Comments

• I couldn’t’ be a party, to any party that would have me, I can barely stand myself. My philosophy on life is drink beer, flirt with women, joke with friends, and eat good food; except when someone needs me.

Many people took time out of their lives to help me over the years, it’s just right to do the same, that’s all. I have no long-term desire for public service; I just want people to have the opportunity to live righteous, receive equitable treatment under the constitution, and profit from their merits honestly.

No one should believe they must resort to criminal behavior, in order to receive justice or just a living. No one should have the right to oppress others or deny them liberties granted by the U.S. Constitution. No one should receive less than an honest days pay, for an honest days work; nor carpetbag more through false actions.

The only reason I blog, face book, twitter, and engage chartrooms is because I have a knack for understanding situations that others are blinded too. The people have a right to think for themselves, their thoughts have value. If their value is not seen or developed, then it is the fault of those that represent them, not an admonishment of it. I categorize myself as the cricket on Pinocchio’s shoulder, a conscious for government. The people want real representation from government, so that they can go back to living their lives without fear of it being destroyed under the weight of irresponsible leaders. If we have the courage of patriotism and conviction of conscious, we will make the hard choices because they are the right ones. Our posterity will either look upon us as the “greatest generation”, or the “most decadent, selfish generation”.

February 19, 2010 at 11:38 a.m.

• gyroscope said: "...Medina says we know secession will 'be a bloody battle'"

And she has cited the "bloody battle" repeatedly as the reason secession is not the answer. Debra Medina is not a secessionist. She stated this right here in Victoria a week ago.

Go to 4:30 of Part 1:
    www.victoriaadvocate.com/weblogs/a-ba...

February 19, 2010 at 11:29 a.m.

• I think, I will become a “debt abolitionist”; because our children need to be freed from the “national debt”, that our corrupt government is imprisoning them too.

February 19, 2010 at 10:56 a.m.

• Here's one Independent that wasn't on the list. Thomas Ritter Helm. http://www.helmforgovernor.com/

February 18, 2010 at 7:57 p.m.

• Refering to Mr. Still, I think the lack of a Party affiliation and no special interest groups stuffing his campaign fund to be a plus. The Political favoritism is not an issue for him. He has a FB page with discussions I found very interesting.

January 23, 2010 at 12:15 a.m.

• handgunhunter,

While Still looks like a great candidate to support, his platform looks identical to Medina's. If Medina gains some ground and has a shot to at least force a runoff, would you consider voting for her? I vote Libertarian & Constitution Parties every chance I get, but I can't pass on this opportunity to get a constitutionalist in the governor's mansion. She's our best hope right now.

January 16, 2010 at 6:25 p.m.

• You forgot one! KEVIN STILL, Independent (Conservative) Land Surveyor and U.S. Army Veteran. He is for Securing the Border, Pro-Gun, Pro-Life, Anti-Tax, Anti-Big Government, Pro-Education and Pro-Common sense. He is not interested in Special Interest groups and stands on the fact he will not owe any political favors when elected because of that. He says his special interest is you, me...WE the People.

From his website "I believe it is going to take a real person to solve our real problems. We must return to the basics of our Founding Documents and restore our State and Country from the ground up. Our apples are falling too far from the tree."

Check out www.stillforthepeople.com
    He has my vote.

January 16, 2010 at 5:36 p.m.

• I am with you FatBoy. Perry and KBH won't get my vote but I do see a run-off.

I will have to check out the Wharton girl--Medina. I am sure someone can link a site for her. Ocker is pretty sharp on this.

January 3, 2010 at 11 p.m.

• I like Debra Medina for Govenor but there will be some who forget about Rick Perry's DOT fiasco among other things.

Bill White is anti-gun, pro-tax and only dumped Bloomberg's little group of anti-gun mayors at the urging of John Sharp.

January 3, 2010 at 10:47 a.m.

• One less with Kilgore dropping out...

endorses Medina

January 3, 2010 at 6:43 a.m.

• Perry, Hutchison > wont get my vote. period.

January 2, 2010 at 11:02 p.m.