Comments

• Hello Bighorn
    First I am not above politics and I am not surprise that you would think I would applaud Obama for this political stunt......
    I have been around politics long enough to know these men are politicians....(Second) John McCain has canceled before...(Third) Obama admits he is not needed in Washington at this time....I have criticized Obama about three times in these threads,we are not joined at the hip(I have a track record)...You are entitled to your opinion....Anyone can spin any situation  by attacking the messenger,obviously you don't think I am very honest.
    1)I have been on Obama's band wagon for his speech on public financing..He disappointed me by opting out...I said so in a post.
    2) I was against giving immunity to the telecomms...He voted for it....I said so in a post
    3)He did not fight McCain's ads strong enough....I said so in a post
    4) I said in this very blog Obama did not offer any solutions
    Where have any conservatives gone against their own in this forum?...A halfhearted knock against Bush when he at 30 % does not count for much.....
    BTW Country first is John McCain's slogan....that's all it is..Like any politician he will say and do anything to get elected.

September 26, 2008 at 9:30 a.m.

• I can't believe people are buying into this ploy. I am sure it will backfire.

September 26, 2008 at 1:05 a.m.

• I'm afraid I'll take SouthTexas view on this one. Mike, You would have applauded Obama for "putting the good of the country above politics" if this had been his move.

September 25, 2008 at 10:43 p.m.

• Tucker has been embarrassed many times,but the veterans know better ...They do all their lying on Fox...The blocs are moving fast on this attempted debate bailout....Seems like McCain has ducked out before...A little sample.
    With new polls showing his campaign dead in the water among California Republicans, Arizona Sen. John McCain has pulled out of a long-scheduled debate with Texas Gov. George Bush, set for Thursday in Los Angeles.
    And I forgot of that stunt he was going to use during Hurricane Gustav,like he was needed there....lol

September 25, 2008 at 3:40 p.m.

• Vet: I wish I were allowed to watch these links at work. I always have to wait 'til I get home, darn it! Just one more little comment and then I'll go bother somewhere else, Mike. Don't you feel extremely sorry for Tucker Bounds? 99.9% of the time that child doesn't have a clue what he is saying nor what he is talking about. Oh, for the days of Mary Madalin!

September 25, 2008 at 2:49 p.m.

• Great clip,Vet..........I can't stop laughing and at the same time wondering why the Obama camp hasn't used this in one their main ads....It would be worth paying the copyright fees.

September 25, 2008 at 2:44 p.m.

• Is this why Johnny boy is there for?:

September 25, 2008 at 2:33 p.m.

• I didn't notice Pat,..Thanks for pointing that out....I get suspicious when a local poster ,(not known for political savvy) posts a number like 146 days...I naturally assume it's the right wing talking points of the day...I bet they don't even know how many days congress meets....lol

September 25, 2008 at 2:29 p.m.

• This is kinda off-topic, but this must be going around in one of the Republican e-mails:
    "Obama has actually only served 146  days in the Senate since shortly after he was elected . . ."
    If I've seen this quoted once today, I seen it quoted 50 times! I just wonder if some of these posters on here know that we read comments from other posters on other newpapers' websites? I just wish 1 Republican poster would come up with 1 "original" idea! This is sooooo old!

September 25, 2008 at 1:48 p.m.

• Very true Vet,didn't Lincoln run for president during the Civil War,and Bush ran while we were in two wars....Any lawmaker wanting McCain's input on the the economy....lol.....Those that keep up with politics know that any thing any candidate does between now and Nov. 4,2008 will be seen as political gamemanship....I even said Barack Obama did not offer up any solutions ,but he did not go into panic mode....Firing the SEC chairman and continuing to change ones position goes with the temperament of John McCain.
    The facts remain,John McCain is not well liked by the house conservatives that are against this bill,The Senate has come to agreement and the house Democrats are aligned so Barack Obama is not needed.
    I just saw Tucker Bounds(McCain spokesman) stopped mercifully by Andrea Mitchell ,because Tucker was in full spin mode saying McCain  wants to save this bill.before debating.....She told him the senate had basically agreed before McCain got there and both agreed McCain was not well liked by the house GOP, where 14 have publically said they will not vote for him......Then she dropped the bomb...She told him that  Mississippi Republican Governor Haley Barbour called her and assured her John McCain would be at the debate.

September 25, 2008 at 1:25 p.m.

• Why suspend the campaign?  This is the goofiest thing I've ever heard of.  Let the vice-presidential candidates continue campaigning.  I've got an idea, let's give the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan a time-out from fighting because of our financial crisis.
    For some reason, I was humming the "Mighty Mouse" theme song last night after listening to all this stuff.
    The American taxpayer does not want to be reminded that they’re still a trillion in debt because of failed policies halfway across the world, when they’re about to be hit up for another trillion because of failed policies right here on our own soil!

September 25, 2008 at 12:23 p.m.

• Mikey.....you crack me up.

If Obama had made this announcement you would be all over it thinking it was wonderful.

Explain to my why a national financial crisis does not take precedence over a campaign debate?  Both Obama and McCain are Senators....that is their job and they are receiving a salary for it.  I have a problem with candidates totally ignoring the job they are elected to in order to campaign for another position.  Would your boss consent to pay your salary while you were out lookng for another job?  I think not!

Obama has actually only served 146  days in the Senate since shortly after he was elected he started campaigning....for sure the people of Illinois are not getting what they elected and are paying for.  The same applies to McCain...however he has at least been in his seat in the Senate for more than 146 days.....and has given those who elected him some bang for their buck in the years past.

What is eating your lunch is McCain is looking more and more presidential and your man is looking more and more like a whiney little wimp.

September 25, 2008 at noon

• The Commission on Presidential Debates (referee) have ruled that the debate scheduled Friday night at the University of Mississippi , is still on....Barack Obama will be there.... The university has laid out a lot of money for this event..Some say 100 million people will tune in....McCain needs to learn how to multi-task.

September 25, 2008 at 11:59 a.m.

• I'm just hoping that the Democrats don't buckle about the debate schedule. I am so looking forward to getting to the real issues and hearing all involved answer to the American people.

September 25, 2008 at 11:46 a.m.