Comments

• Apparently, Mr. Obama cares; he is the one that started this thinking he could tell people to whom they should listen. It’s OK, y’all keep it up.

January 30, 2009 at 10:14 p.m.

• Mr. Morris has been wrong since he wrote "Hillary v Condi" predicting Hillary would win the primary,etec..etc. etc.
    Now that Hillary & Bill are out of the picture Morris really doesn't have any insight because I don't think he will ever be in the Obama loop...Its is all hearsay.
    Morris & Bernie Goldberg will say anything Billo wants to hear and the viewers eat it up ...:)..Morris has zero credibility ..Notice he is only on Fox with the rest like Colter,Malkin,O'Reilly and Gibson...They appeal to a small part of our society.
    I) Only right-wingers listen to AM radio so I am not even sure that many people know or care about hate radio and the Fairness Doctrine...It is just noise governed by the FCC.

January 30, 2009 at 8:44 p.m.

• Settle down dohbama and take off your tin foil hat.
    Dem talking points memo? I explained in the first paragraph Rush Limbaugh wrote an op-ed for the WSJ injected himself into the stimulus debate(2)CNN had a segment on Rush yesterday(3) Mike Pence was on NBC Today ,CNN,MSNBC, and ABC trying to separate himself from Rush's statement without condemning him(4) I have mentioned Rush in the last month,once for the Magic Negro segment(5) I lumped him in with the rest of the hate radio hosts(6) I am on many posts disagreeing with ragman & BigJ about the Fairness Doctrine. Why? The dems have swept the last two elections and I don't believe in censorship so they are of no consequences...IMO
    I never called the food stamps ,unemployment benefits,and fiscal aid to the sates entitlements...I explained why the Dems want to cushion the blow for the states...
    Being deceptive...The whole 400+ pages is on the web ,the representatives debate the issue on TV(CSPAN) and they immediately and frequently give TV and radio interviews...If you were deceived you were not interested or listening to a one sided argument leaving no room to be receptive to a different approach.
    In another blog I admitted I did not know if this pkg. would work because we are in uncharted waters and I am a leery of anyone that knows precisely the outcome...Any one can speculate.

January 30, 2009 at 8:38 p.m.

• I had to "bite my tongue", so to speak, to prevent posting on Gabe's "Been scammed lately" blog, Only by my own government.
    The following posted for fun, mostly... although the Q&A; section is an over simplified explaination of Keynesian economics.
    This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

"Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
       "A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

"Q. Where will the government get this money?
       "A. From taxpayers.

"Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
       "A. Only a smidgen.

"Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
       "A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

"Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
       "A.  Shut up."

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China .

If you spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If you purchase a computer it will go to India .

If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).

If you buy a car it will go to Japan .

If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan .

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America . You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on beer (domestic ONLY), or  tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

On a serious note, Mike is correct, almost 30% of this "stimulus" plan is for entitlement spending which is the reason to continue calling it anything other than that is an out-right lie. If the dems want to spend us into oblivion they have the muscle to do so, but they should at least have the decency to do so via a regular appropriations bill. Being so deceptive about it and pushing this through during the honeymoon period will come back to bite them hard. I mean if it's so urgent, why does it take three years for most of it to kick in? Another thing, look back and see how many blogs Mike has written lately that do not mention Rush Limbaugh. Then ask why. I'm glad you ask and I'll be happy to tell you. It's in the democrat talking points memos. Now Mike, I'm not sure if you receive those memos directly or not, but you sure do get the message somehow. Don't fall for it folks, it's a distraction- wag the dog tactic and a setup for the unfairness doctrine. But you knew that didn't you.

January 30, 2009 at 8:07 p.m.

• That's great news for Fox News.  Hannity will get to the bottom of this and have tax expert, Dick Morris rehash how corrupt the Obama administration is with his tax cheat "associations"....as he did with Timothy Geithner.
    I assume they will not mention that Dick Morris was the subject of an IRS tax lien for $1.5 million in 2003, and was named on Connecticut’s list of top 100 tax delinquents in 2007, to the tune of $452,367.

January 30, 2009 at 6:53 p.m.

• WASHINGTON — Michael Steele, the former lieutenant governor of Maryland, was elected the chairman of the Republican National Committee on Friday
    That tells me the GOP wants to be more inclusive and rid itself of Bush appointee Mike Duncan..Killing two birds with one stone.
    They are also attempting to put the Bush years behind them.

January 30, 2009 at 6:35 p.m.

• Thanks Legion but it's a lot more serious than you posted.
    During the vetting process to become HHS secretary, Daschle corrected the tax violation, voluntarily paying $101,943 in back taxes plus interest, working with his accountant to amend his tax returns for 2005 through 2007.
    (Mr. Daschle reimbursed the IRS $31,462 in taxes and interest for tax year 2005; $35,546 for 2006; and $34,935, a Daschle spokesperson said, adding that Daschle had asked his accountant to look into the tax implications of the car and driver five months before Mr. Obama won the presidency.)
    The chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., has called his colleagues for a private meeting at 5 p.m. ET Monday to discuss these complications surrounding Daschle's nomination
    I am still wondering why the IRS did not issue the same CP2000s it sends ordinary taxpayers like a 90 & 30 day letters to respond.
    Dascle is not as important as Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner but I see what you mean...Too many exceptions leave a lot a room for distrust.

January 30, 2009 at 6:22 p.m.

• Kind of off topic, but ABC news just reported on Tom Dashciel (sp?), another Obama cabinet  appointee who forgot what he has to pay taxes on.

It seems he was also employed by one of his friends while also being a member of congress. And he forgot to declare that the use of one of his friends limo's and driver was not considered income.

As soon as he was tabbed as a cabinet appointee he payed the tax due plus interest. A statement form one of his aides claimed that he was just naive, and did not understand that perks like that where considered income.

Hmmmm, that makes two new cabinet appointee's who really don't understand what they have to pay taxes on...... or maybe they do and just did not care until it came to light.

Ohh Well that's change........ seems the same to me.

January 30, 2009 at 5:56 p.m.

• Wow Mike, you made my day!  : )

January 30, 2009 at 5:56 p.m.

• Hey VBB
    You made me a liar :)  I said we would never agree but In that last post; there is nothing I can disagree with.
    President Bush admitted he sent capitalism a step backward with the bailout bill.

January 30, 2009 at 5:40 p.m.

• I love Gov. Jindal, I would like to see him advance in the party.  After the comments he made, I don't know how he would fair.  Maybe thats why he's laying low.  I think after 8 years of Bush destroying the Republican party, many want to lay low & let the dust settle, so they aren't seen as a Bush clone.  That is my hope at least.

January 30, 2009 at 5:10 p.m.

• The way I see it BigJ, Rush is still the big dog, Sean a close second but the rest are just wannabes.
    They play to the social conservative base because it’s what sells…Whatever floats their boat.
    Rush actually influences the lawmakers…Remember the comprehensive immigration reform bill, Mary Schiavo, and the rest of the social issues?..Rush can gin up the base…Lately he has not made a difference ,so he injects himself into the stimulus bill by writing an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal…He also has influence on your blue dog democrats. Why? They are in conservative districts.

January 30, 2009 at 5:03 p.m.

• Hello Roger
    I don't think any president is ever scared of a talk show host but people are entitled to their own opinion.
    When I drive around town I will tune in to Rush and it's mostly exaggerations but Hannity has a different tone altogether ; it's like he hates Obama and has a person vendetta against him.

January 30, 2009 at 3:48 p.m.

• I don't think Obama is scared of Rush....that might be going overboard.  It is just regrettable that Rush and Hannity are not truthful most of the time, but have a cult of followers who can't tell the difference between an opinion or fact.

January 30, 2009 at 3:40 p.m.

• Mike said:

“Nothing new but Rush has never been in office nor does he know anything about making policy and compromising so he has nothing to lose. He is an entertainer.”

And he is not running for office, so why is obama so scared of him? Could it be that he has a more intelligent response to this fiasco than your beloved obama? Remember up until last week obama knew nothing about how the system works either, so the on the job training might not be working out so well. Now he can’t just vote present, he actually has to put his name on the final draft, but no matter how much it tears up the United States, there will still be the pom pom waving cheerleaders like Crissy Mathews soiling his panties every time the king speaks!

January 30, 2009 at 1:42 p.m.

• That was not my quote Rollinstone it came from a leading republican and right now I am having a senior moment so I can't remember his name.
    The Clinton era is over..This years democrats are aligned solidly behind Barack Obama..Those are the arguments of 2008 and earlier.
    You totally misread my blog(my fault) because I never meant it to be anti-GOP just wondering who will step up to be it's leader and understanding that their conservative principals would not allow them to ever vote for a stimulus bill...I never said yea or nay.

January 30, 2009 at 1:37 p.m.

• The republican party is "anti-growth" hmmm?  I guess Mike,  you mean anti-government growth.  Because almost everything the democrats propose is anti-growth of the private sector.   I guess you are going to point to the growth of the Clinton years which had the benefit of reduced military spending and a Republican controlled Congress.   All this was undone by the tax hikes at the end of the Clinton reign that caused a slowing of the economy.
    It's an established fact that the more the government spends there is less for the private sector to use.  There is one pie and if the government takes a bigger slice guess what?  The government does not create wealth it consumes it.  They should try to consume as little as possible.  But as you know they don't, they build dependency.  This "porkulus package" as Rush calls it does exactly the opposite.   I know what you are going to say "what about all the money spent on the Iraq war."  Yeah let's set things right and spend more, I hear ya!

January 30, 2009 at 1:30 p.m.

• BigJ
    I think the GOP needs to back to it's Goldwater roots without all the social issues...A leading republican said yesterday that they cant win by being the anti party...Anti-enviroment,anti-immigrant, and anti-growth...Newt Gingrich's 1994 party was known as a party of ideas and reform..Reform would be a great platform to run on,heavens knows we need it.

January 30, 2009 at 1:12 p.m.

• You are absolutely right Bighorn but some have said it was  calculated strategy on the president's part but they did not divulge the details..I am still waiting to see how that will work.
    The main stream media is saying that the democrats want Limbaugh to be the voice because he will be an easy target but I agree with you; going after him will just increases his ratings....That's what he wanted when he injected himself into the stimulus debate.

January 30, 2009 at 1:07 p.m.

• Sad that self professed entertainer draws such fire from the left. Don't forget that the President himself has made Limbaugh the poster boy for the right. Such is wonderful promotional material for any entertainer. Paris Hilton should be so lucky.
    I'm a former Rush listener, but quit years ago. Maybe I should tune back in....

January 30, 2009 at 11:56 a.m.