Comments

• Did you read where the Catholic Church is taking over Robert Schuller's place out in Cali. Since they were serious Non-denominational Protestants and from my time as a Catholic from 1945-1963 we weren'e even allowed to know any Protestants under pain of Mortal sin is there any rite like Exorcism that has to be performed so Real Catholics can enter the building?
    Or did Vatican II make all of those things OK?
    Patrick Barnes

June 27, 2012 at 8:53 p.m.

• Still: Mr. Zuck can correct me if I am wrong, but I think he is saying that while we strive for holiness, there is the possibility that we reject Christ here through our actions and so choose our eternal reward as Maximis Decidius Meridius says "what we do here echoes for eternity" or St. Paul's reference to running the race as to win. There is no race unless there exists the possibility of not winning a crown and in the case of holiness it is our own choosing.

June 26, 2012 at 9:43 p.m.

• Dale..."If I accept grace, try to live a grace filled life, then perhaps I can be saved despite myself."

PERHAPS??? PERHAPS you can be saved after you've jumped through the hoops? What happened to Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved? I thought that was the whole deal of christianity; you believe and accept Christ by faith and you're in. I'm far from a biblical scholor, but where does it say the perhaps thing? Is that why the guy at work spends his time before eight and during lunch reading the bible and books associated with the bible? He's trying to not lose his salvation? Is that why he gives ten percent to the church -- to get around the perhaps gotcha?

June 26, 2012 at 8:24 p.m.

• Cattleman.

Thank you. I was wondering the same thing.

June 26, 2012 at 7:56 p.m.

• Catholic... universal. The First, the One which incorporates all. The one which never changes, just like the One yet Three which created her. Others may choose to leave and find a more human church building, but they are finding that which is human, and which changes to meet the needs and wants of an imperfect man. Yes, I am Catholic.

June 26, 2012 at 12:49 p.m.

• Catholic or a Christian?

June 26, 2012 at 11:05 a.m.

• Why am I Catholic? James 2:26 Any way else is pure rubbish. One can not say "I am saved by grace", live a sinful life and expect heaven. If I accept grace, try to live a grace filled life, then perhaps I can be saved despite myself.

June 26, 2012 at 10:58 a.m.