Comments

• John Murtha volunteered to take them, but strangely the Pennsylvania prison system is overcrowded and has no room for them....Gee Whiz.

I have a thought Alton....Perhaps the releasing of the Gitmo prisoners as first on the list has something to do with paying back some of those billions of dollars in political campaign money that was donated to Obama's campaign by the average Democrat on the street.  Ya think?

January 22, 2009 at 11:22 p.m.

• John Murtha said his state would take the prisoners. I believe we should take him up on the offer. In fact I think we should put them in his back yard and hire the Marines he falsely accused to guard them. I cannot believe that man continues to be elected! He is a poster child for term limits.

January 22, 2009 at 8:52 p.m.

• How's this, if we're nice to those Gitmo prisoners they will be nice back !  We should now just relax and feel at ease - gosh I feel better already.

January 22, 2009 at 7:24 p.m.

• I find the news media hilarious since Obama has been sworn in.  While walking the treadmill this morning....I spent an hour watching the media....all news channels, even CNN, lambast and question Obama's decision to shut down Qut-Mo.....

Some of the primary points made were:

Obama said that the most important target in the war on terror was the capture of Osama Bin Laden.......what will happen if he is captured?  Where will we send him.

What are we going to do with the 250 prisoners at the facility many of which just this past week expressed that they were still in a state of Jihad and would continue their Jihad against the U.S. of released.

Do we really want these people in our U.S. prisons?  The countries from which they came don't want them....and besides, some of the detainees that have been released have went on to perform more terrorist acts.

The families of those killed in 911 are angry....as well they should be at the closing of the prison and possible release of the prisoners.....stating Obama's actions are "short sighted and dangerous."

I swear if I didn't know better I would think the media supported Obama so vigorously just so they can criticize him just as vigorously.

January 22, 2009 at 5:33 p.m.

• The comment that much the world is welcoming the closure, chaps my behind.  I am American whose family has given their blood and on occasion life for THIS country in every major conflict starting at the American Revolution, I care about Americans first and last.  Because much of the world would welcome our demise, also.

January 22, 2009 at 5:16 p.m.

• Obviously you are not a politician. The first thing you would do is pander to your supports by announcing some pissant change to satisfy them that you are sincere. Then you can start disapointed them when you break other promises, but make them feel good.
    I'm not directing this at Obama, but all politicians.

January 22, 2009 at 4:48 p.m.