Comments

• Justamom...thank you. I don't have a PS3 (or 1 or 2 for that matter). It sounds like a great source of movies I like. I'm gonna do a google search and see what I can find. As for now, I think I'll probably keep my Netflix service, streaming and DVD. I do enjoy both and a month's service is still cheaper than going to the movies once.

July 16, 2011 at 9:02 a.m.

• WWW- Playon is what we run through our PS3. It is a one time fee and you get unlimited stream from several sources plus there are patches you can add, like MTV etc. We watch old movies all the time. You can search by top 100 movies by year all the way back to the silent movies of the teens. I am a huge Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin fan so I love it. Plus all the old Hitchcock movies are on there. We have hulu too. No reason ofr Netflix when we have all of that. Playon has old tv shows going back to the fifties. I watched the old Twilight Zone shows from the 50's the other night.

July 14, 2011 at 9:55 p.m.

• I am not sure how or if this will affect me. It looks as if my current streaming plan will not change so there is no issue for me here. I occasionally visit redbox for dvds. If my family and i are in for the night we are usually watching something kid friendly or straight up cable television.

July 12, 2011 at 9 p.m.

• Any way you cut it, it's still a good deal.

July 12, 2011 at 8:04 p.m.

• Dang! I do the streaming thing and DVD thing because so many choices don't overlap. I've never seen anything at a red box I want to watch. I generally don't care for new movies...too much in the way of computer generated special effects. I'm old and I like real actors and actresses playing the parts. Gonna hafta think on this one a while.

Justamom...Playon??? Never heard of it. Is it similar to Hulu? I've done the Hulu thing a few times, but don't like the commercials and the selection is nowhere as good (for me) as Netflix.

Dang!

July 12, 2011 at 8:01 p.m.

• We stream through Hulu and playon no need for netflix.

July 12, 2011 at 7:14 p.m.

• Or keep netflix streaming and hit up the nearby red box.

July 12, 2011 at 6:55 p.m.