Comments

• I know what you mean, Mike.  You have a good one , too.  BTW, are you giving to Gonzo's defense fund?  LOL

November 16, 2007 at 2:19 p.m.

• First thanks Vet for the condolences, much appreciated and let me express my sympathy for your losses. Yes, I lost my father about four years so I understand the time frame because mine is similar. I know what you are going through but, yes retirement makes it so much better. Yesterday I went to withdraw my mom’s savings at one bank and thought I would have to call my wife so she could ID me, but finally a bank VP came and things went a lot better. At the other bank told them what I wanted, gave them her account number and out the door I went.
    The “for sale sign” has my home number and about 2 of every three that call want to rent the house. I need to change it cell phone number because I leave that phone in the back bedroom where I can’t hear it at night or Sundays if you get my drift.
    Have a good weekend and try to have a happy Thanksgiving because I know how you are feeling.

November 16, 2007 at 1:44 p.m.

• Mike, Sorry for your loss. I'm going through the same thing as you at the moment.  My mom passed away in Dec. '05 and dad passed away  Aug. '06.  I'm going through all kinds of problems due to the way the will was written.  We finally have their house up for sale and hopefully moves quick so I can get back to normalcy.  Thank God for retirement. I wouldn't have the time if I were still working.

November 16, 2007 at 1:08 p.m.

• Thanks sandwichh
    You nailed it ,as I was going through my old 1958 Shields Elementary yearbook my brain was having to go into refresh mode. Think those people that write those nice and funny things really meant it?…lol

November 16, 2007 at 11:10 a.m.

• Thanks victorianbybirth for the kind words. May you and your family have a great
    holidays when we can put away our difference and thank God we are Americans.

November 16, 2007 at 11 a.m.

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  It is always hardest around the holidays but it never really is easy.  Your family is very lucky to have you as I know it is not an easy task sorting through all the effects of a loved ones life.  I hope this Holiday Season brings you peace, harmony & happy memories of your much loved & missed Mother.

November 16, 2007 at 10:46 a.m.

• I know what you mean Mike. My mom past almost two years ago. Dad back in 91. I still have a storage room with many, many things for whatever reason I have hung on too, most I will never need. I need to just get rid of stuff, have that garage sale and do with whatever is left needs to be done. Memories, what to keep and what to pass who can use it. Tough decision. One thing I have learned, write on the back of pictures. I have many with no earthly idea who people are or where they are from Mom and Dad's stuff.

November 15, 2007 at 8:20 p.m.

• Thanks a lot maryann.
    I just felt compelled to write about my recent experience because, I now realize what a family means. Turning down that holiday overtime, in my working years was worth it.

November 15, 2007 at 5:42 p.m.

• Mike, this is a touching story. Sorry to hear about your mom passing away. Sounds like you were the executor for a good reason, as you take care of detail. My late condolences.
    Mary Ann

November 15, 2007 at 5:02 p.m.