Comments

• JL, I guess your idea of things to do differs. The boots comment brings up a very good point. The purpose of the campaign is to show all of the things you can do in your boots, not showcase boots. Hence "Bring Your Boots" instead of "We Have Your Boots" or "We Are Boots".

May 10, 2011 at 6:28 p.m.

• JL, I guess your idea of things to do differs. The boots comment brings up a very good point. The purpose of the campaign is to show all of the things you can do in your boots, not showcase boots. Hence "Bring Your Boots" instead of "We Have Your Boots" or "We Are Boots" or even "Victoria...The Birthplace of Boots". We may not have as many clubs, shopping choices, amusement parks, etc as some of our nearby cities, but that doesn't mean we don't have anything to do here.

May 10, 2011 at 6:27 p.m.

• all I know as a 30 something, I am depressed by this list forming...turning into reasons to leave Victoria. No one has mentioned the boots yet on here

May 10, 2011 at 6:08 p.m.

• My two wheeled,low riding Pitt Bull with a bad case of flatulence, disagrees!
    lol

May 10, 2011 at 6 p.m.

• Probably need some definition of the geographical limitations of the "Crossroads Area" to make this work. holein1's list works if you expand the envelope.
    Patrick Barnes

May 10, 2011 at 4:39 p.m.

• Sounds like a fun list to me, holein1.

And, holein1 - leave Hicktoria alone.

After all, he's "BI-WINNING"!

May 10, 2011 at 4:37 p.m.

• Yep, you got me Hicktoria. I was trying to a pull a fast one by listing things to do outside of Victoria County in an article titled "101 Things to Do in the Crossroads Before You Die". Stupid me! I thought that the Crossroads was a reference to our local geographical area, kind of like the Golden Crescent, Coastal Bend, etc.

Damn you for foiling my evil plans, I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for that pesky Hicktoria!!!! You should think about joining the Scooby Doo crew.

May 10, 2011 at 4:20 p.m.

• holein1 - most of those are not even in victoria county lol

May 10, 2011 at 4:08 p.m.

• in no particular order:

fish the Guadalupe river, kayak the Guadalupe river, camp at Coleto and go swimming at night, visit the wildlife refuge in Refugio, pay your respects in Fannin and Goliad, attend the annual reenactment in Goliad, have a picnic at the rest stop on 183 between Goliad and Cuero when the wildflowers are in bloom, take a long country drive on a Sunday with no particular destination in mind, eat a burger at the cafe/dance hall in Weesatche, go to a ball game at Rosebud Stadium, go fishing at $1 fishing hole on Schlebach Road, kayak the San Antonio River, go to a concert or dance at Schroder Hall, eat lunch at Fosatti's, take a walk through Evergreen Cemetery on Vine Street, attend Poco Bueno, take an off shore fishing trip out of POC, Turkey Fest Turkey Races, visit the Museum of the Coastal Bend, Victoria Christmas Parade, Goliad Christmas Parade, Cuero Christmas Lights, see the view from the top of One O’Connor Plaza...

...just a few off the top of my head.

May 10, 2011 at 3:41 p.m.

• I would like to submit counting all of the diapers in the Walmart parking lot. Very entertaining!

May 10, 2011 at 3:34 p.m.

• Read all historical markers should be one not 101. The YMCA pool may kill ya if u do it...almost did me back when I was a kid. Chlorine and indoors are not good for asthmatics

May 10, 2011 at 12:40 p.m.

• My sons and I enjoyed the Victoria Symphony last week. A town of this size is fortunate to have a group of talented musicians that can perform at that level. That was also the first time I had been to the new Performing Arts Center, and that is a very nice facility. We come from a very small town, so the indoor "cement pond" at the YMCA has also been great for our family.

And since moving here last fall, kicking the editor's butt in tennis has also been a fun thing to do! ;-)

May 10, 2011 at 12:24 p.m.

• I suspect there are more than 101 historical markers in the CrossRoads area. One of the best vacations I ever took with my daughter was a historical tour in Texas - we stopped and read every historical marker on our trip. I continue to enjoy stopping and reading the history of this area.

May 10, 2011 at 10:34 a.m.

• There are a 101 things to do in the crossroads? wow, would be lucky to get to 10. When I was in for a month in between trips to the Philippines the things I had to do was 1) Go to Jaguars/Generals game (depending on who was playing) at Riverside Stadium 2) Have a malt at Dairy Treet, 3) enchiladas a la tejanita and the only decent slice of pizza in town 4) Nikki's Roma Pizza...other than that....La Bahia? I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but sure people would say things like the Texas zoo and the Rose Garden.

May 9, 2011 at 7:13 p.m.