Blogs » stacy-snapp-killian-StacyK » Be Smart, Live Long, Conserve Water!

Subscribe


We live on a water-world. If you stripped the "Earth" of it's surface shapes, landforms, and features an uninterrupted ocean would emerge. There's a huge-hole that cuts through the Bahama's known as: The turquoise waters.

Inside these waters you find a gush of even, more sea waters that plummet into the Abyss. Known as the tongues tip, a vertical cliff-faced gap plunges for miles into what's known as; The Great Bahama Canyon. This canyon of water runs for 140 miles before descending into the Earth's center- at a depth of 2 and a half miles- deep!

Earth has been alive roughly, 4.5 billion years and was here before human life existed. Engineered to perfection, earth and the survival of it, are not the issue. The truth is, earth doesn't depend upon Humans to supply it a daily dose of water. Even if temperatures increase and top layers of soil burn, earth has enough water stored inside it, to protect itself and the life it lives for millions of years.

However, almost a fifth of the world's population (about 1.2 billion people) live in areas where water is scarce. A quarter of the population lives in developing countries that face water shortages due to lack of infrastructure. 3% of all the water on Earth is fresh water, which leaves, 97% salt water in seas and oceans. Of the 3%, only 1% available for "us" to use. The other 2% makes up glaciers, ice caps and water vapor.

Water is important for us to survive and live. Be smart- live long- Conserve Water!

© 2010 Ringer: All rights reserved No reproduction without prior written permission