Comments

• I hate to say it, but I've given up on the Astros. Preparing for the Cowboys.

August 20, 2009 at 3:51 p.m.

• Then we get Pudge back...:-)

August 20, 2009 at 3:37 p.m.

• How about swapping teams with the Rangers, sight unseen?

August 20, 2009 at 3:33 p.m.

• Not all, José Cruz is knowledable, loyal, and qualified but I would rather see the Astros get a former pitcher or catcher as their manager…Today’s pitchers are hard to manage..Some relievers wants the ball every day; some pitchers do not have the closer mentality, young pitchers need to adjust to major league hitters, and a manager needs to when to pull his starting pitcher and when to trust him…I know Tony La Russa was a middle infielder but he always had Dave Duncan as a pitching coach…Just my opinion.

I think Randy Johnson was the one- half year player that the Astros needed to get over the hump that year, much like C.C. Sabathia was for Milwaukee last year....Johnson's heart was in Arizona.

August 20, 2009 at 9:58 a.m.

• Riverboat, I realize that but money does talk. I remember back in 2004(?) run I believe they did not even trade for anyone or send some down to make room. huh! what?

like scout said ---- try #25 Jose Cruuuuuuuz!

August 20, 2009 at 8:04 a.m.

• PITCHERS!!!

August 19, 2009 at 5:51 p.m.

• i say try cheo as manager the last 40 games...loyal and well liked...

start lookin at aaa/aa players!!...get dirty for petes sake...reminds me...bring back pete rose!

August 19, 2009 at 5:08 p.m.

• That Brad Lidge deal was almost as good as the Larry Anderson for Jeff Bagwel deal...Astros came out big time ,on that one.

August 19, 2009 at 4:45 p.m.

• Bergman needs to go!!!! They had a team but let them all go just within a few years. Ryan, RJohnson, Taveras, LGonzales, Kent, and now Pudge! Best move was trading Lidge.

Until McClane stops using them as a write off for business they will not get no-where.

August 19, 2009 at 4:39 p.m.

• Good points Pilot, but salary is the reason I would dump Carlos Lee…Trading Lee,Kazuo, and Valverde would free up about $32 million….Acting GM(that’s what Wade called him) Roy Oswald said he would defer some of salary to help the Astros get a first line pitcher like his buddy Jake Peavy… Geoff Blum could alternate with Tejada at third…I think Castro is still raw but Wade doesn’t.

Larry Dierker is a good candidate for manager.

August 19, 2009 at 4:21 p.m.