Comments

• fatboy - Suuuure! Do you take checks? lol

January 4, 2009 at 6:08 p.m.

• cj,    i think ima gonna buy the copyright to vicad.com and sell it back to you for say $1,500,000.  would you guys/gals go for that?  lol, j/k.

January 2, 2009 at 9:33 p.m.

• Ack, I replied to your comments but guess it timed out on me. (See it happens to me too.)

vbb - It's pretty cool looking around some of the areas, trying to see how things have changed, or not.

fatboy - Pretty interesting information there. As a child I was always paranoid about "someone" I don't know who really, recording my every move. I was weird. Plus I watched too many spy movies.

I'll do my best to try to keep the Victoria area informed of the latest technology available to us. Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions on something I should write about, send me an email: cjcastillo@vicad.com.

January 2, 2009 at 7:55 p.m.

• i went to it on your last blog.  amazing the techn.  It is very current where I live.  Like the movie you mentioned its getting wierd.  I almost could read the license plates.    What is bad is like hospitals', schools' demographics for the evil planner.  But another story.
    I read online that the military can zoom in through walls and even listen on to.  Its for our own good.
    CJ keep Victoria modern/updated, pleeez.

January 2, 2009 at 3:42 p.m.

• Grim - There have been some that have raised concerns over privacy and security related to Street View. Where is it, I think it's London, that you can guarantee to be photographed or filmed any place in that city.

Reminds me of that movie with Denzel Washington, Deja Vu? You seen it?

January 2, 2009 at 3:20 p.m.

• My friend actually drove the google car for streetview.  I think it's neat, but I don't see it being useful for me.  It is fun to wander the streets of other cities though.

January 2, 2009 at 3:11 p.m.

• StreetView is awesome.  They have pictures of my house, my parents' house, and inlaws' house.  It really helped me when I had to drive to an Austin hotel, and it helped me identify surrounding businesses.

I wonder when we'll get to the point where all this information becomes a security risk :-P

January 2, 2009 at 2 p.m.

• sethnbrensmom - Thanks for the info! When I talked to the Google spokesperson, she said the photos could be anywhere from a year to a few months old. How accurate did you find the address to be?

I noticed that in some places, the addresses were off by a few blocks. Had to navigate to what I wanted to see.

January 2, 2009 at 12:54 p.m.

• i just checked it out based on your blog.  the photo of my house is at least 3 years old.  so, i don't know how accurate it will be.

January 2, 2009 at 12:49 p.m.