Comments

• Well said, Alton.

Ernie

April 6, 2009 at 5:21 p.m.

• It has yet to begin. Change is happening for sure. Marxism

April 5, 2009 at 5:45 a.m.

• 2010,2010,2010,2010 VOTE!VOTE! I would rather see a lame duck Congress than this mess anyday.

April 4, 2009 at 10:38 a.m.

• Keep the faith!

April 2, 2009 at 10:49 a.m.

• The most interesting thing, however, was that I DID oppose them - decades ago and concerning all the same things. "When they came and passed retroactive taxes on me, limited my income, and took over my business; . . . no one opposed them because no one cared.

Without a scintilla of legality, I lost everything (there were - still aren't - any "bailouts" for me or my family). The process was without even the pretense of legality because the people didn't, and don't, care enough to even know the law, much less change it They didn't care, in other words, about me OR their country.

Strangely, now that it's all happening to the nation itself - and taking the world down with it - I care nonetheless. I'm waiting to see if others care enough to strike at the heart of the economic crisis. That's a tax system that is INTENDED to prevent a free market and free enterprise, that of a graduated income tax. The purpose of income taxation (the second article in the Communist Manifesto) is "redistribution of wealth."

That IRS and the corporations it serves have done that - umbriaggo - is evident in everything going on today. The only difference is that to IRS Tax Code income taxation has been added the new fiat tax by inflation bailout of those who have spent what they stole faster than they could steal it.

And people are surprised, now that the thieves have been guaranteed they can't lose, the stock market has risen. Damn - talk about a "dumbed-down" nation!

April 2, 2009 at 8:13 a.m.

• Alton...Remember that BO promised change for us all. Well, we're getting it. I just hope there's enough of the country left to repair in four more years. We should keep copies of important documents like the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution so we'll remember what we need to go back to.

April 2, 2009 at 7:46 a.m.

• History tells me these actions have happened before when I review Europe in the 1930's, during the Great Depression. I think we should pay attention and hang onto our freedoms.

April 2, 2009 at 7:07 a.m.