Comments

• Pat: Then you concede the point, and all personal attacks against Obama have more weight. Obama can not win a down and dirty campaign.
    And I am not an Obama supporter and will vote against him in November. And you are voting against Bush, not for Obama if you do not rise above this bullshit.
    Aren't you better than that?

October 9, 2008 at 8:28 p.m.

• Pat & Vet
    At first I thought McCain misspoke(old man talk) but after reading that article it now makes sence.......If true it is beneath the dignity of a candidate for the president of the United States.

October 9, 2008 at 9:22 a.m.

• Yeah, that was a cool video, Pat. I was waiting for the second part:, "Tear down this wall!"

October 9, 2008 at 8:56 a.m.

• bighorn: Guess you missed the point. southtexas said that associations of Barack Obama make him a terrorist and I said that if that is so, then the same goes for Palin. I still stand by my statement that she is dangerous, though.

October 9, 2008 at 7:18 a.m.

• Pat: Palin is no more a terrorist than Obama is a terrorist. All this personal fear mongoring is damaging the side that insists on using it.

October 9, 2008 at 6 a.m.

• This is one that I truly think Vietnam Vet will get a huge kick out of.

October 8, 2008 at 6:24 p.m.

• Very true Triangle
    The McCain sees the polls so they are going to use this "terrorist card"...It's all set up,... first you send a bogus chain email saying Barack Obama birth certificate is a fraud,then send out a wiling Sarah Palin out  to peddle the trash like the this article describes.
    Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott took the stage moments ago as one of the introductory speakers at a rally here for Sarah Palin. After delivering brief remarks in support of Palin, Sheriff Scott flipped the switch and used Barack Obama’s middle name in order to incite the crowd of thousands of people who have already gathered here.

“On Nov. 4, let’s leave Barack Hussein Obama wondering what happened,” the law enforcement officer said.

UPDATE: Palin campaign spokesperson Tracey Schmitt issued the following statement on Sherriff Scott’s remarks: “We do not condone this inappropriate rhetoric which distracts from the real questions of judgment, character, and experience that voters will base their decisions on this November.
    The information they peddled is out there apology or not....Right wing talk radio will do the rest.
    They won't be happy until someone gets seriously injured or killed.....It's all about wining.

October 8, 2008 at 2:57 p.m.

• This has been a long campaign and everyone is tired.  As it comes to an end it concerns me that people who don't like Obama are resorting to calling him a "terrorist".  Barack Obama and John McCain are running for President of the United States, they deserve respect.  In fact, anybody who would want the job after what Bush has done with it deserves our admiration.  Let's back up a little and remember that they are both Americans and both want what they believe to be best for their country.
    On the other hand,  if you insist on referring to Obama as a terrorist, let's not forget that when you search our history, our founding father's were terrorists.  Not by today's standards, but certainly by the standards of their day.  Their terrorist acts against the British Crown gave us the country we are free in today.  So, without raising any alarms here, perhaps we could use a little of whatever it was that drove the founding fathers to create one nation under God, free to pursue life, liberty and happiness.  And for the sake of our country, let's hope the best man wins.

October 8, 2008 at 2:30 p.m.

• Hello Ernie
    Yesterday I heard a conservative advocate a temporary nationalizing of the banks in order to bottom out the bad economic situation.
    Ever hear of such a thing?.....Like I said the other day ,the last two weeks hard to tell the players apart by their ideology.

October 8, 2008 at 1:47 p.m.

• While I watched the entire debate I didn't really hear much of what was said after 9:00 when my son called. Up to that point I thought McCain was well ahead on the issues. Up to that point though, practically all of the subject matter had been on the economy and let me be clear, while I detest both candidates' fiscal plans, I hate McCain's less. McCain's plan is more of this bailout BS (that's certainly worked wonders hasn't it?) but Obama's is pure socialism and I simply can't abide the thought of putting even more power and control in the hands of the inept government we have currently sitting or the inept choices we have to choose from in the coming one.
    Ernie

October 8, 2008 at 1:40 p.m.

• No apologies necessary, feel free to use this public blog to spread your message.
    IMO Pat,an intelligent person would never post a chain email or  things from a questionable bias websites to try and prove that a birth certificate is not authtinic....I provided the fact-check evidence yesterday...One questionable posting (ok,maybe) two,three you are either a dumb gullible poster or a serial poster of misstatements or a devious liar.
    This is not the first time.

October 8, 2008 at 1:36 p.m.

• Okay, southtexas. I give up! What connections? Are you talking about connections like Joe Vogler? I mean the Joe Vogler who said, "The fires of h e l l are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government and I won't be buried under their d a m n flag. I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her d a m n e d institutions." Did you mean that kind of connection? Did you mean the kind of connection like Palin recorded a speech last March for the Alaskan Independence Party? Are you talking about connections like the pastor Thomas Muthee?   I had you pegged for a very, very intelligent man. Please don't tell me I'm wrong!
    Mike, I apologize! I am taking your blog and spreading my liberal junk all over it. I'll do a blog this afternoon and pull southtexas, hopefully, away from here. Thanks for the compliment!

October 8, 2008 at 1:26 p.m.

• Pat you are still a rational and very nice lady...lol
    I think I alluded to it Pat,he said it was not a conservative thing to do.
    I agree Vet,I thought Tom Brokejaw should have let Obama go after McCain on taxes.
    I just don't get it MSM is covering a lot of Sarah Palin campaign stumps...Although MSNBC is reporting that the Sheriff is going to apologize for using Barack middle name to incite the crowd..McCain doesn't approve of that(supposedly)
    Rush Limbaugh is getting his troops riled up using his race baiting techniques.

October 8, 2008 at 1:19 p.m.

• Pat, I swear you started out a rational and very nice lady....though misguided.  You have been listening to Mikey and BigJ too much.  If there is a terrorist in this campaign it is Obama.  His connections scream "terrorist".

October 8, 2008 at 12:47 p.m.

• I didn't like the time constraints on the answers. They need to extend these things to 2 1/2 hours to hear more. I got tired of listening to Tom Brokejaw interrupting.
    On another note, why didn't McPOW shake Obama's hand after the debate? Cooties? And why doesn't McCain wear a flag lapel pin? Is he a terra-wrist?

October 8, 2008 at 12:23 p.m.

• I enjoyed 2 things about the debate. The first was when Barack and Michelle stayed a long time afterwards talking to the undecided voters while the old folks tottered away to go to bed (well, that's what I think anyway!). The second was the commentary on CNN after the debate when Alex Castellanos (I think), the Republican strategist, mocked John McCain's
    "You know that home values of retirees continues to decline and people are no longer able to afford their mortgage payments. As president of the United States, Alan, I would order the secretary of the treasury to immediately buy up the bad home loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes -- at the diminished value of those homes and let people be able to make those -- be able to make those payments and stay in their homes."
    I wish I could remember what exactly was said, but I found it hilariously funny.
    I think my main worry at this point in the election process is Sarah Palin's apparent talent for instigating something akin to terrorism in Republican voters. Her rally in Florida was all I needed to hear to know that this woman is very, very dangerous. I guess I'm a little surprised that homeland security is not all over this. In a way, I fear a similar situation as happened with Bobby Kennedy.

October 8, 2008 at 12:14 p.m.

• CNN and CBS would have Obama winning if all he would have done was moon the camera.  Get realistic Mikey.

October 8, 2008 at 12:03 p.m.