Comments

• SmarteePantz
    I wish I had your wit...but you are right the locals are throwing out the kitchen sink from abortion,racial subjects, and not understanding the meaning of sacrifice....lol
    Legion that silly frat prank was 8 years ago.......When Obama was looking for a place to stay in Washington,he was refused the Blair House when it was vacant....When the Washington Post called them out ,they immediately called the EX-prime minister John Howard to come and stay at Blair House.

January 22, 2009 at 12:52 p.m.

• Hello John
    Tom Daschle and Ted Kennedy will handle health care but that is still several months away.
    We need to get the Treasury Secretary approved to he can start dictating policy.
    As for the president, he has already called the Arab leaders and letting them know things will be handles differently and all the military leaders for a new plan for Iraq.
    I would like the president to call in all (about 300) of the major bank presidents and lay down the law…Start lending as the bailout stipulated.

January 22, 2009 at 12:35 p.m.

• D*** Chaney should have been edited out as VP too. Good riddance they are both gone.  They got their money and left.

I hope all those fools who voted for those idiots are the ones who have lost their jobs and houses.

January 22, 2009 at 5:43 a.m.

• That's funny, Mike. I got the same reaction from my wife when I called home.
    Truthfully, I've never watched any celebrations on any incoming president. Seems like a terrible waste of time and money regardless of the politics.

January 22, 2009 at 1:16 a.m.

• Gracious and loving, yes they where.
     Again , I wish nothing but the best for President Obama.

I was reminded this morning how gracious the Clinton administration was.

One of the ABC news white house press reporters did mention , and I am paraphrasing  " All the "O" 's are on the computer keyboards, when Bush took office , we had to order new keyboards, all the "W"'s where missing."

And that is a fact, look it up if you want.

Talk about petty, how much more juvenile can you get.

January 21, 2009 at 8:18 p.m.

• Hi Mike and Pat!
    It's great to be among friends here!
    I thought the swearing in was very nice.  Too bad Roberts goofed it up, but the President handled it nicely.  It was pretty awesome when Beyonce sang "At Last' at the neighborhood ball.  Etta James would have been proud, and how very fitting for this day of historic magnitude.
    I really hate it that some of the locals are being so negative.  They were the ones who said we had to respect the office of the President, even if we didn't care for the person (Bush), yet this is exactly what they are not doing.  I would like to see them follow their own advice, and respect our new President.
    Tell me, Pat---were you wearing the tiara while you watched the inaugural ball?

January 21, 2009 at 8:09 p.m.

• When I called home yesterday my wife was crying as Obama was being sworn in...A lot of people don't really know the significance of that hurdle he crossed yesterday.
    For me after being the minority party until 2006,I always felt left out of the process...That's why I am glad Obama will include input from Republicans to stop all the food fights....Nothing was said about the dinner he hosted for John McCain and Colin Powell ..A class act.
    Never before has a president-elect ever honored his opponent...I cannot imagine Bush sitting down with  a group of liberal columnists.
    Here in Victoria the silliness has just begun...It's poor Bush was booed,Barack is not the first black president, and on and on..Trivia matters....
    Have a good one.

January 21, 2009 at 5:29 p.m.

• LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Cheney's first name got edited! That is hilarious, Victoria Advocate!

January 21, 2009 at 5:19 p.m.

• Okay, I have to admit. Beyonce singing "At Last" totally choked me up! What a beautiful and loving couple and what a gorgeous dress Michelle was wearing. There, that was enough of the inaugural balls for me. I, too, found them boring. I am pretty sure this is the first time I've ever really sat down to watch one. Although, I must admit I did catch the Vice President and Mrs. Biden in their dance and another beautiful and loving couple and another gorgeous dress.
    It is just so nice to see the "humanity" and "down to earthiness" of the couples. I honestly can't remember ever seeing George Bush or Dick Cheney share a loving gesture with a spouse. I think loving, caring and concern have finally come to Washington after 8 very lean years.

January 21, 2009 at 5:17 p.m.