Comments

• holein1,

I may just have to use that as a facebook status! LOL thanks!

June 25, 2010 at 8:17 a.m.

• Are all of the booster activities Non profit 501 c3 status? If they aren't then none of the donations are tax deductable. Seems as thought the schools would require books to be filed each year for inspection, which would reduce the chances of monies being misdirected.

The biggest problem is when the students are directed to one vendor for the purchasing of items. The chance of kickbacks is always there.

The merchants are in for a long year of people fighting for donations for twice as many clubs, with the notion "that merchant is in our zone".

June 24, 2010 at 6:20 p.m.

• oh man, my favorite 2nd grade cut down...you think you're hot snot on a silver platter, but you're not. you're just cold boogers on a paper plate. tell me that's not epic!!

June 24, 2010 at 1:50 p.m.

• ....and then he or she calls DJ the "Wicked Witch of the West" really? Are we 10 years old now? LOL

June 24, 2010 at 1:37 p.m.

• Come on Cmonman you really are scrapping the barrel of plausibility here. Most of your comments have been removed but I recall them well enough.

When you say you post only facts and figures one only has to quote you (hard to do since most of your spurious posts are now history) for the truth:

"I have so much information that if I say everything at one time it will take out all of the fun.....Little by little. Does the truth hurt?"

And..

"edith and red rage I cant wait till audit results are in and dj is gone . Soon very soon! Then we will see who has the last laugh!!"

Does this sound like someone who has good intentions? Does this sound like someone who posts just the "facts and figures"?

As I've said, let the record, or lack of a record in your case, speak for itself...

June 24, 2010 at 1:32 p.m.

• you may want to revisit the definition of "facts and figures" and "malicious". just sayin.

cmonman, i'm just guessing...did your daughter get passed over for officer or did she get yelled at because she wasn't pulling her weight?

you may have cleared this up for me before, but did you say whether or not you were actually on the drill team or was it just your daughter?

June 24, 2010 at 1:29 p.m.

• I love you too CMONMAN!

June 24, 2010 at 1:11 p.m.

• I'm not the one with a chip on my shoulder that repeatedly hurls spurious allegations without any proof or evidence.

Let the record speak for itself.

I like Mr. Admirable, nice ring to it, might change my username...

June 24, 2010 at 1:09 p.m.

• Well you are just starting to sound like a troll now, so if you want people to take you seriously over this issue I would suggest you start to post in a reasonable manner.

Is it that difficult?

June 24, 2010 at 1:01 p.m.

• cmonman,

Go start a blog with Blogspot or Wordpress if you are so concerned about how this website operates.

June 24, 2010 at 12:33 p.m.

• cmonman...seriously??

June 24, 2010 at 12:16 p.m.

• Various comments have been removed by staff. Please do not repost comments that have been deleted.

Personal attacks will not be allowed in our comments section. Repeated violation of our user policy will result in users being banned from our site. Please read our full user policy here: http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/user-...

Question or comments about our user policy can be directed to moderators@vicad.com.

June 24, 2010 at 11:54 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

June 24, 2010 at 11:54 a.m.

• @mom98

I suspect the moderators of this website are removing your comments due to violations of the usage agreement

June 24, 2010 at 11:51 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

June 24, 2010 at 11:41 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

June 24, 2010 at 11:32 a.m.

• lol @ holein1! I missed CMONMAN's comment.

June 24, 2010 at 11:19 a.m.

• easy there, no need to insult a man's drink of choice.

with a rosy personality like that, i can't imagine that you would ever verbally assault anyone. you're just too sweet. i bet you bleed syrup and cry sugar water.

June 24, 2010 at 10:49 a.m.

• And what's even worse holein1 is that some of these drama mammas have personally attacked teenage girls on the drill team right here on this forum.

The Victoria Advocate had to delete and not allow comments on the picture of the West drill team officers because of the drama mammas. Now that is just sad. Sad that DJ can't have a picture of her officers in the VA without being attack.

June 23, 2010 at 4:04 p.m.

• I agree with RRnD.

The way that you all have been acting is really discrediting your arguments. It's taking things that could potentially be serious and trivializing them because of your comments and actions.

You all appear to be "drama mommas" set on vengeance for something that DJ may or may not have done to your precious little snowflake, or fluffburger, whichever one fits.

The previous is only my opinion and I could be wrong.

June 23, 2010 at 3:28 p.m.

• mom98,

Look, I'm all for things being split fairly between East & West boosters, but the constant bashing from the drama mammas on the Victoria Advocate isn't helping your cause.

It seems that VISD is looking into the issue. It'll all play out, and things will be resolved.

June 23, 2010 at 12:46 p.m.

• Also everyone, will see the letter soon enough. It will be coming out in the Advocate. Where everyone, will be able to read. And be the judge for themselves, on what's going on.

June 23, 2010 at 11:40 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

June 23, 2010 at 11:36 a.m.

• EdithAnn:

The letter is simply alerting people who have donated money to the Victoriadores in the past that their personal information will not be released. lol

June 23, 2010 at 10:50 a.m.

• mom98,
    DJ isn't making public announcements on the VA website to defend herself because she seems to be more mature than that :) I doubt she wants to get herself involved in all the petty bickering from drama mammas.

CMONMAN,
    I have no affiliation to DJ other than I graduated from VHS while she was a teacher there. I just find this whole ordeal HIGH LARRY US!

June 23, 2010 at 10:44 a.m.

• RedRageNDallas: You have no idea, what you’re talking about. And I have had words with Mrs. DJ for your Information!!! As well as Mr. Crockett!!!

And if you know soooo much about what the letter states; then why you asking for it?

If they wanted you invited or to know; you would have received one in the mail, like the rest of us!!!!

And how is it second hand information; when it came from the horse’s mouth (DJ)?
    And off the printer from VISD???

DJ’s the one afraid; you don’t see her making a public announcement to defend her self???? Do you!!!

And your headline is great… LMAO!!!!

Still tracking along...... :EdithAnn :)

June 23, 2010 at 10:24 a.m.

• fatboy, you act like I'm scared that you know my name lol

Unlike these cowards on here I don't hide behind a screenname. I didn't hide behind a screenname either when I had the altercation with Coach Campbell and his clan a few years ago LOL

June 23, 2010 at 10:11 a.m.

• I play in an adult kickball league and there is no alcohol allowed at the park we play in. We still sneak in our vodka mixed with punch in a cooler :)

June 23, 2010 at 10:09 a.m.

• I played softball last nite in some time and NOTICED all the extra blue NO ALCOHOL signs at the community center area. This coincidence?? Ordinance 2009-20. Wow this really getting big 'eh, JoePnDallas

June 23, 2010 at 9:42 a.m.

• RedRage--

So you tell us what it says. Clear the air for all of us. Stop mom98 in her tracks.

June 23, 2010 at 9:17 a.m.

• And I'm still waiting for you to post this letter. I wanna see what it says....matter of fact, I know what is says and why you haven't posted it LOL

June 23, 2010 at 7:57 a.m.

• Thanks KyleC!

Mom98,
    Where did I say I don't "give a damn" about Victoria? Yeah, I'll be waiting ;)

So, from what I've read this Maggie Torres lady is getting second hand information from the likes of you and some others on this forum? LOL!!!! Are you really that scared to come forward yourself.....to a DRILL TEAM INSTRUCTOR! Sorry, I can't help but laugh.

I can see it in the headlines now....local woman (mom98) killed by Victoriadore boot for coming forward with emails...Dingly ball hat found on the scene. No suspects have been named.

PS readers: go to victoriadores.org and take a look at this "dangerous" woman that mom98 and some others are so afraid of. Just a warning...she looks like she weighs 110 pounds. Don't say I didn't warn ya ;)

June 23, 2010 at 7:51 a.m.

• @mom98

I care for RedRageNDallas comments as it seems that he/she is the only person willing to exercise the parts of the brain that control reason, logic and hysteria in this thread.

June 22, 2010 at 10:43 p.m.

• RedRageNDallas: Mrs. Torres is doing what she wants on her own. I just gave her a few notes.... And from the email I just got....
    I did good.... Mrs. Torres along with everyone; else deserves the truth!!!

And why is it; that you keep running your mouth, when you don't even give a dam about Victoria; or it's Drill Team???

Seems like no one cares for your comments anyways.

Keep your thoughts in DALLAS!!!! Mr. RedRageNDallas!!! lol

Soooo Orignal....lol

June 22, 2010 at 10:24 p.m.

• CMONMAN, I don't even live in Victoria. I'm just a fan of the 2 football teams. I really don't care what goes on with the drill team. If she's guilty then it will be taken care of.

I just think its funny that you all gripe on the VA instead of doing something about it. If you feel so strongly about something then take action instead of just writing a bunch of crap on the VA.

June 22, 2010 at 9:22 p.m.

• if this money was supposed to be split between the two new schools, then someone needs to be held accountable for those missing funds.

who is listed as being in charge of this event ?

who is listed as being the cfo ?

June 22, 2010 at 8:46 p.m.

• CMONMAN, why don't you come forward with all the information you have instead of hiding behind a screenname and letting this Maggie person do all the work for you and mom98?

Just sayin'

June 22, 2010 at 8:41 p.m.

• This clears up any question I had about any connection between drill team and TKB.

The statement in the article about this being the largest "fundraiser" of the Memorial High Drill Team tells me there was a direct connection between TKB and the drill team and it was probably capable of producing substantial amounts of money.

Apparently this money has disappeared into thin air, because there is none available to be split with the East school. I wonder what could have happened? Anyone thoughts anyone?

It may be worth noting that the Advocate was the media sponsor of last years event

June 22, 2010 at 8:08 p.m.

• i have a question.

what was the verbage used in the tkb ads, was it "a portion" or "all" of the proceeds benefit the...?

June 22, 2010 at 7:08 p.m.

• WE ALL had to follow this policy to dissolve. GE-R. Here is the link. If not WE ALL had consequence. See pages 14-17.

www.visd.com/policy/regulations/GE-R_...

mom98, where are those minutes??

here is one I found out today >> why did everyone get letters if all checks where made out to tbk. tbk is not VISD, right???

Fix it, Mr. Moore.

June 22, 2010 at 7:04 p.m.

• so what is the basis for this lawsuit ?

what are they hoping to find ?

is visd involved in this lawsuit ?

June 22, 2010 at 6:21 p.m.

• I find it funny that people claim the VA is censoring people because they somehow believe that DJ is friends with someone from the VA.

No people. Read the USER POLICY. It specifically talks about this kind of stuff.

kthxbai

June 22, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.

• RedRageVict: Boy, the VA does not like what you have to say... they keep yanking you off the blogs. What gives, can't you use nice words or are you that wrapped up in your negative rhetoric?

June 22, 2010 at 2:13 p.m.

• mom98,

Why are you having Ms. Torres do the dirty work for you? Are you scared of DJ? LOL

June 22, 2010 at 9:52 a.m.

• Hello All. I was not aware that there was any policy rules for booster minutes. What are they or some? I sent infor. containing $ amounts for Mrs. Torres to go on, incase someone trys to cover something up. And by the amounts they made plenty. Can't see how they have no money left?

Do you want to see the letter from the Attorney or the Minutes?

June 22, 2010 at 9:49 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

June 22, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.

• No, I haven't see that Kyle, but I'm sure its VERY SCARY to some around here lol

I hear there was a death by Victoriadore boot scene....

June 22, 2010 at 8:55 a.m.

• RedRageNDallas, have you never seen Texas Drill Team Instructor Massacre IV- Unedited? ...

;-)

June 21, 2010 at 11:42 p.m.

• CMONMAN, I really don't care what happens with the drill team. ITS DRILL TEAM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I also think its funny that YOU remain anonymous behind a computer screenname while you let this Maggie person do all the dirty work for you. Why don't you come out in public with all this information you have? Instead you want to sit here and let mom98 post a letter for you...and have Maggie do everything else LOL

The whole reason I laugh at YOU and others is because you talk a lot of mess behind a screen name because you're scared of a little old lady...really? How is she going to hurt you? LOL A lot of people gripe and complain so much on the VA but none do anything about it. Now it seems yall are using a lady that has nothing to do with drill team to do the dirty work for you all because yall are scared LMFAO

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day where people are scared of a drill team instructor!

June 21, 2010 at 11:35 p.m.

• well mom, post it here. I would be very interested and po'd if I saw meeting minutes that were against local policy. If we have to follow the rule by the law by damn she better as well.

Our AD Escalona was in office only 6 months and got it across to all the sports booster. This Lester fella had 2 yrs. What gives. Fix it. Like other posters have indicated. I'll be waiting to read the minutes. thanks.

June 21, 2010 at 9:40 p.m.

• Scout, who do you think gave Mrs. Torres the Infro.? Trust me she has plenty to go on..... How easy it is to scan/the booster minutes month after month..... Amongst other useful resources.

When your Fair and honest; you should have nothing to worry about!

June 21, 2010 at 8:05 p.m.

• You got it Erica.... Coming your way. Have lots of other stuff, as well.

June 21, 2010 at 7:55 p.m.

• Erica,
    lol. they all too scared!! Do what they did. You want hard documents call coach Torres.

June 21, 2010 at 11:33 a.m.

• Hello,

This is Erica Rodriguez. I'm the new education reporter with the Advocate. Would anyone be willing to share a copy of their letter with me?

You can contact me via email (erodriguez@vicad.com), phone 361-580-6303 or stop by at 311 E. Constitution St. in Victoria.

Thanks,

Erica Rodriguez

June 21, 2010 at 10:23 a.m.

• TWINKLETOES,
    If so much as one of the "milder" rumors is true, then the issues surrounding the West drill team are a very real concern. You should be aware that I am not a DJ hater. I would feel the same if any of these issues were caused by my mother. Any person that puts themselves before others just doesn't get it.

Many questions are still unanswered, one stands out.
    Why have all the other booster clubs resolved their affairs and made a smooth transition without any issue of any consequence?

Did it ever occur to you that the Torres' may be 100% right? Why is everyone afraid to answer all the other questions? They aren't difficult, but they do imply wrong doing. If there was no wrong doing as you claim, then how hard is it to provide some answers? I hold VISD equally responsible for failing to deal with this swiftly.

I'm afraid that becuase of the selfishness of a few, we will be opening our new schools under a black cloud of controversy. Who is responsible for that? Certainly not the Torres family.
    All the good the Drill team leader has provided will will mean nothing if any of this is true.

Selfishness, what a shame.

Thank you Torres family for your efforts.

June 19, 2010 at 8:50 a.m.

• tmark, You stand corrected. the uniforms are paid buy school funding. Read Yesterdays Advocate! The friday/travel uniform, boots, hats, pompoms, etc are purchased individually by each team member. And you havent a clue what that woman has disposed of and No one knows why or where the money went.
    Ask people of the last 6 years.

June 18, 2010 at 9:46 p.m.

• twinkle, the difference is that these k ids are doing activities where adults buy alcohol on a regular ongoing business basis. TKB is a little different because it is "SUPPOSED" to be a major source of funds for drill team activitiy expenses. I say drop the major money raising, send them to the games on yellow buses like the old fuddies road 50 years ago and be done with it. It wont kill them.

June 18, 2010 at 9:42 p.m.

• This issue is a smaller version of what is going on at higher levels through-out victoria. THOSE deemed worthy are running rough-shod over the rest of us "PEONS". They assume that they can do what ever they want and get away with it. Time to knock over a few pedistals and clean house.

June 18, 2010 at 10:57 a.m.

• really don't care about this mess other than SPLIT the money equally. The treasurer should have kept books. Who writes checks? Was there a budget set for the banquet? If girls sent to camp from one school then the other side should benefit also especially if the money came from Viper Booster Club--that included ALL THE GIRLS. = (

Where is Mr. Leach and other upper VISD in all of this?!? If there is already manipulating of the books how did the east/west booster club get approved?!?

Last question.....EAST dance team stand for your daughter's group!! Why is Torres doing your work---you want to be a contender in the future have your own balls and whistles and not borrowed ones.

June 18, 2010 at 9:36 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

June 18, 2010 at 9:18 a.m.

• Where there is a question of alcohol being at a place that VISD students are at, let me do a little finger pointing myself... other groups are also around alcohol and I don't see any of you pointing fingers or questioning these other groups. The Ballet Folklorico groups and the mariachis charge to perform at quinceneras, weddings and parties where alcohol is served and sold depending on the hall. The golf team practices and has tournaments where alcohol is sold by the establishment. Stock show kids get off of school to show their animals where there is a beer garden that donates money back to the stock show for scholarships... if the public really looks into all these functions in which our children attend they will see other shades of grey they might not like. This is nothing more than a lynch mob with way too much time on their hands. DJ Jaynes has produced some of Victoria's finest young men and women. DDDR- Discipline, Dedication, determination and Responsibility are words to live by. I wish more VISD teachers could make that much of a difference in our childrens lives.
    As for Mrs. Maggie Torres, ex-coach, she has a bone to pick with VISD and has been used by disgruntled parents to take the torch and run with it. Her kids are not in drill team, they are in sports. She has been manipulated and told things that are not true. She is a very passionate person who stands up for her beliefs, I just think she got in with the wrong crowd.

June 18, 2010 at 9:15 a.m.

• I read this letter via a friend. What a bunch of coverup. Heads gonna roll if you lie after lie. He stated when duly officers/group is once formed everything will be divided. HELLO? They have both been formed weeks ago. The problem it seems it was divided without knowledge months ago for the benefit of one.

You can write the Attorney General as indicated but you DO NOT NEED to go through the visd attorney.

Ms. Torres and your "birdies" dont stop. We should not have a supplement group for a booster. We all turned our cheeks for alcohol sales. We all did. Fix it.

June 17, 2010 at 4:25 p.m.

• laugh holein the head, laugh, for laughter is food for the soul.

June 17, 2010 at 3:11 p.m.

• some of you people make me laugh.

i'm surprised that no one has yet tried to implicate the vicad, affluent members of our community, city council members and county commissioners with the assassination of JFK, the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, 911, ties to the Illuminati...

June 17, 2010 at 2:31 p.m.

• i love the fact that VICAD will not touch this subject with a 10 ft pole.

im very curious what tie in a certain drill team person has to VICAD. There's no doubt that VICAD has been told to turn a deaf ear on this subject.

how long before this comment section is closed ?

June 17, 2010 at 1:53 p.m.

• tmark, maybe they do excel but so do a lot of other groups within the schools, maybe they are special, but it does not matter, the public sees them as part of VISD and they should follow same guidelines as others do. I am sure this is not what you would like to hear, but fact of life, ASSOCIATION means a lot, friends, etc. They are associated with the school and use the school rules to their benefit, then school policies should be followed not just when it is convenient for them but all the time.

June 17, 2010 at 1:05 p.m.

• ugot2laugh is revealing her intimate knowledge of the victoria drill teams when she states. "Maybe the fact that someone sold the old uniforms and did what????" Each participant buys and pays for their own uniform and other equipment, not VISD. If they want to sell, give away, burn or bury their "stuff" it's is none of your business. If there is an investigation into fund raising and financing that is another matter. However, it sounds like the same group attacking an organization that they are completely clueless as to how it operates. Like or not these girls excell in a program that has be managed by the same person for many years and her record speaks for itself.

June 17, 2010 at 11:05 a.m.

• What did the letter ask for? Is the letter on behalf of VISD or the worman Ms. Torres. Why not publish the contents of the letter?I think the biggest question that should be asked is WHICH SCHOOL WILL CALL THEMSELVES VICTORIADORES?

June 17, 2010 at 8:06 a.m.

• We got a letter today also. I cannot believe that the almighty VISD is fighting this. If there wasn't anything improper done, what do you have to hide. Maybe the fact that someone sold the old uniforms and did what????? with the money. Or maybe that it could be considered improper to hire your relative to provide the bucking stock for TKB and make HOW much money.
    Hopefully all of the truth will fall from the trees when they are shaken.
    Hoorah for Maggie

June 17, 2010 at 1:06 a.m.

Hopefully all of the truth will fall from the trees when they are shaken.
    Hoorah for Maggie

June 16, 2010 at 11:54 p.m.

Hopefully all of the truth will fall from the trees when they are shaken.
    Hoorah for Maggie, she has biggers ones than most of the
    he-man coaches.................

June 16, 2010 at 11:50 p.m.