Comments

• dohBama - Haha! Good one! That's a candidate for "Comments of the Week" (I really need to bring that back.)

December 19, 2008 at 6:08 p.m.

• Yeah, that's the ticket. You can have your bling on when you get your ping on!

December 19, 2008 at 5:44 p.m.

• sjrNKaty and dohbama - Perhaps I should get this one instead:

December 19, 2008 at 12:15 p.m.

• Mac has teh most stable operating system available, next to Linux Ubuntu. Windows PC and server require nearly twice the reboot demand to clear memory hooks than either of the other two.

December 18, 2008 at 10:47 p.m.

• Just goes to show you who is still king of the browsers.  If and when one of the other contenders gets semi close, be prepared for the rampant attacks that have been made against Microsoft.  BTW  the other browsers have been subject to attacks as well and Apple has been the last to admit to it's vulnerabilities and the slowest to patch.  I'd hold off on that mac/crack/book unless you don't mind spending a lot of dough for a part time PC.  Yes, macfans, it's really just a PC.

December 17, 2008 at 10:51 p.m.

• Christina - Yes. (Said the PC to the Mac, hehe. I hope to be a Mac owner again soon.)

Dejasmom - I think you will like Firefox once you get used to it, especially once you get all the cool add-ons. Check this link out:

Top 14 Firefox Addons for Everyday Web Surfing - About.com

December 17, 2008 at 4:46 p.m.

• Too bad the fix didn't come sooner. My work computer's IE was attacked and disabled two weeks ago. Now I use Firefox, but it's still taken me some time to get used to it.

December 17, 2008 at 2:52 p.m.

• Thank goodness for Macs.  :-P

December 17, 2008 at 12:59 p.m.

• I do enjoy all the add-ons available for Firefox. That's a blog for another day though, all my Firefox add-ons, lol. I could go on and on.

Speaking of Firefox, they also released some security updates today:

Firefox issues eight patches - Via Networkworld.com

Mozilla has issued eight patches for its Firefox Web browser, three of which fix problems classified as critical.
    The patches come after security experts have recommended using a browser other than Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 and older versions of IE due to a dangerous vulnerability. Microsoft is due to release an emergency patch for that problem Wednesday.
    Two of the critical Firefox problems could allow an attacker execute a cross-site scripting attack, in which scripts or commands from one Web application that shouldn't run in another are successfully executed. The third problem relates to Firefox's browser engine, and could make it crash or possibly allow someone to remotely execute code on a PC, Mozilla said in its advisory.

December 17, 2008 at 12:43 p.m.

• Thanks for the warning. I'm with you on Firefox, too.

December 17, 2008 at 12:35 p.m.

• i use firefox also as it seems much stabler and faster than internet explorer

December 17, 2008 at 12:32 p.m.