Comments

• If they only knew what General Petraes is saying....No officer of his will say "We are winning" or that the surge worked ,because he gives the Sunni Awaking the reason for the surge having it's sucess...As Obama said BTW...The right only likes like thinking veterans ,because they will vilify John Kerry ,Murtha, or Max Cleland....I saw McCain using the POW card on Leno,and a retired general has jumped him on for that.

August 27, 2008 at 4:08 p.m.

• I noticed we were attacked during the night.  Why do they hate veterans?  Is Bush going to protect me?
    BTW, I understand McCain will give his acceptance speech in front of a backdrop of the Hanoi Hilton and his house(s).

August 27, 2008 at 3:58 p.m.

• Lol...I wish the Dem's had your zingers,they would make great ads.
    You ever notice we get attacked while we are sleeping? I login in the morning type in "Mike" and find myself being insulted during the night while I was away...lol.. Whats  the old saying "if they are attacking me,then it means they are leaving others alone"... If they had some facts once in a while, maybe I could learn something or debate an issue... it starts off with all political parties are bad ;then they write a laundry list of why the Democrats suck... Socialists, Communists, etc. and the Republicans are patriotic, family values, baseball , apple pie, and Chevrolet......lol...  I especially like the one line they all seem to repeat, "I am not prejudice, I would vote for Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Walter Williams or Alan keyes "....(1) that narrows it down to  black conservatives who tickles their ears (2) It is  irrelevant since they are not running
    That might be my civic duty..lol

August 27, 2008 at 3:53 p.m.

• Interesting talking point that has been repeated says that Obama is not "ready to lead".  Is that why McCain couldn't beat Bush in 2000?  Bush was ready??

August 27, 2008 at 3:31 p.m.

• So true, it is hard to reign in Bill Clinton...lol
    I see the GOP talking points are mocking the stage setting for Obama Thursday night 's speech,as some kind of Greek temple... The 2008 Virginia GOP had a similar setting...lol ...Fun and games.
    In order to keep everyone on message, the GOP has played their hand in advance....

August 27, 2008 at 12:43 p.m.

• I could not for the life of me figure out how Hillary was going to reel in her "we're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it anymore" group, but she seems to have done it. She is one amazing woman. Now, tonight, we get Bill whom I adore. I just hope that his speech doesn't last like 2 1/2 hours or something like that. I know what he is supposed to talk about, but I'll bet he talks about what he WANTS to talk about. I can't wait!

August 27, 2008 at 11:57 a.m.