttx - The Blackberry is a great phone and I think it has many great features, that was the last phone I had. That said, I still like the iPhone.

Frank - Sometimes I'll be typing up an email or doing something else on my cellphone, and I hear ringing all of the sudden. Then I have to remind myself that the ringing is probably someone calling me. I forget what the main purpose of the thing is.

sjrnKaty - Thanks for the link!

August 12, 2008 at 8:27 p.m.

• I work in an area where the 3g and Edge tower services overlap.  Before update 2.01, I was have a few problems but they seem to be better now.
    Since Apple and AT&T aren't talking, C-Net is asking users to report problems to them at the following link.

August 12, 2008 at 3:01 p.m.

• Normal

When did a phone stop being a phone and become a computer? Frankly, I just to call and answer as little as possible. Silence is truly golden. I guess I'll have to change my user name to Caveman.

August 12, 2008 at 12:11 p.m.

• i still prefer the blackberry over the iphone

August 11, 2008 at 10:37 p.m.

• There has been talk that the next  iPhone firmware, 2.1, will include improvements to the GPS. Some speculate the upgrade could include the ability to support turn-by-turn GPS. It would be great to have that feature.

Here is a link to an article about this: iPhone 2.1 update

It is a great phone, and I don't regret the purchase. Need to get my review on the iPhone posted though. I know, it's one month later...I've been slacking.

August 11, 2008 at 9:36 p.m.

• My brother-in-law in Tucson had to get rid of his iPhone because it dropped so many calls from his home office. He switched back to Verizon, although AT&T; insisted he had coverage and wouldn't let him out of his contract without a penalty.

(I'm still hanging on to my Palm Treo for now, but peer pressure from the cool iPhone kids is getting to me. Have you heard of any voice app for the GPS?)

August 11, 2008 at 9:13 p.m.