Comments

• Sounds like there is no decent candidate to vote for. So, what do you do then?

October 14, 2010 at 1:54 p.m.

• I would never ever vote for Rick Perry because of the TTC land grab scheme, and his HPV vaccine executive order idea.

October 14, 2010 at 12:45 p.m.

• I'm having a problem with this election. There's no way I would ever vote for Perry after his Trans-Texas Corridor land grab scheme, but I'm not sure about White. I didn't live in Houston while he was mayor, so I'm not sure about him. I've, of course, HEARD that he made Houston a sanctuary city while he was in office, but I'm not sure it actually happened. I'd like to KNOW if he did and, if he did turn Houston into a sanctuary, I'd like to KNOW his intentions along those lines if he is elected governor. If White did in fact make Houston a sanctuary city, I'll vote for Kathie Glass, the Libertarian candidate.

I've seen all sorts of things on Google about Houston and sanctuary. I've seen that there is not an official, codified policy but the cops don't enforce immigration laws and look the other way. I've seen that the Houston cops give aliens a hard time. I don't know where the truth is.

October 14, 2010 at 12:32 p.m.

• It's been a while since the last post, but I just came across it today. Mr Alton calls himself a constitutionalist. If that were true, he could not possibly support Rick Perry. Perry's policies and agendas, along with our AG have trampled on the rights of citizens left and right. He's what I would call 'smarmy', meaning that he may look good on the surface, but that's not the real Rick Perry. It's time for Texas to have new leadership. Bill White may not be the perfect candidate for governor, but he's better than what we've had for the last 8 years. I encourage everyone to really consider the issues and get out and vote your conscience. If enough people get out and vote, the people will have spoken. If those people want Perry again, so be it. I love Texas and I want to see it improve. I don't believe Perry will do that.

October 14, 2010 at 8:55 a.m.

• Hmm, I can't decide -- a large feminine hygiene product or a loaf sandwich...

May 26, 2010 at 8:58 p.m.

• GOPLovechild.

I love you man. You speak the truth.

May 26, 2010 at 7:33 p.m.

• I'm voting for White because Texas is worst off because of Perry.
    I voted White for Houston Mayor and it's better because of him.

May 26, 2010 at 6:13 p.m.

• Edith.

Perry has to go.

May 26, 2010 at 12:40 a.m.

• The country is tweeting an anti-incumbent trend!

May 24, 2010 at 11:40 p.m.

• I WILL vote for Bill White because he is NOT Rick Perry.

It's time to 'Evict Rick'.

May 24, 2010 at 11:26 p.m.

• I will vote Bill White despite of what he done or Alton Easton's chestbeating. I guess I am not a real American for providing another disagreement with the former State Rep candidate Alton Easton.

May 24, 2010 at 11:21 p.m.

• Is your list for voting for Rick Perry just as long?

May 24, 2010 at 9:55 p.m.

• "I will not vote against Bill White, because he spent millions on massive expansion of parks, libraries, and public clinics"
    Since when was that a bad idea? When you spend money, it's important to know who will benefit. If you have a problem on spending money for things that almost ALL taxpayers use, you have a serious problem. I will never vote for the political ass that is Rick Perry. In 2001, despite an upcoming budget deficit, he saw fit to spend $4 Million of OUR tax dollars to gerrymand election districs under the suggestion of the criminal Tom Delay ONLY to benifit Republicans, and disenfranchise voters. The case was brought to the US Supreme Court, and while they said it is legal to change the districts anytime, they ruled Rick Perry and his cronies went too far, and made them change some of them back. So Texas doesn't have to money to spend on important things like education, health care, transpotation, etc., but we DO have an extra $4 mil to expand a crook's personal and political agenda. I don't think so. The overall mood is that it's time to flush the waste out of ALL government. We all can start by flushing out Rick Perry.

May 24, 2010 at 3:33 p.m.

• "Why I will not vote for Bill White?"

Is this a statement or a question? When did the English language die in Texas?

May 24, 2010 at 1:06 a.m.

• Okay, Gyro...yet another reason I'll NOT vote for White.

May 23, 2010 at 2:31 p.m.

• I will vote against Bill White because he turned Houston into a sanctuary city and because he might try to do the same to the entire state if he's elected.

I will also vote against Bill White because of the financial mess he made in Houston and has left for others to correct.

I will vote against Rick Perry because of the TTC land grab attempt.

I will vote against Rick Perry because of his irresponsible secession remarks, indicating that he is not a loyal American.

The Texas Libertarian Party has yet to choose its' candidate for governor, but, unless they choose a perfect dunce, I will vote for the Libertarian candidate. I do not think the Libertarian candidate has a snowball's chance in Woodsboro, but every vote they attract is a comment on the democrats and republicans and the way some of us feel about the established parties. My vote will NOT be wasted anymore than the votes for any other losing candidate are wasted when those votes represent the real wishes of the voters.

May 23, 2010 at 10:01 a.m.

• Sounds like more of our liberal Republican governor Rick Perry's blather. The same Rick Perry who was statewide campaign manager for Al Gore for President! I've had it with professional politicians like Perry who look out for themselves and their lobbyist friends and not for the best interests of Texans. I am a conservative.....Rick Perry is a liberal and always will be. He is a good, silver-tounged politician though just like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

May 23, 2010 at 6:50 a.m.