It appears almost eveyone at this time of the year comes up with a list of the best and worst "ABC" of the year. This year I have my own list of the Ten Achievements/Failures of the Obama Administration.
Top Ten Failures of the Obama Administration
- Failure to halt the nuclear weapon programs of Iran and N. Korea.
- Failure to keep unemployment less than 8% through the Stimulus Funds.
- Failure to increase transparency in Washington.
- Failure to end legislation with earmarks.
- Failure to secure borders.
- Failure to reform and pass new regulations on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Failure to negotiate a START II Treaty with Russia. START I Treaty expired the first week of December 2009. The Obama administration claims it still remains in force indefinitely pending agreement on a successor. Russia has not signed off on this statement or confirmed such an agreement.
- Failure to reduce wasteful federal spending.
- Failure to reduce size of federal government.
- Failure to create confidence in the American dollar in world financial markets.
Ten Achievements of the Obama Administration
- Increased the power of the President over public corporations and citizens.
- Increased the size of the federal government.
- Increased the National Debt Ceiling.
- Spent more in first Presidential year than the total of all four prior years.
- Reduced worldwide financial markets confidence in the American dollar.
- Halted hard line interrogations of captured combat detainees.
- Increased wasteful spending and earmarks.
- Traveled more miles than any prior President in first year of administration.
- Made more personal speeches in first year of administration than any prior peacetime President.
- Weakened Constitutional liberties.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin
- 4 unverified comments
Thank you for your contribution.Flag this as inappropriate
- Follow AltonEaston