Comments

• Amazing.

Do some of you actually believe that because ones Skin color is different, That means we are different species?

Skin color comes from pigment.  ( I hope I don't have to go further than that)

Cradle of life?  Africa- Persia?    You guys watch too much Tomb Raider movies.

What you need to do is realize that we are all from one.

There is a book that explains this.  It is a very old book.

You should Check it out sometime.

If you don't know where to find this Book I speak of, Just ask.
    I would love to introduce you to it.

Peace -

October 13, 2008 at 7:20 p.m.

• Well put post and reply Alton

October 12, 2008 at 4:18 p.m.

• It is interesting that we are so quick to make the assumption that because of  Lucy1 DNA project and the location of a knee bone that she was black. None of the DNA trimming (which may be flawed) indicates her skin color. The project has other flaws than the DNA trimming, there are questions that the knee bone-it may not have been Lucy's, it was found 200 feet  from her other remains. There is even a Lucy2 DNA project that has a total different assumptions.
    I have often found it interesting in how anthropologist come to their conclusions often with no hard evidence.  For example they use the size of the skull to determine if the brain was large enough for language skills. The development of the ear drum for how they walked.
    i have found it interesting that they automatically assume that all Europeans were white, Asians were yellow, and Africans were black.  They have never found any remains that were clear transgressions from black to any other color or from any color to another.  Basically the science has many flaws. I can not find one discovery in this science field that has been of any value to improve the lives of the individuals now living.
    My goal in my original post was to get individuals to think. To be skeptics of even their own beliefs.  To question what they have been told.  To realize all of us at times have had someone wanting to assoicate with us, that we had no desire for their assoication.  And that they even often caused embrassment to us, because of their "support".
    When I was going to grade school, my generation was taught that oil came from the remains of dinosaurs, and that Edward Jenner discovered the vaccination of smallpox.   Now, we are told oil comes from all the dead animal and plant life deposited in river beds under the pressure of a rock cap.  The Chinese's had  inoculation against smallpox some 500 years before Jenner--they however used the virus off of other humans.
    So it is often wise to be skeptical of one's teachings and not to make knee jeck assumptions.

October 12, 2008 at 1:41 p.m.

• I thought Persia was the "Cradle of Civilization"?
    Africa is the home of the oldest discovered hominid.

October 11, 2008 at 3:26 p.m.

• The Nation of Islam teachings are heretical by traditional Islamic standards which abhor the deification of any person(or thing),or the anthromorphization of God. I'm pretty sure that Farrakan does acutally believe that Obama is the messiah. Or at least he wants his followers to believe it.  That is one big way that the Nation of Isalm differs from traditional Islamic teachings.

October 11, 2008 at 6:32 a.m.

• Africa is the cradle of civilization.  Black folks--Africa, get it.
    Of course Obama isn't the or a messiah. That's a ridiculous notion. We all know the messiah is ........................

October 11, 2008 at 1:43 a.m.

• Lets all pause for a moment and say that yes, Obama IS the messiah, just as this Farrakhan guy is saying. What I would like you to do for me is give me significant scientific proof that he is NOT the messiah. I’m not agreeing with his statement, I’m merely approaching the subject on an opposite level of understanding. First off, I really don’t think your standards of truth when inquiring about this subject is short enough for your own belief system to grasp. Do you understand what I’m saying? I don’t want you to think that I am claiming Obama is the messiah. I’m simply asking You in return if you could prove that he’s not. It’s funny how you point out that “Odd how religious beliefs can or cannot be an issue”. Well, Sir, I believe in trying to dismiss one form of manipulation, you are obviously using it to your advantage. If the nation of Islam teaches that black men were the original humans, and that from them sprouted yellow, red, brown and white colors; exactly how would you disprove that theory? You couldn’t do it scientifically because everything, all the facts point to evolution and the fact that the oldest bones they ever recorded were found in Ethiopia. A woman they called Lucy. I just have to wonder to myself if you were going to quote something from the bible because you should know that it’s technically not factual stuff. It’s merely a book, used to inspire, manipulate, confuse, enlighten….so forth and so on. My answer to your inquiry about individuals who believe that Obama is the messiah is maybe he’s their new age hero, the person they look up to, to be inspired by, to reach out and be like and there’s nothing wrong with that. Who are we to say who you pray to or believe in or not?

October 11, 2008 at 12:34 a.m.