Comments

• Gyro.

Two or three years ago. You and your cohorts accuse me of voting for then-Senator Obama over Hillary because he is black after I comment that my vote is (rather was) based on the Iraq War. You and others refuse to believe that.

Now you are using Hillary Clinton's and Democrats Iraq war vote to fire back at Democrats and non conservatives on here.

Only on VicAD folks.

May 26, 2010 at 12:11 a.m.

• In regards to the reasons to for going to war in Iraq and the calling of democrats liars...

If you will recall, President Bush and his cronies went to the UN with detailed information about where they "knew" WMD was. They painted a picture that there was a clear connection between Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden.

At the time, I believed it. Why would my president lie about such things immediately after 911? The world believed him, they sent troops to form a coalition force. The Dems believed him and backed him because after all, they saw the intelligence presented to them.

But something happened in the years hence. The intelligence was shown to be faulty and cherry picked. In fact, at a state correspondents dinner, Pres. Bush, in a futile effort to be funny joked about not finding WMD.

The cherry picking of evidence to support going to war is what the Dems refer to when they talk of Bush lying.

I voted for McCain in the last election because I thought him to be a stand-up personality and liked his record of working with the other side. I am a conservative, but not a liberal basher. I chalk it up that they just have a differing opinion than I do. However, they win this argument about Bush. I'm sorry, case closed.

May 25, 2010 at 9:31 a.m.

• Mr. Code,

Being a person that has traveled the world and seen things that most could only dream of or maybe just see a picture wishing they could go there and do the same things I have seen and done.

The truth of the matter is being the season veteran that I am; I have never witnessed a more arrogant President of the United States than Obama. There is a photo album some where missing a picture of the truth about this man, I do think his wife may be holding that picture to the puzzle.♠♠♠

There is something to be said about a person that refuses to release information about his past from a simple birth certificate to his college records.

No, LOL, I do think he is a USC, but the man is hiding the truth about his travels, religion, and the true fact that he had two step mothers, along with strong ties to Kenya♠♠♠

May 23, 2010 at 8:13 p.m.

• Reporting is clear, the Mexican army of criminals are growing very fast, which is proof that Calderon’s war on the cartels is failing. The majority of Mexicans, according to opinion polls, think the traffickers are winning the war. The US War on Drugs is doing no better, and perhaps the legalization of drugs should be given another look.

May 23, 2010 at 8:12 p.m.

• And allow me to add, I completely agree with Calderon’s most vocal domestic critic, former Mexican foreign minister Jorge Castaneda, who say's Mexico's war on the cartels that has gone so poorly, was a war of choice, not prompted by any specific outrage, but by a perceived need to legitimize a closely contested presidential election in 2006.

May 23, 2010 at 8:07 p.m.

• Calderon was critical in his speech of the US lifting the ban on the sale of assault weapons in his speech to Congress. The NRA launched an attack before Calderon’s arrival with an essay on its website saying that Mexico’s crisis was being used as a pretext for restrictions on gun ownership. The NRA pretty much believes we all should have the right to own the weapon of our choice, hand grenades, machine guns, mortars, 50 cal sniper weapons, you name it. The US is to guns what Columbia is to cocaine.

May 23, 2010 at 8:01 p.m.

• @itisi

I know you weren't serious when you posted that vid so I'll heartily laugh with you at the preposterousness of such a thing....right?

right?

right?

;-)

May 23, 2010 at 6:55 p.m.

• I think President Obama is an illegal alien, “NOW…”

May 23, 2010 at 6:03 p.m.

• Geez, who claimed that "chest beating" was a bad thing again?

I guess that would be the one beating his chest!

May 23, 2010 at 5:43 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

May 23, 2010 at 5:25 p.m.

• Who is Mr. Eastion ?

May 23, 2010 at 5:22 p.m.

• Gyroscope.

I got news for you I AM NOT FAN OF BYRD. NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad now that Mr. Eastion didn't win the election for State Rep. in 1992.

May 23, 2010 at 5:05 p.m.

• Onslow: you make some interesting points. gives me something to chew on. very interesting perspective.Gyro: i'm not affiliated with any party. why do you continually make this conversation a false dichotomy? it's not about republicans OR democrats. you keep bringing up the same crap. did the dems lie? yes. did the repubs lie? yes. are any of those people in the group i'm talking about? no. it's a red herring. you keep trying to pull attention away from the fact that I blame the CIC. you still haven't addressed that! onslow did...he gave me something to think about. you just keep going in circles, like a dog chasing it's own tail. dogs aren't too bright.

May 23, 2010 at 3:59 p.m.

• Transparency, as promised, in action!

May 23, 2010 at 2:39 p.m.

• Let me start out by saying that I do not believe President Bush lied to us about the WMDs or the need to go to war. I used to believe he had lied but now I realize that he, like the members of congress, were misled to believe these facts and Believed them to be true as they represented the misinformation to the american people.

The true liar in almost every scandal of the Bush Administration was Dick Cheney. Before my fellow Republicans begin attacking, I don't believe Cheney lied because he is Republican, rather I believe he lied because he is a power hungry individual who truly thought he knew what was best for America whether anyone agreed with him or not. I believe the correct term is megalomaniac. These are the events that lead to my conclusions:

(1) Cheney was tapped to find a VP running mate for GWB and decided he was the most qualified. In effect, he appointed himself Vice President. Upon taking that office he immediately expanded its powers and influence. No VP in history exercised so much control over decisions and policy.

(2) Once the smoke cleared, the path of the Valerie Plame outing led back to Dick Cheney. Cheney used Libby and Robert Novak to assassinate the career of Plame in political retaliation for Joe Wilson's stance on Iraq. Cheney also let Libby take the bullet for him and was greatly and publicly outraged with GWB for not pardoning Libby.

(3) Cheney had ALL the data, recon, and information about Iraq and the viability of WMDs. Cheney doctored and cherry-picked the information to convince President Bush, and even Colin Powell, that there was a real threat. THIS WAS A LIE perpetuated by Cheney to justify invading Iraq and taking over its oil reaserves. (Let us not forget Cheney's ties to big oil).

(4) When challenged on one of the Sunday morning talk shows (I think it was Tim Russert) about the fact that the American people did not support the war or the decision to invade, Cheney calmly replied "So what? We're in charge." The hubris of this man's ego knew no bounds. He truly believed he had vision and we were all blind.

Finally, let me assert again that I do not believe the Republicans promoted these lies. I believe they were sold to the President, Congress, and the American people by one self-centered, egomaniacal man who happened to be a Republican.

Let the arguments begin.

May 23, 2010 at 10:55 a.m.

• Real Americans support the country against other countries. Real Americans support the soverignty of the Constitution and want to see the tenents enforced. Real Americans oppose open borders and allowing anyone into the country just because they were able to sneak across. Real Americans are not hyphenated.

May 23, 2010 at 10:12 a.m.

• Hatred and discrimination wear many faces.

May 23, 2010 at 10:08 a.m.

• Alton.

So.....in other words, if I disagree with you then I am not an American? Does that mean you would get revoke my 14th Amendment?

May 23, 2010 at 5:39 a.m.

• To me real citizens of the United States stand-up for country, it was the leadership and dedication of this country that halted the cold war and made it a safer place to live. We don't owe any country an excuse on how we operate our country.

May 22, 2010 at 11:15 p.m.

• IMO, a real Americans are not just paper citizens of the United States, but US citizens that are loyal to the US Constitution with freedom and liberty of the individual. They are not loyal to another country, or consider themselves dual citizens, or loyal to an ideology against capitalism.

May 22, 2010 at 10:49 p.m.

• OTM...

May 22, 2010 at 4:42 p.m.

• ALton.

I want my question as well as Archiebonkers's questioned. WHO ARE REAL AMERICANS ?????????????

May 22, 2010 at 4:31 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

May 22, 2010 at 4:23 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

May 22, 2010 at 4:12 p.m.

• Gypo.

Quoting George Wallace........ huh? Now I know where you are coming from. Thanks for proving my point.

May 22, 2010 at 3:48 p.m.

• Alton.

Who are real Americans?

May 22, 2010 at 3:03 p.m.

• gyro: I'm visiting familiy and doing this on my phone. This was the first thing I found online. when I get back to my computer Monday, I can be more thorough in my search. Here's what I found: http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_ur... is straight from the horse's mouth. Of course he doesn't say "I lied". I'll look for a clip of his speech inciting the country to attack Iraq. The reason I blame him, besides the fact the he is the commander in chief, is that it was his words, his speeches, his prompting (again using fear-mongering rhetoric) that encouraged congress to vote for the war. It was his fault, because he created the hysteria.Give me a couple of days to find the proof...it's a pain on my phone.

May 22, 2010 at 1:44 p.m.

• who are the real citizens of the United States?

May 22, 2010 at 1:27 p.m.

• ok. I'll try to make it more clear. I don't condemn the republicans or the democrats. I condemn the commander in chief. I thought that was clear last time.

May 22, 2010 at 9:21 a.m.

• gyro: I don't excuse the one person who is ultimately in charge of our armed forces. I hold him responsible for having our boys killed under false pretenses. If Obama, or any other president did the same thing, I would loathe him as well.I hope you aren't making the hasty generalization that I am a Democrat. I vote by issues. I voted for Bush the first time, but after I saw what a moron and liar he was, I had enough sense not to do it a second time or vote for the next version of him, McCain.I didn't comment on the Mexican president's speech, because I have neither heard it nor read it. I choose not to talk about things I am ignorant of. Instead, I commented on the part that was relavent to me. That's my perrogative. I am tired of the die-hard Bush supporters/anti-Obamists taking cheap personal shots that call in to question the degree of patriotism or citizenship of those of us with contrary viewpoints. I am tired of the former's seeming inability to have an intelligent, logical, and infallable debate about the progress and direction of our Nation without the unnecessary, unproductive, and unintelligent jabs. I am tired of the obviously inflammatory rhetoric and fear-mongering strategy of the right.It's that crap that takes the focus off of what is really important.

May 21, 2010 at 7:53 p.m.

• gyroscope: I don't care about anyone else who backed the claim - Democrat or Republican. He lied. He admitted it later, in so many words. As you note: I wrote "DB Bush" not Democrats, Republicans, Communists, Socialists, Nurses, or anyone else. So don't even bring them up - it has nothing to do with what I said.

May 21, 2010 at 4:15 p.m.

• So our liars and thieves applaud another thief. What's the news?

THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT!!

May 21, 2010 at 11:36 a.m.

• Wow. I guess I am a "real citizen" because I do get enraged. I got enraged when "DB" Bush lied to me about why we were invading Iraq. I got enraged when he approved No Child Left Behind. I got enraged when he approved The Patriot Act, and my fellow Americans applauded the loss of one of their constitutional rights.

I get enraged when I hear idiots attacking my patriotism simply because I disagree.

I guess when you were applauding the moron Bush you weren't a "real citizen" since you were not enraged at that time.

May 21, 2010 at 10 a.m.

• I think the Democrats that did stand up to clap for Pres. Calderon didn't have a choice...they have got their heads stuck so far up our (and I use that term loosely) President's "you know what" that when he stands to applaud, they automatically do the same. :)

May 21, 2010 at 9:03 a.m.

• The things people get worked up about are a window into their soul.

May 20, 2010 at 8:54 p.m.

• Personally, I would just smile and let it pass because once they were gone, I live my life the way I want to anyway.

I've done that many times with nosy, know-it-all, guests. Even though I do not like what they say, I smile and act cordial. I am not one to make a fight out of someone else's opinion.

May 20, 2010 at 7:14 p.m.

• Let me get this straight, we should respect and applaude someone that comes into our home and disrespect us? Its called manners. It is being diplomatic. Sure glad I am not your spouse or family member.

May 20, 2010 at 7:13 p.m.

• Well gee, there is the disconnect, the all mighty "respect" factor that seems to be so in vogue these days.

Lack of "respect", or "disrespect" seems to be the current defense for anything a person might do. You know, "He disrespected me, so I shot him.", or vandalized his car ect.

Born?

If you have a guest in your home, and they start complaining about how you run your home, would you applaud them for telling you? Or would you just say thanks I appreciate your opinion, but it is not your place to admonish me for how I run my own house?

May 20, 2010 at 6:25 p.m.

• what do you mean the real citizens of the United States? that's a typical comment from someone that watches and listens to Faux News!

May 20, 2010 at 6:18 p.m.

• el Chapo Guzman probably told him he better come say that or else!

May 20, 2010 at 6:16 p.m.

• When I have a guest in my home,. I respect their point of view and treat them with civility, even though I don't agree with them at all times. It's called manners.

May 20, 2010 at 5:46 p.m.

• Its called respecting anothers opinion I believe. There is such a thing as diplomatic protocol and America has a proud tradition of respect for them

May 20, 2010 at 5:36 p.m.