Comments

• Connie Chung interviewing Dubya at the 1988 convention:

Bush: “I flew fighters in the Texas Air National Guard for which I’m very proud.” [Snip]

“They should have probably called up the National Guard in those days. Maybe we would have done better in Vietnam.”

March 17, 2008 at 4:53 p.m.

• Are you kidding ,he can't even account for his last nine months in the Air national Guard.
    Several soldiers were very angry he actually said that......They basically said"Tell that to  my family ,who has been waiting for my return."

March 17, 2008 at 4:23 p.m.

• Well, my friends:

In a videoconference, Bush heard from U.S. military and civilian personnel [in Afghanistan] about the challenges ranging from fighting local government and police corruption to persuading farmers to abandon a lucrative poppy drug trade for other crops. […]
    “I must say, I’m a little envious,” Bush said. “If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed.”
    “It must be exciting for you … in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You’re really making history, and thanks,” Bush said.
    I wonder if he would say this too: “I love the smell of IEDs in the morning.”

March 17, 2008 at 4:19 p.m.

• That site is on my favorites list.
    I will not be fooled again.

March 17, 2008 at 4:18 p.m.

• I don't know if you guys have seen this site. It's rather sobering:

March 17, 2008 at 4:05 p.m.

• Well I am not ant-war just anti-Iraq war.
    I stood up and applauded the invasion of Afghanistan.....It was rhe right thing to do ,just not completed.

March 17, 2008 at 2:56 p.m.

• I am not a pacifist.  Unlike Bush/Cheney, I have made a fist--there are things worth fighting for.  Iraq ain't one of them.  This Administration lied us into this war and now we can't just get up and leave without dire consequences.  Even though I have draft age kids, I think a draft would wake a few people up. Lots of people are for this war and they have no skin in the game.  Just their big pie wholes waging about "cut and run" and other silly slogans.  There is NO sacrifice, except the few volunteers--along with their families-- give their all.  And of course, exorbitant gas prices.

March 17, 2008 at 2:33 p.m.

• Good question Vet.... but first you have to define victory.  The goal post have splintered, from being moved so much.
    Yes one half of 1% is not very very representive of "we."

I've got to stop watching Bill Moyer's Journal on PBS because it reminds me of all the lies,excuses, manpower and money being wasted on the worst foreign policy ever in the history of the United States.
    The winners are Iran ,Blackwater, Halliburton,KBR, and the corrupt government of Iraq.

March 17, 2008 at 1:27 p.m.

• Someone pleeeease tell me, when do we know we have "won" this occupation? Ever stir up a fire ant nest? They just keep coming. Who do we surrender to?
     I say we start the draft, flood Iraq with a million troops and get it done. This way, we can use the word "we" more extensively.

March 17, 2008 at 12:12 p.m.