Blogs » Fox Family Forum » My Crazy Summer-a blog by Bailey


I thought my summer was going to start out really boring because the first weekend, I couldn't go anywhere because I was grounded. I didn't know when I was going to get ungrounded, and I told my dad, my summer's already starting out boring. And he said, you should have thought about that before you got grounded.

Once I got ungrounded, I went to the mall and met with my friend Ryven. We spent two hours at the mall. We were going to get our nails done, and I was going to pay for it since I had like $100. But if both of us were going to get it done, it'd take too long, so we went to JC Penney's and goofed around. We tried on hats at Earthbound and all these crazy masks.

I think a week later is when I went to my aunt's. I was going to spend a whole week there, but the first day I wanted to get my nails done. So, I got them done, and I got my toes done, too. I have a flower on it. It's bright pink. Then Tuesday, when my uncle got off work, we went to the Fort Worth Zoo because I really, really, really wanted to see the Komodo dragons. They have a huge, 14-foot salt water crocodile, and it was sleeping at the edge of the glass. If you knocked on it, his eyes opened, and you could see the evil in his eyes. It scared me to death!

After the zoo, we went out to eat at this Black Eyed Peas place. Then Wednesday, we went to Grapevine Mills Mall. It's a huge, long, oval mall. We went shopping for jeans, shirts and dresses. We still had money left over, so Thursday morning we went to go work out, and after that we cooled off and went to JC Penney's and tried on a couple of things.

After that, I called my aunt. She has a pool in her backyard, so I was really excited. When we got there, I was so shocked because her house looked so Western-y because of the stone. When you walk in there's a huge desk. It looked like something Obama would have. It was awesome! I got in the pool for three hours and tanned a little.

After that, we went out to this Italian restaurant. My step-uncle Kin, he calls me his tickle-toy. Kin noticed that this last year, I met my cousin's daughter. She had a baby, and she slept in my room over Thanksgiving. Kin walked in and when he saw Justin Bieber on the wall, he said, “Hey look, it's Justine Bieber!” because, you know he sounds like a girl.

I leave my phone on the table, and he picks it up. I'm like, “Oh my gosh, he's going to look at all my text messages!” He tries to unlock the code and I thought, “Oh my gosh, what am I supposed to do?” I grabbed it, and of course, my phone falls, and it falls apart. And I said, “Look what you did! You're going to have to buy me a new iPhone 4.”

While we're at the restaurant, he goes and clicks on the messages. He starts reading it out loud. I'm like, OK, this has gone too far. But it's fun because that's how we get along. We like, pick at each other.

We get back home, and I call Molly, and I have a good conversation with her. Friday, we go to the water park. It's smaller than Splashway. Since it just opened, two of the slides were closed. But I rode one of them, and I was screaming the whole way down. My aunt didn't ride them, but she had a lot of fun, and so did I.

Friday, I woke up early, and I had to leave. So that was my week there.

I meet my grandpa halfway, and we go out to eat at this Mexican food place. We meet my grandpa and my Uncle Ed. We get home, and I'm like, tomorrow after church, I gotta go to camp. I have to wash my clothes, I just have so much on my mind. I had to pack a pair of tennis shoes, a pillow, a blanket and two towels, on top of my clothes. I had to sit on that bag to make it zip.

After I got to church camp, it was a lot of fun. Every morning, we had a morning challenge, and some of them were really gross. One of them was you had to have your feet on the ground, and you have to sit back, and you can't get up. They would throw marshmallows covered in syrup, and it's all drippy, and you have to catch it in your mouth.

The first night we went there, we had to make a flag for our team. We were the Red Rangers because we thought that was a good combination. The second day, we come out, and we're like, “Where's our flag? Where's our flag?” It was up in the tree. The blue team took our flag. And we played capture the flag, it was fun.

I think camp was a lot of fun because it was my second camp, but the first camp wasn't when I was with the youth. It was like six hours away. It was really cool.

This next week, my dad's girlfriend Alisa is having something at Fiesta Texas for a day. We get a discount, and she's going to take Tanner and me. Alisa's not an early person. We are supposed to leave at 8. I'm pretty sure we're going to get on the road at 10!

The last time I went to Fiesta Texas, it was before my dad got diagnosed. It was really different. That's the last time I went to an amusement park. Well, that's not true. When dad was diagnosed, we went to Silver Dollar City. That was a lot of fun, and that was the last time I went somewhere.

I think that's it. I might do a couple things with my friends, but I don't think I'm going to be going another week again, like I did these last two weeks.

Oh, I know what I'm going to do tomorrow! At 9:15, I have an appointment to get my thumb nails repaired.