Comments

• sure, NBA players make a lot of money, but they spend a lot of money, too. how is Spreewell going to feed his children?

October 13, 2011 at 5:42 a.m.

• Jessica P.

Thanks for your reply. I am sure it is no accident that these five names are consistently in the five featured blogs, but your comment did not give me or anyone else who would be curious, why it is that way.

If the reason is that it is just easier to leave the same five blogs in this spot and let the others fall into the "other blogs" as they come in, then I would suggest to be respectful to other writers, switch out the five on a weekly basis with five new bloggers every week. Seems more fair to everyone than featuring the same folks all the time. Thanks.

October 11, 2011 at 5:04 p.m.

• The only people I feel sorry as a result of this are the vendors, restaurant owners and workers, and other hard-working people whose livelihood depends on these games.

Other than that, who really cares if there is a season or not? Will we really miss a bunch of illiterate adults acting like adolescents spewing out expletives every minute and getting busted for domestic violence and drug possession? We have the Occupy Wall Street crowd to provide us that kind of entertainment.

October 11, 2011 at 3:31 p.m.

• Dear Beakus,

Thank you for your question. We feature different bloggers at different times. We welcome suggestions. Please email me at jpuente@vicad.com or you can call in a suggestion 361-580-6311.

Just to be clear, I am not the only person in this decision making process. But I can pass suggestions along to the rest of our editors for review.

Thanks again for your comments.

Jessica Puente
    361-580-6311
    jpuente@vicad.com

October 11, 2011 at 3:28 p.m.

• I have a question for the VA that has little to do with this blog. What is the guidelines for what makes the top five, or the five blogs shown on the opening blog page? I look three or four days a week at the blogs and the only five names i normally see blogs by on the opening pages are from Mike, Rebecca, Josexists, Jared, and Fox Family.

Makes no sense to me. Does the VA regard these as staff writers or is this preferrential treatment or favoritism at it's worst?

October 11, 2011 at 2:50 p.m.

• This situation with the NBA players and owners is nothing new. It is my belief that what is happening is no different than what is happening in all aspects of our society. The big "G" word syndrome. (Greed)

The Spurs example is spelled out in many ways. Just think about the loss of revenue for the TV networks with the advertisements. NBA paraphanailia/trinkets that are produced and sold in shops, stores, and over the internet all over the USA. Big Bucks that come primarily from you and me and the rest of plain everyday Americans. We pay for all of the "Greed" that the players and owners are jocking for.

October 11, 2011 at 2:39 p.m.

• I agree from the management/player area. Also within here is the realization that I lot of people's lives are also affected, people who are not overpayed (concession stand workers, ushers, parking, etc). Apparently, in this whole dispute, those people are not considered. Go figure.

October 11, 2011 at 12:18 p.m.

• They are all overpayed, hope they don't have a season!

October 11, 2011 at 11:38 a.m.