Comments

• For once you understand what I'm talking about? .....Liberals usually go the John Kerry route ,when sometimes a simple yes or no is sufficient.......I agree with your points you made.
    I do agree with both points you made,but I would like to add something you might have missed: Barack Obama brought in a lot of new voters (18-30 yr old) and they are the cell phone crowd that does not stay at home to answer the phone.....(2) :the Obama camp is busy registering poor rural black voters who do not have a phone at all....(3)He already has a 94-1 % margin of the black vote.  (4) Traditionally  those groups do not vote.
    I really like your input and civility on a subject that sometimes brings out the worse in us.....Have a good.one

August 1, 2008 at 9:30 a.m.

• That's true Riverboat, but this poll represents a total different set of circumstances. Those were FINAL RESULTS.  Some pundits are saying Obama should be up by 15pts like the congressional races,but McCain should at least hit 50pts once in this race before the Democratic convention....I don't know if this all makes sense,but you might be right in the end, the winner might win with just 48 points.
    John McCain has been in the Senate forever and is in his second presidential run..... Four years ago Barack Obama was a state senator from Illinois....... There are SEVERAL POLLS out there ,and Obama is leading in every one of them.... Personally I don't believe the national polls taken in July ,because many only use cell phones....The Gallup Poll is a good example: among likely voters McCain leads by four points, among registered voters and daily tracking Obama is leading... I have been polled twice by Gallup this year and they are thorough,but I've still not convinced the national polls are accurate....The state wide polls are more accurate,but they're taken monthly.

July 31, 2008 at 4:54 p.m.

• I saw where some are comparing that ad with Britney and Paris to the Willie Horton ad,and the ad used against  Harold Ford Jr. in the last Tennessee Senate race. It's the same people.
    Hey, a federal judge said Harriet Miers and Bolton had to answer  the subpoena.... perhaps in September Rove will be next.

July 31, 2008 at 4:38 p.m.

• The Swift Boat Liars will tell you--YES.  For sure.  GHW Bush owes his election to one Willie Horton.  So he would agree--it works. It's disgusting to me however. Doesn't matter who it is against. When is Karl Rove going to jail?

July 31, 2008 at 4:27 p.m.

• That's what I'm talk ing about Vet,but Obama is reluctant to go there.... Lets see some of the old Chicago politics,well maybe not,don't want to bring in  Mafia into this, he has  enough baggage with Jeremiah Wright,Ayers, and ludicrous...LOL

July 31, 2008 at 3:39 p.m.

• Don't forget that McSurge used the "C" word to describe his wife and also made the gorilla rape joke.  Anyone else who would've said that would've been dragged thru the mud.

July 31, 2008 at 12:44 p.m.

• Wow,I wish I would have used your comments,I couldn't agree more.
    Last night Hannity was trying to make it big deal ,because ludicrous used  the  "B"word to describe Hillary,but some one reminded him of a woman at John McCain's town hall meeting did the same thing and McCain laughed about it.

July 31, 2008 at 11:51 a.m.

• Nice blogging, Mike.

I wish voting for a candidate was as simple as looking at the issues, but we all know better.  I wish the Democrats would get as down and dirty as Karl Rove in a mud puddle.  They have to, if the Dems are gonna win the election.  You have to go negative to win.

It's just like all advertising, they use it cuz it works.  Everybody says they hate ads and such, but they can't help themselves - negative ads have an effect, whether it is reinforcing the current attitudeor scaring someone into a position.  Like the muslim/Obama connection.  My husband came back from Lousyana and said all the folks around that Texas/La. border swear Obama is a muslim and that muslims are taking over.  Saw it on snopes.com  (hardy har har - jeeez).

Political marketing, like all other marketing has it's place, but sometimes I think it is just pure evil.  It's supposed to provide information so people can make choices, but that is assuming people make rational choices, not emotional ones.

Marketing is a tool of evil, anyway.  It talks people into buying what they don't need and scares them into doing things they wouldn't do otherwise.  Like vote against their self-interest.

It really is all about winning.....by the people, of the people, for the people my achin' behind.....

July 31, 2008 at 11:30 a.m.