Comments

• ALtlBrdy,
    I guess Im going to have to agree with you on a few things.

"What the Film IS, is another in a long list of movies that use the same tried and true (and SUCESSFUL) formulas from hollywood."

It is exactly this, complete with that same piece of the holloywood formula of inserting politcal commentary where ever they can. So yes, you are nearly to 100% on your first comment.

Like I stated in the orginal post, the scenery alone in this movie is worth the price of admission. The movie still has political undertones and that may have been just an attempt to tie the characters into modern day situations so they are easier to connect with but there are better ways to do that and I expect better things from a director of James Cameron's Caliber.

Thanks for the comments folks but its time to move on as this is just a movie.
    Enjoy!

December 28, 2009 at 12:04 p.m.

• OMG1...you're right...Ronald Reagan was an actor and a politician. Couple things though he Majored in Economics and Sociology and he was great at public speaking. Seeing as he was noted for both of those things...I'd say the Republicans chose wisely.

BTW...I'm not a Republican.
    Thanks for playing!

December 27, 2009 at 5:21 p.m.

• "If you listen to an Actor, you are predominantly listening to someone who has a degree in acting. They have studied how to lie and make you believe it. They are loaded with cash and don’t remember what it is or was to be a hard working poor American but we relate to them through their characters, which are lies. So next time an actor tells you what "your government is doing think about this, they are being told what to tell you by someone else, someone behind the scenes. That’s what they get paid to do. Please don’t be a sheep, find the information yourself, check the sources and make a decision on your own"

If you recall, the President that you Republicans all bow to was Ronald Regan, actor, and bad actor at that. Now could you explain to me what made him different from the other actors who "have studied how to lie" etc,?

December 27, 2009 at 11:36 a.m.

• Or is there some Iraq/Afghan war movie out there I am unaware of that has a US Marine sent in to slaughter the poor afghani/Iraqi shepherders and rather than doing so he falls in love with the Iraqi/Afghani people and joins them to attack the US Military?
    Is there such a film?
    Your comparison fails.

December 26, 2009 at 10:52 a.m.

• Pythagoras,

I think your analogy to the "wars in the middle East" needs some tuning. because there is NOTHING of that in this whole film.

Look back to Movies like Dances with Wolves and The Last Samurai.

Jake Sully/Lt. Dunbar/Nathan Algren, as representitives of a more advanced society Earth/United States/Western society goes to a distant Planet/Kansas Plain/Feudal Japan to negotiate or fight against a primitive society of Na'Vi/Sioux Indian/Samurai. During the course of the Movie, Sully/Dunbar/Algren grows to love the Na'Vi/Indian/Samurai way of life and fights against his own society.

There is nothing in it concerning the Iraq/Afghan wars.
    That would be entirely YOUR doing.

December 26, 2009 at 10:50 a.m.

• Well I do live in northern California. And yes the movie had a anti-war and a green message. So why is that a bad thing? Regardless I think if anyone is going to see the movie they should view it on the big screen.

December 26, 2009 at 10:49 a.m.

• Well thank you N45BA... The whole point in this blog is to reflect the fact that I didn't over analyze it, was that blatant. I am going to side with you on this comment, "Don't be frightened by Pythagoras' ultra excessive scrutinizing of a pretty entertaining movie." Except for the "ultra excessive scrutinizing" part. It's a little..."ultra excessive" in itself but in all fairness so was this blog. Please, go see the movie but make sure your willing supsension of disbelief is running at full capacity and you'll love it. I will most likely go see it again when I return home.

Freethinker...good luck finding an actual tree hugging hippy candidate that's real. If you do, let me know I may vote for them myself.

December 26, 2009 at 10:18 a.m.

• Yes, I saw it and I can't wait to go vote for all the tree hugging hippie political candidates I possibly can.

December 26, 2009 at 8:31 a.m.