Comments

• $25 for that Guadalupe Rive bridge ...going once...LOL

July 29, 2008 at 3:22 p.m.

• Hey, If Oreally says it's false, then it's false.  I believe him.

July 29, 2008 at 2:34 p.m.

• I did a terrible job of explaining the story... This is not a run-of-the-mill  media bias nor a tit-for-tat.
    When the New York Times found out that Judith Miller did not vet her sources ,and printed the stories Scooter Libby  gave her; she was fired(or retired).... Dick Cheney and Scooter Libby knew she was a willing participant to spread the lies in the lead up to the war.  They also knew Bill O'Reilly , Rush Limbaugh ,and Sean Hannity and others could be used in this fashion. The  Rumsfeld Pentagon admitted they told the defense contractors( who moonlighted as military analyst) only the favorable parts they wanted on the nightly news. Most of the military analyst that were interviewed were embarrassed and angry. Gates has corrected this policy.
    maryann, the press secretary does not send out memos.... No one came forward to accuse CNN of using the Clinton White House talking points.
    I am not talking about domestic issues, different points of view, e-mails, any of the trashcan material. This was a deliberate effort via a phone call to a willing network to deceive the American public on the Iraq war. John McCain(no liberal) said we were losing the Iraq war badly and the administration was lying to the American people.
    Sandwichh... I am not talking about Blogs(they are not vetted)  nor surrogates making the rounds on television networks. I'm not talking about run-of-the-mill fliers or answers from a respected campaign to questions the networks might be investigating. Fox should give a conservative slant on the  news I have no problem with that. Planted lies is a different issue.
    Riverboat: I watch Bill O'Reilly and I guess it's what the meaning of the word plenty means. Just the other night, he criticized Obama for saying we torture, he said, we do not torture. The administration has admitted it has tortured.  I did not mean that they took to daily calls,but when the pictures of Abu Ghraib came out OReilly went ballistic(on cue) then it was found out that the CIA was caught torturing ,OReilly brought on selective guest (on cue)to say ,torture brought us meaningful material.  Should any administration, have a conduit to deliver its talking points? I would be mighty upset if a Democratic administration used a news  network to deceive me.
    Dan Rather did not source his material, and eventually paid the ultimate price. It will be a great day when I can read the New York Times or Washington Times and get the same meaning to the story, even though they might be a slightly different stance.
    There I made my best case, continued to be deceived if you wish, but I want journalistic standards  on the network news.

July 27, 2008 at 10:17 a.m.

• Where were y'all during the Clinton years. Common practice during that time to send out talking points to CNN, proven. Why do  you think they got the name Clinton News Network. That's the way it goes, Democrat does it good, Rep does it bad. All the Barack channels, ABC, NBC MSNBC, CBS are sent talking points guided by the DNC, the Barack campaign, MediaMatters, MoveOn, etc.... and they run with it.

It's all obvious, so what's the problem. The White House sends to all the networks. This is not news. Everybodyelse leans left, that is why Fox News was started. To TRY and get a little balance to the news networks.
    Wake up America, todays politics. Sad, but true. Truth needs to be practiced more. Especially after the coverup that was the Barack middle east trip.

July 27, 2008 at 9:17 a.m.

• Good point, RB. The press secretary sent out memos to the press. Man, nice to know that someone on the public payroll was doing his job.
    The fact that the press actually used those memos, or "talking points" shouldn't be scandalous, but rather blase. The fact that Fox News used these memos, and MSNBC or ABC trashed them is not so suspect to me.
    Whose memos do MSNBC and ABC use? Go figure.

July 26, 2008 at 11:10 p.m.

• We are talking about selling a war...Status of war etc....FCC will not allow a major news network be a pawn of any administration on something as serious as war.
    Just think if the Fox viewers would have been on board GOP senators would have stood with the Democrats ,instead having the 2006 elections to oust Rummy....
    Not to mention journalist standards...Chris Matthews said he would never ever take administration talking points...He has some pride.

July 26, 2008 at 6:38 p.m.

• Not Scott's department,he was not involved in sending of the talking points that was Communications Director Bartlett.
    Scott delivered the president's message to all the press.

July 26, 2008 at 5:30 p.m.

• Costumes Vet?  That sounds  like another "what about the children"..... Remember that after Monicagate?
    Murdock was only about $120 off... that's pretty good for Fox...salazaa....LOL
    Does anyone ever watch the Fox business news? They seem to be such dorks.

July 26, 2008 at 3:25 p.m.

• Rupert Murdock  said we would have $20 barrel oil if  George W. Bush invaded Iraq.
    And people belived him, like they believe his news network and talking heads.

July 26, 2008 at 2:56 p.m.

• Sorry, Steve Doocy is the "he".

July 26, 2008 at 2:53 p.m.

• Mike,
    That's kinda like Liebermann comparing John Hagee to Moses.  Anyone catch a session last year with on Fox and Friends, who says he was “traumatized” by Barbara Eden’s sexy outfits on "I Dream Of Jeannie"  back in the 60’s, and blames her for all the slutty Halloween costumes of today.  His words.

July 26, 2008 at 2:50 p.m.

• ragman
    Rupert Murdock  ran an article in the Wall Street Journal comparing George W. Bush to Batman.....LOL

July 26, 2008 at 2:39 p.m.

• The folks who think that Faux News is the alpha and omega of "news" organizations don't mind, as long as the "message" gets out.  Fairness be damned!  Truth be damned.  It is a shame what is accepted for news these days. Rupert Murdock is a scourge on the world of news. News has become tabloid, just like England and Australia. How did he become a citizen?  CASH. Why?  To control the news.

July 26, 2008 at 2:23 p.m.

• ThisnThat: I could not agree more.... I get so angry when I see the Democrats believe every threat. the Bush Bush administration throws at them..... This week's congressional hearings on the wrongdoings of the Bush administration was a waste of taxpayers money and a snub at the Constitution..... It was just a way to silence Democratic Representative Dennis Kucinich so the Democrats could have smooth sailings to the 08 elections....#1 rule of the hearings..... Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi would not accept impeachment proceedings.....
    Vet, I wonder if  the people at Fox news sleep well at night, and can cash their checks with a smile in her face knowing that they were a pawn of the Bush administration that led to a needless war,where over 4000 American troops died and several thousand wounded and maimed... Never-mind I know the answer to that..... You continue to stay a couple steps ahead of me, because I was shocked.

July 26, 2008 at 1:57 p.m.

• Karl Rove has made it abundantly clear what he thinks about Obama. I find it quite hilarious that these bloated bags of hot air are considered experts on anything but dirty politics. Doesn't give Fox much credibility when their chief experts have glass houses which have been often exposed often. Wasn't it Newt having an extramarital affair while skewering Clinton for his shenanigans?
    When someone, Rove, ignore Congressional subpoenas, how can we believe in their credibility when they flaunt their total disrespect for the democratic way of doing things. Amazing that so many Americans are still so hoodwinked by these jokes.
    Ah, hypocrisy abounds within the both major parties; Republicans just make a more public spectacle of theirs.
    Why is the democratic congress a failure, per Newt and Karl, and the republican faction totally guiltless when they accomplished nothing excepting rubber stamping the White House's whines and whims and dictatorial strategies? The democratic congress is indeed sitting on its hands, but the republican congress sat on each others heads for many years so none could acknowledge the truth.

July 26, 2008 at 1:23 p.m.

• Well, I'm going to be the first to shrug my shoulders and say, "I'm not surprised".
    O'Reilly's first interview with McClennan was telling.  He basically scolded him for his wording of Bush and the Iraq War.  Apparently, all Bush did was make a "mistake"....and all Presidents have made "mistakes" so Iraq is no big deal.
    It's interesting to be "fair and balanced" when your only "strategists" are Newt, Dick Morris and Karl Rove....who happens to be an advisor for McCain.
    "Tell, me Karl Rove....what do you think about Obama?"

July 26, 2008 at 12:59 p.m.