Comments

• Just  4 more days left and sarah palin is running her mouth once again about OBAMA , and his association with yet another professor. This professor OBAMA knew, and mccain also knew, but it was he who donated money to this professor not OBAMA .Somebody please tell palin to sit down and SHUT UP ALREADY! Say it with me OBAMA supporters, PURE DESPERATION without checking the facts first. Doesn't that just make her look even more dumber! FOR HER OWN PARTY OF COURSE....

October 30, 2008 at 3:02 p.m.

• John is quite verb thrower.....I don't know why he thinks I care who he is voting for...He's abig boy and owes no an apology.
    I really don't know where he gets his data from..I am not so sure you can call it data..More of wish.

October 29, 2008 at 4:32 p.m.

• Tio Tomas parading as an intellectual is quite funny! He makes me laugh, and  throw up in my mouth at the same time; with his generalizations.

October 29, 2008 at 4:08 p.m.

• John
    Long time...Glad to hear from from you...
    It seems like you think I randomly picked Obama without watching his demeanor ,views, and actions...I do not owe an explanation or apology for my vote...Barack Obama like any other will do what he think is right and he will  account for his  own errors.
    Funny,you should bring up the Hispanic vote...That's exactly what is hurting him in Nevada,New Mexico and Colorado..They remember the hate rhetoric of the GOP and McCain taking back his support for the initial immigration policy because of pressure from his party...In fact McCain's own state of Arizona is in the lean postion..McCain is only leading by 5 pts. because of his change in stance.

October 28, 2008 at 4:28 p.m.

• John that was an excellent post I could not agree more.  However I think we need to control our borders.  I think allowing anyone to enter invites anarchy.  The people already here, the hispanics have fought and died for this country - enough said.

October 28, 2008 at 4:21 p.m.

• Thanks Mike,
     One thing about the explanation still bothers me tho, the supreme court  certainly could and has ruled on "more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society."
    However, the first part of that sentence, "never entered into the issues of redistribution of wealth", seems strange for a Constitutional law professor to make. That seems to be more of a Legislative issue than a Judicial one, until such a issue passed by the Legislative branch is challenged in the courts.
    IMO

October 28, 2008 at 11:41 a.m.

• It is getting nasty Ragman & Goliadchica and like I said before I am not overconfident because I have seen the GOP machine dirty tricks that are punished after the election before.
    Legion357
    I know you are a McCain supporter but I never figured you to be a kool-aid drinker,so I will try to explain the 2001 b"Bombshell"
    As you probably know Obama was a Constitutional law professor. ( nuance).
    He emphasized community service (lobbyist if you will) to be involved through legislation rather than the courts. he said coalitions of power through which you bring about redistributive change...If the community action loses then they are just like a lobbyist losing.
     A cut & paste from another article to explain
    In that interview, Obama was discussing efforts, in the 1960s and 1970s, to redistribute resources through the federal courts. Obama said that the Warren Court was not so terribly radical, because it "never entered into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society."  He complained, not that the Court refused to enter into those issues, but that "the civil-rights movement became so court-focussed,"

In answering a caller's question, he said that the court "is just not very good at" redistribution. Obama added, with approval, that the Constitution "is generally a charter of negative liberties."

October 28, 2008 at 9:22 a.m.

• Mr. Krueger
    While I don't condone such action,I thank God that we live in a civilized nation that does not participate in such barbaric action as cutting off one's hand for vandalism..

October 28, 2008 at 9:07 a.m.

• Sandwichh
    View the clip and use something besides the GOP talking points,I swear I take you for Tucker Bounds.
    Welfare ,Social Security,Medicare etc. were all submitted under the General Welfare clause of the constitution..You can't just pick & choose which is right & which is wrong...Congress (we the people) passed the bill a president signed it.
    You have got to be smarter than to think the last two years of gridlock had anything to do with our downfall...The worse foreign policy (Iraq)was started in 2003 with borrowed funds....Did you miss Greenspan's mea culpa to congress the other day? Greenspan,FEC Chair Chris Cox and former Bush Treasury Sec. told congress that sub prime mess is not the main culprit.....60 Minutes said the Credit Default Swap is really the cause of the collapse.....You really should read more than filtered material that lays all the blame on one party or person....That's not very smart.
    Are you the chief conservative who decides if McCain is one of the chosen people?

October 28, 2008 at 9:05 a.m.

• What I want to know is, who is spray painting "Obama" on the city sidewalks in front of people's homes and defacing other property in Victoria?  Some other countries would cut their fingers or hands off.

October 28, 2008 at 6:08 a.m.

• It was Barack's words. HE said it. Share the wealth. Taking by force earned money from one to give to another. There is nothing Christian about it. It is socialist/marxist. From each to each.
    I PAY INTO MEDICARE AND SS. I will get back from that "insurance" I PAID INTO. It was never meant as a disability program, etc. Unemployment is an insurance paid by the employer.
    Welfare is not what is paid into. School lunch is not paid into. These types of things are a direct drain.
    The congress has been run by the Democrats for the last two years and it has done nothing but go down hill. Less than half the approval of a low rated president. The subprime rate rest at the feet of Barney Frank and company.
    Bottom line. The NObama may when, but it will be the conservatives that will have the last laugh of we told you so.
    And again, McCain is not a conservative.

October 28, 2008 at 5:44 a.m.

• Sounding more and more like the excuses for an Obama loss.......

October 27, 2008 at 9:13 p.m.

• It has really gotten nasty on the part of the extreme right wing. Anything Karl Rove could come up with pales in comparison!
    After November 4th; bottom rail will be on top!

October 27, 2008 at 7:25 p.m.

• I can't wait for the election to be over - I never knew there were so many zealot idiots living near me.
    Can't wait to toast President Obama next Tuesday and laugh my @$$ off at the right wingers.
    Too bad they won't shut up even then.....

October 27, 2008 at 7:06 p.m.

• "that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused I think there was a tendancy to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that."
     Ummm, so we change the constitution, the very basis of the United States, because it does not say what the states and federal government "must do on your behalf"?
     And what does redistributive change mean anyway?
     Change the constitution ?
     Ok ,change it to say what the government "must do on your behalf", then while we are at it, lets change the rest of it. Why not right?
     Let us see if 2/3 of the states will ratify the changes, IMO I dont think so

October 27, 2008 at 7 p.m.