Comments

I believe the shoe is on the other foot with this one Mike. Here's one of yours...Do you claim her?

September 2, 2009 at 9:35 a.m.

• JD
    In order for your side to be correct, I would have to believe the newspaper of Hawaii, the state of Hawaii, Obama’s family, and our Secret Service and State Department had to be in on the conspiracy.

I have seen the birth announcement in the Hawaii newspaper, the Declaration of Birth with document number (blacked out) so I believe ;along with most of the population (according to polls)of the United States believe that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii…The case is closed…The burden of proof now lies with the deniers.

I cannot prove that the “birthers “don’t want to accept a black president but you cannot prove your theories either.

Thank you for keeping it civil.

September 1, 2009 at 11:34 a.m.

• Mike: It is not that the "birthers" don't want to accept a "black" president. It is that that they want the Constitution of the US followed. If Obama was born outside the US he cannot be president and anything he accomplishes and any laws he passes will have to be voided and nullified at some point in the future, at incredible expense I'm sure. If he is a legal US citizen, then for goodness sake he should just quit playing games and submit his lawful certified birth certificate instead of an easily forged proof of birth document. I can think of only two reasons why he won't do what has been asked of him. One...he feels it is beneath him to bowdown to the people of the US who do not support him or; Two...because he isn't a legal US citizen and knows that he should not be in office. Either way his actions on this matter or certainly not "presidential".

September 1, 2009 at 11:15 a.m.

• NO it's not my reading and comprehension, it's these rediculous open ended comments that you post. You enjoy this crap so you can get a good he ha out of it.. Read my sentence again. I used the word "equated"..

September 1, 2009 at 10:49 a.m.

• Itisi
    You really must do something about your reading comprehension because I never mentioned the Republican Party….Fringe groups hold marginal or extreme views and are not usually associated with the two national parties.

Yes, I mocked the Texas Nationalist Movement because Saturday that leader stood on the steps of the capital in Austin ;pointed to the United States flag that was flying above the Texas flag and said “ I hate the United States and that flag(pointing to the US flag) will come down.” Then one of their gubernatorial candidates named Debra Medina said “Blood will be shed, we know that because “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots.” I am paraphrasing….At Timothy McVeigh’s trial the T-shirt that Mr. McVeigh was wearing had a picture of Abraham Lincoln on it, with writing below it. On the back it has a picture of a tree with red blood droplets on it."

Although the T-shirt lettering was not read in court, CNN has previously reported the shirt was printed with the Thomas Jefferson quote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I never mentioned capitalism or any other economic system in this blog.

A poster mentioned Debra Medina; as an alternative to Rick Perry and Kay Bailey Hutchinson..Thought people would like background.

September 1, 2009 at 10:23 a.m.

• Tenthters group is that anything like, Peda, Greenpeace, Code pink, Sierra club or Van Jones the Green czar and communist, Mark Lloyd Marxist, FCC czar, Cass Sunshine socialist and czar. Now that is just a few to balance out you’re first paragraph. That is just how ridiculous you sound. The first paragraph you equated to Republicans in a sense to all that was mentioned, how unfair as you set back in you’re arm chair mock society. While on the other hand you rip the benefits of capitalism. Who are you? What are you? Why are you on this planet?

August 31, 2009 at 5:50 p.m.