Comments

• Smartee - I did acknowledge in my post that I first heard about it years ago. However, I never had my own GPS device back then. I never had the need for a GPS device, but now that I have an iPhone with GPS capabilities, I thought I'd give this a try. When the iPhone first came out I was just waiting for a geocaching app to come out, it took a while before someone created a good app.

Another reason I bring this up now because with so many more people with access to GPS devices in their cars, hand held devices and on their phones, there are new apps and software available to those who may not have known about it before.

Thanks for the tip about the nuns, I'll be on the lookout!

May 14, 2009 at 6:23 p.m.

• I guess what I find most interesting about this topic is, for someone who seems to be so up on the latest 'whatever' out there, you are just now discovering geocaching. It is so old news. I think it enjoyed its heyday several years ago.

It is a lot of fun, but it's like anything else--it loses its appeal after awhile.

Be careful around Nazareth Academy--the nuns will run you off!

May 14, 2009 at 5:13 p.m.

• cebrain - Awesome. How long have you been geocaching? I'm excited and can't wait to begin.

May 14, 2009 at 4:36 p.m.

• Geocaching is a blast! It is a really fun activity for all ages and the modern version of being a treasure hunter. There is such a sense of satisfaction after searching to finally find the cache and write your name down as an accomplishment. I hope you have as much fun with it as my girls and I have.

May 14, 2009 at 9:10 a.m.

• I think depending on the location of the caches, it shouldn't be too rough. I think I even saw some geocaches located downtown. I'll probably just not wear heels that day, hehe.

When I do go geocaching, I'm going to take my HD Flip Mino videocam with me, so expect video of my experience. Should make for a good laugh.

May 13, 2009 at 11:24 a.m.

• C.J.: Sounds like fun. I hope the terrain isn't to rough for a walker.

May 13, 2009 at 12:24 a.m.