Comments

• I guess on the order of "free thinkers", we should break them down, like old school days:
    Anarchists(Lenin)
    Communist (Mao)
    Socialists(FDR)
    Liberals(Kenedy)
    Center of the Road (dead wildlife)
    Conservatives(Reagan)
    Libertarians(Ron Paul)
    Facists(Franco, of Spain is the last I remember)
    Reactionaries(Sadam Hussein)
    I would say that "free thinkers" on either side are somewhere between socialist and liberals on the left, and conservatives and libertarians on the right. The problem with all politicians of today is that they really stand for NOTHING, only THEMSELVES and their private gain.
    "Hogs on the left, Hogs on the right, all getting fat out of the same trough"

December 20, 2007 at 9:06 p.m.

• Mike,
    Ever consider that you might be a Libertian, in your beliefs anyway.
    I'm probably a little "right" of you socially, and maybe even on fiscal matters, but I think we agree more than disagree.
    I'll never forget watching Mr. GWB in person saying "limited government works" no fewer than ten times in a speech about ten years ago. And this f##ker as expanded spending and government power at an alarming rate. Along with his buddies in Congress. From both sides.
    I'm a hater too! I hate politicians!
    I

December 20, 2007 at 7:24 p.m.

• I guess it's group think to the left of center?
    You can be strong & wrong as stay the course......lol

December 20, 2007 at 11:13 a.m.

• What's the opposite of  "free thinkers to the right of center"?

December 20, 2007 at 10:44 a.m.

• Great question Bighorn. Am I biased Democrat, you bet I am but I have said several times that I believe in divided government. I respect fiscal conservatives, because I believe in an balanced budget and reducing spending. I do not like what the social conservatives bring to national politics like amending the Constitution to ban gay marriage. I would like for social issues to stay at the state level.
    I do not dislike Republicans as a whole, in fact, I have sung the praises of Chuck Hagel (R-NE) and would vote for him if he ran for president. Robert Gates, Defense Secretary is another Republican,I have have praises for.
    Because my rants against Republicans far outnumber the times I have praised them, I can see where I would be called a hater. On a few occasions I have ranted against the Democrats for example,not being strong enough in standing up to this president.

December 20, 2007 at 9:50 a.m.

• "........the free thinkers to the right of center?"
    I had to laugh out loud when I read that--Free Thinkers?  Priceless!

December 20, 2007 at 3:09 a.m.

• Mike,
    Would you characterize yourself as a "hater" given your rants against Republicans, social conservatives, and the free thinkers to the right of center? Or would that be "politically incorrect?

December 19, 2007 at 9:02 p.m.

• Where's Karl Rove when you need him?

December 19, 2007 at 3:28 p.m.

• Perhaps I didn’t explain myself thoroughly.
    If you use the word racist, hater ,and sexist, you are no longer being politically correct, because you are no longer skirting the issue.
    Now, using the word racist, hater and sexist by the left is a counter tactic.IMO.
    I was talking present-day, and I did say it changes rapidly. I also said that some resent the change in social policy, so being politically correct makes them think they are wrong.
    Now to talk about uniting then continue to only place blame on liberals or the left then don’t be surprised if it never happens.
    The  wedge issues of today are abortion, gay marriage, illegal immigration, and the war in Iraq. Yes, the war in Iraq, because at first, the dissenters were unpatriotic then you could be against the war and support the troops and now it's cut & runners. With these issues. You have to tread lightly in order to have a civil debate. That's being po

December 19, 2007 at 2:57 p.m.

• You've got to be kidding? Did you read the whole thing in Wikipedia? You LEFT allot out. Would not expect anything else. ; )
    It goes to the origin, truth here.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness
    A tool of social conservatives? This is a tool of progressive today type liberals most of the time, with the use of terms against others when they lose a discussion. So they go to those terms to make their opponent hopefully cower in fear of being labeled.  Fear of being called hater, racist, sexist, homophobe, etc. for no reason than someone was offended. But you have to be approved to be offended. If not approved then your offense is not qualified. Many are learning to stand up to this degradating tactic lately...finally. I have seen this in action from the other regular work side of the rose colored office doors, I know how it works.
    The gentleman was asking because the PC crowd change's verbage and term meanings of what is allowed to use when addressing certain groups. Such as terms some can address each other, even sing songs about, but another could get fired for using. PC is a one way street in most cases, I have seen it in action.
    Political Correctness is the left tool that keeps all from coming together.  One nation of different people merging respectfully. Truth,honor and respect will beget truth,honor and respect. PC administered by the left goes against that.
    A good link to see  http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/a...
    I must visit your world someday, must be hard to stand up in and need a short left leg. ; O

December 19, 2007 at 2:27 p.m.

• Now, that is a perfect example of a double standard but does it fit being politically incorrect. I really don’t know.
    Whenever Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton show up,it seems like I already know what their talking points will be. For example, durning Don Imus fiasco. I never thought that he should have been fired, because MSNBC approved of the show knowing full well,some of the things Mr.Imus was saying was politically incorrect.It took African-American executives and commentators to point that out to MSNBC but we can flip the channel to HBO and watch Chris Rock where everything said would be politically correct.

December 19, 2007 at 1:39 p.m.

• LOL I had to laugh when reading the part about the black man.  I was watching Paul Mooney last night, who by the way is extremely funny, now if I were to describe him as he refers to himself then I would most likely be beaten to a bloody pulp, with Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton themselves picketing in front of my house.  PC is a double standard.

December 19, 2007 at 12:39 p.m.