Comments

• ALTON: THANKS FOR THIS POSTING..
    DAVID TEWES:  THANKS FOR THOSE LINKS, sent emails to all three.

February 23, 2009 at 4:46 a.m.

• Legion,
    Unfotunately you are so very correct.

February 23, 2009 at 12:25 a.m.

• Point taken rowdyone,

They all are just little steps to a end of a means.

February 22, 2009 at 6:46 p.m.

• Alton,
    Thanks for posting this blog. This is something everyone needs to be aware of.
    Legion357,
    I also read your postings on this. I have been reading this bill and am not real surprised it was introduced. Thought it might not have been  this soon. I would have to disagree with it being the first step to outright gun bans. That  honor would fall to the Brady Bill. This(HR45) is just another step in the process.
    Support NRA.

February 22, 2009 at 6:41 p.m.

• You can always contact your federal lawmakers.

Ron Paul: http://www.house.gov/paul/contact.shtml

Kay Bailey Hutchison: http://hutchison.senate.gov/contact.cfm

John Cornyn: http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/index...

February 22, 2009 at 5:29 p.m.

• Which freedom are we going to have taken away next?  I pray this bill falls through.

February 22, 2009 at 4 p.m.

• Thanks for posting this.  I agree with swbones.  Although I never served or took the oath, I was born to one who did and married one who did.  Those of us who live outside of the metropolitan areas need to begin to take action against all of these "well educated idiots" who have no idea of life except their own.

February 22, 2009 at 8:13 a.m.

• WE do not need anymore DAMN gun laws! Enforce the ones we already have. They don't do enought to those who use guns wrongfully. The government wants to controls every aspect of everyone's life. When I was a kid my Dad said more than once, "You will see the day when you have to get permission from the all wise and all knowing goverment to take a ****!"  I think it is on the way. I am sick of big brother trying take care of everybody. I don't need it! Government was never meant to be everything to everybody. Take guns away from honest law abiding citizens, and only crimnals will have guns. They don't pay any attention to the laws we alreadt have.

February 22, 2009 at 6:58 a.m.

• Looks like many of us will be "Enemies of the State" .

I took an oath many years ago to defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.  I have never absolved myself of that oath.

Looks like our greatest enemies are from within....

February 21, 2009 at 11:55 p.m.

• From. My. Cold. Dead. Hands.
    I am a law-abiding citizen, as were my dad, granddad, and their dads and granddads. Their rifles and guns reside in my home, and I REFUSE to be turned into a criminal via yet another attempt to subjogate my and any other American citizen's rights bestowed upon us by the Constitution.

February 21, 2009 at 10:28 p.m.

• Legion, I saw your blogs on this issue and was just dumbfounded. We have a collection of all types of shotguns, rifles, and pistols. We inherited a second batch from fathers who passed away. This type of legislation just scares me to death. I hope NRA goes against this bill with a strong show of power, and the bill dies a quick death.

February 21, 2009 at 7:42 p.m.

• Thank you Alton, I mentioned that bill on a couple of blogs but it was ignored.

IMO, HR45 is the first step to down right outlaw guns.

First you have to get a license, where you live, picture ect. And you have to tell the Attorney Generals office when you move, then you can not sell it to anyone without notifiying the AG.

IMO, and I hope this house resolution will die a fast death.

Look who filed it, district 1 in illinois which includes Chicago, small wonder huh?

February 21, 2009 at 6:44 p.m.