Comments

• Attack attack attack... liberal are just not happy unless they think they can slime someone. Niether ragman nor Mike addressed with intellectual honesty anything I wrote, they only continued to display the mental affliction of liberalism.  An attempt to distract attention away from Mike's stereotypical racism attack on someone he doesn't even know.

November 8, 2008 at 7:53 p.m.

• Yea,Ragman I left it when he said "I am not a racist" I am married to a______?...lol
    They just can't say "we were wrong"...I am a eltlist?....lol..That word comes out every 4 years.

November 7, 2008 at 6:18 p.m.

• Actually liberals were afraid she would be Convicted.
    Liberals fear conviction?  Sorry, but your comment about conviction is just generalized crap.  I have been married to the same women for over 33 years and Mike has been married even longer.  John McCain married his mistress after dumping his dumpy wife. And you guys Hero Reagan--first divorced President in history.
    So keep those generalizations coming cliche' boy and keep quoting that drug addled gas bag Rush.

November 7, 2008 at 5:13 p.m.

• I agree with Alton that the liberals fear Palin. Because she has conviction and connects with people. Liberals fear conviction.  I also wonder why Mike spent a blog two days after the glorious triumph of the chosen one to attack Sarah Palin. He did say the election is over. I think it's because liberals are just not happy if the don't have someone to slime.
    Mike, I've read your stuff for a long time and you always put party above country. If you were as smart as your liberal elitist attitude conveys you would know that the reason Limbaugh started the deal for Hillary is because the dems were crossing over to vote for McCain. I didn't say it was the dems fault McCain lost. I said the crossing over was the reason he was the nominee.  I don't think there is one single reason that can be named as to why McCain lost. Primarily it was because of the near perfect campaign that Obama ran. Coupled with many other reasons including of course the poor execution of the McCain campaign, not to mention the blinding light shining from the messiah himself. Don't pull out the race card so quick. You don't know my race and it might interest you to know I am married to a woman 33 years that is a different race than my own. I didn't mention race, you did which further indicates your affliction of liberalism.  In addition, it was Hillary's camp that first released e-mails questioning Obama's religion, which is another point you don't seem to grasp, Muslim is not a race; it is a religion

November 6, 2008 at 9:02 p.m.

• WALL STREET REACTS -486 and -443 to Obama's election.
    Thanks for fulfilling your own prophecy related to Democrats arrogance in Obama's election. Enjoy your celebration.

November 6, 2008 at 7:40 p.m.

• My question to you Mike is why do you fear Governor Palin? She is no longer a threat to your beloved Presidential Elect Obama.   And her failure to know all the countries that have signed the NAFTA sure is less concerning than knowing there is not 57 states in the union.   Actually I never met a General that I could trust.  They hold their rank at the will of the president and will tell troops all kinds of BS to keep moral high.   Maybe you should talk to servicemen and women that served during President Clinton's term.  During President Clinton's term the military budget had been cut so much, aircraft, ships, tanks, radars and even healthcare equipment were often shells of the original inventory, because so many parts had been removed to get a few operational.  Air rifles were even used at time to train troops, because ammo was to expense.  Nuclear weapons stockpiles were not in top service.  Military promotions of career serviceman were rare and limited.  Many career servicemen in the enlisted ranks had to take a Silvain job, get clothing for their family at Salvation Army, and many families were on food stamps in order to survive until their enlistments ended.  We had major problems retaining highly experienced skilled military personnel, especially in the enlisted ranks.  Why do think reserves had to actives to fight in the Middle East Wars?

November 6, 2008 at 7:13 p.m.

• Hey Pat
    I was answering Sandwichh while you were posting and we came to the same conclusion ...lol
    Sandwichh always makes me laugh using at least 10-20 labels in his posts.
    dohBama
    LOL..Now it's the Dem's fault McCain won the nomination...lol..Make up your mind first it was commander Rush that had Republicans switching to vote for Hillary..make up your minds....The Dem's branded Obama a Muslim(lol)......Talk about a lame excuse...It seems like all those pent up racial tensions are coming out of dohBama (who just signed on yesterday).mmmmm
    Smartee..I have to clinch my teeth trying to stay civil...lol
    I hope they don't change, making it a cakewalk for the Dems every four years.

November 6, 2008 at 5:55 p.m.

• Hey Pat!
    I'm thinking it is because they are not very smart people.  They voted for Bush twice.  They think SaraH Palin is smart.
    I would have called them idiots, but that would have been like a personal attack, so I didn't.

November 6, 2008 at 5:48 p.m.

• That’s wrong Sandwich..All the conservatives were rejected in the primaries by the GOP McCain was the choice. Another Republican would have been defeated by over 30 points look at the house & senate seats loses.

The McCain staff lambasted Palin more than anyone….I don’t see the Clarence Thomas connection…Palin was not qualified and not too smart…Clear & simple...And that's not listing the 12 conservative columnists and Reagan's chief of staff,Colin Powell, etc....Again look at the map in the USA Today.....Read ,read,read.

You Mr. Sandwichh (although I am older)are stuck in the eighties…No one cares about ideology ,it’s about a solution for all the problems we are having….Conservative,liberal,Democrat,Republican,gay or straight does not matter….. We need the best & the brightest…By 56% the people have spoken.

BTW I have always said Matthews & Keith have a bias...You are the one that believes  Fox is "Fair & Balanced." ..Watch the vid Vet provided.

November 6, 2008 at 5:47 p.m.

• Why is it so hard for the republicans to admit when they have made a mistake?  Sarah Palin turned out to be a huge mistake, but they, the locals, not the national level republicans, just refuse to see how wrong that choice was.
    Talk about drinking the kool aid--there must be something in the air vents.
    They are recapping her goofs and spending sprees right now on the news with McCain staffers being the source of the info.

November 6, 2008 at 5:44 p.m.

• I can answer pat's question. Because  a bunch of democrats crossed over and made sure McCain was the repub nominee, remember this is when Hillary thought she was entitled to the dem nomination and couldn't be beat  by a black man that her machine had branded as a muslim. What a tangled web we weave...

November 6, 2008 at 5:42 p.m.

• Well, shoot! I said I was done with politics for 4 years; but I have a question, Mike. If the conservative Republican Party wanted a "conservative" and John McCain lost this election because he is not a "conservative", then why did they nominate him for President. Surely some of the others that ran during the primaries fit the definition of "conservative" if John McCain did not. I guess I am just confused as to why the Democrats won and the Republicans didn't. Do you have the answer or should I just believe it is because John McCain is not a "conservative"?

November 6, 2008 at 5:26 p.m.

• Must have been a Kool Aid distributorship bought here. Must remember, McCain lost because he WAS NOT a conservative. He got a boost when Palin came in. Of course just like Clarence Thomas, she was lambasted because she was not the required minority/female with liberal/progressive beliefs required for the Barack channels and their full time commentators on the Barack campaign.
    I mean really, Chris Mathews saying it is his duty to make sure the Obama makes it good. No bias at MSNBC....right.
    Mike, why aren't you moving to DC? You could be at the right hand of the messiah for 4 years making a lot of money replacing Axlerod. You could be the new Karl Rove in another dimension.
    I have full confidence it will be a big "I told you so" fest to come. I am already collecting on a 8 month old $100 bet that I knew the Nobama would win. Phil Grahm wasn't the only one that knew the USA has a bunch of whiners. The McCain staff is full of them.

November 6, 2008 at 5:06 p.m.

• A flat tax or even the Fair Tax would be unfair to the working poor.
    I like the progressive tax system we have. ,,,It takes into  account  the different situations of our working middle class...IRA's ,401Ks.HSA,education credits,child tax credit,home buyers credit,capital gains, etc.
    I think those married with children should get tax credits and exemptions phased out when income gets to be at a higher level.
    I think education credits are an investment in our future....Those advocating a flat tax really want the government to do away with the EITC or tax programs to help the working poor...IMO.
    We will have to disagree again but what else is new?
    I never said Obama would not handle the problems as they came up but quite the contrary . I said those problems have not come up...Today Obama is getting a highly classified briefing. Who knows how this might sway him?

November 6, 2008 at 3:29 p.m.

• "Have you heard we have a financial crisis."
    Yep, sure have.  It's cost me a ton of money...I might not get to retire till I'm 83.  The problem is, all those things I listed aren't going to go away just because we have a financial crisis.  All those and more --  have you heard of the war? -- will still be with us.  Presidents don't get to only handle one problem at a time.  He doesn't get to cherry pick the problem with which he'll concern himself.
    I'll sleep better when everyone, EVERYONE, pays the same tax rate with no deductions, exceptions or exemptions.  The rate can be much lower than the lowest rate now in place and everyone will pay their fair share of running the government.  It would make no difference whether you made ten thousand dollars or ten million dollars, you'd pay the same percentage to Uncle Sam and you wouldn't have any loopholes in which to hide your taxable income.

November 6, 2008 at 3:03 p.m.

• Sarah Palin ranks third behind Romney & Huckabee @ 18% of those the GOP want to be the leader of their party…Over 58% thought Palin was not qualified to be VP...Those McCain people did not have to tell us anything,we all saw the Charlie Gibson & Katie Courlic interviews...Now she would make a great right-wing hate radio host or a Joe the Plumber gimmick on the campaign of a serious candidate.
    If you pick up a USA Today ,you will see county to county voter preference, The United States is a sea of blue…Not like the red of 1980 Ronald Reagan but today we have  a different standard,
    Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma had affirmative action on the ballot and California defeated Prop 8, so that is not representative.
    Being in denial will not lift the Republican Party out of the rut it is in.

November 6, 2008 at 2:53 p.m.

• Conservatives were not defeated in this election. Conservatism won everywhere it was on the ballot, i.e. homosexual marriage & affirmative action. McCain is not a conservative. Schmidt & Wallace are trying to salvage a career as political advisors in a most smarmy manner I might add. They were speaking as "un-named sources" until they were out-ed. McCain would have done well to get 30% without Palin. They blew this campaign big time and they know it. They had a diamond in Sarah Palin and they did everything they could to turn it into coal.
    What is humorous is seeing Obama supporters calling anyone "dumb as a stump".

You wanted change, your going to get change. I hope you were careful with your wish.

November 6, 2008 at 2:33 p.m.

• Waywardwind
    Campaign season is over..Caput and so is campaign promises, talking points and rhetoric..
    Obama is in the middle of developing a transition team. Look at the names; research their backgrounds and you will get a glimpse into how Obama will govern.
    Guns, Fairness Doctrine, Supreme Court judges, abortion, death penalty, and military spending are on the back burner for now…Have you heard we have a financial crisis.
    1) Chuck Schumer wants to bring back the Fairness Doctrine not Obama..I have already posted a cut & paste as proof…FCC is not free market. Rush Limbaugh should not be able to entice people to disrupt our political system or his lies go unchecked..I don’t really think liberals want talk radio..That is so 1960.
    2) EITC was enacted by the Reagan Administration & approved by several administrations after that, so that word abomination is so out of context.
    3) Liberals & Democrats have not cut funding and where were you when John McCain said he wanted to cut defense spending….No bid contracts, privation and wasteful military spending should be cut.
    4) You really need to go to Obama’s web site because he NEVER SAID HE WANTED universal health care..What you are doing is repeating GOP talking points..Knee jerk or not.
    5) I will not lose any sleep when those making more than $250,000 go back to the tax rates of the Clinton Administration.
    You may not call yourself a social conservation but you hold the same outdated views.
    When you insist a president- elect (Barack Hussein Obama to you) will be bad for the country and you misrepresent his stance and views and replace it with slanted right wing hypothetical’s..Then Waywardwind you have an agenda.
    You are a Ron Paulite ,I understand that outdated philosophy that depends on gutting the government to the size of a Radio Shack outlet..We are not going to do that.

November 6, 2008 at 1:40 p.m.

• LOL Vet ...You continue to crack me up...Thanks

November 6, 2008 at 1:37 p.m.

• Do you mean this one, Mike?:
    Jump start the Cowboys? That would be like jump starting the economy with a 9 volt battery.  The Spurs are going to be OK this year. Yes they can!
    BTW, I heard that McCain won in the Crossroads. When will he have his inauguration as Prez of the Crossroads?

November 6, 2008 at 1:34 p.m.

• BigJ: The Alaska constitution won't allow it..She has to resign.
    That's quite a list but your bottom half  two are no better than the top half...Steele & Beck (race baiter)are ideologues  and Ron Paul is an honorable man whose message is about 28 years too late...Bob Barr is great on civil liberties beyond that I don't know IMO.
    Thanks Vet,long time..I thought you were on a field trip to jump start the Spurs & Cowboys...lol
    I wanted to to copy last night's Jon Stewart interview with Mike Wallace..It was a riot but I have not learned how to do that yet.

November 6, 2008 at 1:11 p.m.

• Mike...I'm NOT a social conservative.  I'll admit to being a fiscal conservative, however.  Barack Obama's politics scare the bejabbers out of  me.  I don't expect his full agenda to be revealed until he gets a couple of nominations to the Supreme Court so his policies will be bullet proof.  For example, the present Court has ruled that citizens absolutely have the right to own firearms and may use them for protection in their homes.  Therefore, I think he'll wait till one or two of the majority die or retire and then you'll see bills introduced in Congress that would prohibit personal ownership of handguns.  I think he's too smart to go after rifles and shotguns.  Last November, Obama's campaign told the Chicago Tribune, "Obama believes the D.C. handgun law is constitutional."  This was the same law that, earlier this year, the Court held as unconstitutional and restored the right of citizens to own handguns for protection or any other lawful purpose.
    His campaign has been promising the return of the fairness doctrine which is little more than an assault on the First Amendment.  He's not willing to allow the free market to determine which radio programs succeed and which fail.
    His tax proposals to give money to people who don't pay any taxes themselves is an abomination.  It's gonna be a change alright.
    The democrats have already said they want to cut the military budget by 25 percent.  Regardless of how you feel about the present war in Iraq, even liberals must admit that the military is important and that retention of trained, experienced people bu the military is vital.
    He says he will cut taxes on 95 percent of taxpayers.  He also says he wants universal health care provided by the government.  Where does he plan to get the money to pay for that?  From the top five percent?  He would do well to remember we fought a revolution in which one of the main reasons was taxation by the crown without representation of the people being taxed.  Those who fought would not believe what happens when you have taxation WITH representation.
    I believe he and his democrat congress, in conjunction with a court packed with lawyers who think as he does, will succeed in granting voting privileges to people who are not only not citizens, but are in the country illegally.  This will help ensure that he will be successful in his re-election bid four years from now.  I do not believe that he is a patriot, that he loves the country, and that he will put the best interests of the country foremost.  I believe that he is only interested in getting re-elected and rewarding those who helped him.
    Like I stated at the start of this post, I'm not a social conservative.  Indeed, neither my left nor my right knee jerks.  But I believe that Obama will be very bad for the country.  The part of me that believes in capital punishment and the part of me that believes that a woman has the right to an abortion if she wants one both agree that Obama is dangerous.

November 6, 2008 at 12:39 p.m.

• Is this what you're referring to, Mike?:

November 6, 2008 at 12:16 p.m.

• The facts came from Steven Schmidt of the John McCain camp and Nicole Wallace of the same staff.
    This is the very reason she was not allowed on the stump by herself until the point where they could not control her.
    I saw her interviews and have heard her speak many,many times...Yes,I believe the stories...She is as dumb as a tree stump.
    The people of Alaska voted in a convicted felon...Goes with the territory.

November 6, 2008 at 12:11 p.m.

• I hope you dont believe those "facts" about sara palin or did you just see a SNL skit and  think oh my god who is this person.

November 6, 2008 at 11:50 a.m.