Comments

• I was wrong by using the word “gang” it should have read like this;

The left wing progressive movement, AKA: The New Democratic Party. Filled with hate mongers, Bush haters, Sarah Palin bashers, let’s get them Republicans take no survivors. A fine group of folks. The Democratic Party, we have all the answers, we own the house and the senate, and we will take the last dime you have.

Norman Thomas was right America will be a socialist nation without knowing how it happen.

July 11, 2009 at 11:18 a.m.

• Lol..Uruly8i
    I have been called a leader of a posse and a gang of 5...I must’ve had a lot of senior moments because; I cannot recall a single meeting.:-)

I do not put too much stock in a poster who recommended a leading psychologist (his words) Dr. Sam Vaknin, as a good read…After a Snoops.com debunking, stating that Dr.Vaknin is not a mental health professional, the poster came back and said “Sorry, I didn’t research that info, it was sent to me”…I see that a lot, “blame it on a e-mail”, I have no responsibility to post the truth…lol’

Forgiven, not so fast, yesterday this poster said” This inexplicable infatuation with this President is totally un-believable.”…

..On June 16, 2009 Dr. Vaknin stated on the FreeRepublic blog”
    “The fact that Obama is a total incognito with zero accomplishment makes this inexplicable infatuation alarming.”

BigJ ,you should read how the doctor Victore quotes ;compares Obama to Stalin,Saddam,Mao,Kim Jong Ill,and of course Adolph Hitler.

Have a good week end.

July 11, 2009 at 10:35 a.m.

• RU--

It was just a matter of time! I saw you on that downhill slide, and thought to myself, the next thing you know, RU's gonna end up in a gang.

And I was right.

July 11, 2009 at 9:35 a.m.

• Omg Mike, you have a gang! I can't wait to see what insult Victore comes up with next.

July 11, 2009 at 5:11 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 11, 2009 at 2:14 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 11, 2009 at 1:14 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 11, 2009 at 12:02 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 10, 2009 at 4:10 p.m.

• Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 raises the federal minimum wage from $5.15 per hour to $7.25
    The act was a component of the new Democratic majority's, so July 24th, 2009 this will go into effect along with the continuation of people getting laid off, the new health care plan, turning US green, and people are worried about Sarah Palin?
    Remember T. Boone Pickins solar wind farm, now he is not going to this, can't find a way to transport the electric, where is the planing from anybody, Democratic or Republican, just spend and don't worry about the future, and that includes our own small city, fancy sidewalks, free internet, people are still getting laid off and when July 24th comes how many more? So spending is not being planned wisely, and it seems no one looks at the future of what might be, just banking on tax more if needed.

July 10, 2009 at 4:08 p.m.

• BJ,

I have no comment for you. I do not undestand half of what you talk about in yout blogs. Although your picture does get my attention..

July 10, 2009 at 3:44 p.m.

• Good grief, someone please bump the turntable. I think the needle is stuck!

July 10, 2009 at 3:20 p.m.

• Lol… I knew I should have skipped that doctor’s appointment and put up that missile defense shield on my blog.

You’re quite welcome SmarteePantz.

July 10, 2009 at 3:04 p.m.

• Victore.............you have more sense than just about everyone on this blog put together. Someone said Obama articulate and well spoken? I thought everyone knew he learned that from his mentor, Rev. Wright who won him power among blacks but become a thorn in his side when he needed a "mix of color" to become President. It almost reminds me of how I listened to Rev. Sharpton on Michael Jackson and how he paved the way for us now to have a black President! Really??? Pick my ears...Really? MJ wanted to be white so bad that every aspect of his life reflected it! Down to his children. Pleeeeeease...But then again Sharpton is ignorant.

Sarah Palin...I admire her but not for President (for awhile anyway). And the makeup? Hmmm, the name Pelosi comes to mind...oops, I just threw up in my mouth a little...

July 10, 2009 at 2:05 p.m.

• Thanks, Mike, for answering Victore when I was out of pocket. Additionally, I'd like to add that using a teleprompter looks way more grown up and professional that reading two giant-print sentences, and then turning the page.

Can we get over the teleprompter issue already?

July 10, 2009 at 1:27 p.m.

• Mike,

You took cheap shots yesterday at people you do not even know. Based on the evidence that you have presented thus far from you’re blogs and very few opinions, most of which comes from left wing blogs, web sites, of course the Democratic Party. You believe in big government, you feel the government owes you something. You’re President is you’re voice. You’re President believes in socialism, he has not confirmed or denied socialism. You may not believe in God, family and country or the constitution, but you will hide behind the constitution just like rest of the Democratic Party. I find you very narrow mined non-objective with very few of you’re on words being spoken.

Seeing beyond you’re nose. Capitalism; To begin with, free market to invest in, the home or dwelling you live in, the cars of your choice to drive, the food you eat, the electricity to power you’re toys, the choice of healthcare, the freedom to make all the money you can earn. The opportunities are endless all one has to do is get off their lazy butt’s and take advantage. The rich owe nothing to you they took advantage of those opportunities. Education is unlimited in this country. The term,” you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink” make your on choices. Bud that is freedom!! I will defend Sarah Palin, she does believe in God family and country. The only thing government owes the American people is to protect our freedom, take care of our veterans, the elderly and the disable. If you can walk talk and breath, find an opportunity then take advantage.

So Mike, you can take you’re left wing ideology place it in file 13 where it belongs and stop shoveling you’re BS on everyone else with in this forum. You do not have all the answer nor does the Democratic Party. I do not have all the answers, although I do enjoy a good articulate conversation. If you want to follow the pied piper and his vision go right ahead you have those choices. Don’t call rescue for help.

July 10, 2009 at 11:57 a.m.

• "That's why congress is addressing reform...After they get all 46-47 enrolled Insurance companies will have more customers allowing them to lower their premiums..If they do not the "public option" will come into play...It's not a vice-versa."

Welcome to the "Twilight Zone."

July 9, 2009 at 6:17 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 6:12 p.m.

• Victore

Every since congress took up the cause the hospital group found a way to contribute $155 billion over ten years..Yesterday,Atty. gen..Cuomo said his yearlong investigation found that the giant UnitedHealth Group's billing practices allowed the insurer to underpay by up to 28 percent on claims for medical expenses in New York - meaning that patients had to fork over way more than their fair share. Cuomo said he'll seek restitution estimated at hundreds of millions of dollars.

July 9, 2009 at 5:48 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 5:35 p.m.

• Any suggestions,send them to Michael Steele because he said that Palin was old school, and he wanted fresh meat.:-)

July 9, 2009 at 5:32 p.m.

• Thanks,I forgot about Perino.

Who said conservatives did not have good comedians.

We named several;they could start a road show and name it the Glenn Beck Comedy hour.

Enough fun for today.

July 9, 2009 at 5:29 p.m.

• Sarah Palin in 2012????

Oh Gawd, NOOOO. Sometime between now and the start of the next presidential campaigns, somebodys got to be found who can beat BO. It sure as hell won't be Palin.

July 9, 2009 at 5:28 p.m.

• Where is ol' Dick and his wonderful daughter?

July 9, 2009 at 5:20 p.m.

• Vet
    All I know is that Leon Panetta told a committee that the CIA did lie to Congress in the years 2001-2005 but he said it was not about the enhance interrogation methods, it was about covert operations…. Makes me wonder if it has to do with the Seymour Hersh’s new book describing some rogue commando operations Dick Cheney authorized…. After revealing that the CIA did lie to Congress, Leon Panetta said that “let me be clear: it is not our policy or practice to mislead Congress.”..OK

Chairman Conyers got sworn testimony from Karl Rove on politicizing the justice department yesterday, but I have not seen anything on the news… Perhaps Victore’s buddy knows the details;-)

Moles?

July 9, 2009 at 5:09 p.m.

• Of course we have the newly formed DOL---Department of Law.

July 9, 2009 at 5:07 p.m.

July 9, 2009 at 5 p.m.

• There are a bunch of Bush moles in D.C.

July 9, 2009 at 4:56 p.m.

• Not so fast, you said “A friend of mine at DOJ” sent that to you….. If that DOJ stands for Department of Justice, isn’t that insubordination? Does not say much for our justice department. Is he a holdover of from the Bush Administration? You would think someone working for the DOJ would know how to vet the material… I am an amateur and it only took me a couple minutes.

I think you were trying to pull a fast one like $60,000 BMW or the insurance premiums going up $1500 if a bill intended to lower cost, passes… Just my opinion…. Good night.;-)

July 9, 2009 at 4:53 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 4:42 p.m.

• Thanks Vet
    I hear David Letterman is gonna start doing a lot of Sarah Palin monologues … Don’t mess with Letterman, he gets revenge..:-)

Why did Jon Stewart have to go on vacation?..lol

July 9, 2009 at 4:33 p.m.

• Victore

According to snoops.com ;Dr. Vaknin is careful to include a disclaimer on his website that he is not a mental health professional and his CV list a doctorate in philosophy from the unaccredited Pacific Western University. He also says “only a qualified mental health diagnostician can determine whether someone suffers from a Narcissestic Personality Disorder, then only after a lengthy test and personal interview.

This is sort of like Senator Bill Frist diagnosing Terri Shiavo off a videotape.

That’s why I remain on the forum to correct all the lies, distortions, and half –truths.

July 9, 2009 at 4:25 p.m.

• Enjoy:

July 9, 2009 at 4:21 p.m.

• "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a — you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities."

I guess you take delight in the stammering, because the statement is correct. Seems you have a lot of time on your hands.

July 9, 2009 at 4:15 p.m.

• I miss all the flubs of Bush and Rummy., Vet

My favorite Bushism

Asked about Indian tribal sovereignty issues, President Bush so fully flubbed his response that journalists in the room began laughing at him.

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a — you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." —President Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

I see Freddo finally got a job at Texas Tech.

July 9, 2009 at 4:06 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 3:58 p.m.

• Victore
    Everyone and I mean everyone wants a balanced budget.

Did you forget that we lost $13 trillion in capital…? There’s no way you can balance a budget, we were in a bubble… A balanced budget is not feasible at this time…. Barack Obama inherited this financial mess, but as he said in his press conference yesterday, he is now the sole proprietor.

Both parties and nearly all the economist agreed we needed a stimulus package; the size and scope were debatable…. Only 10% of the $787 billion has been spent, that is a problem that has not been answered… Last I heard the state governments were not using the funds appropriately, they were using it pay their debt which did not stimulate the economy…. Each dollar giving to the states for food stamps bring in $1.74 in stimulus, Unemployment money kept the teachers, firefighters and law enforcement employed…. Do you understand stimulus economics’?

Victore, a Health Care Reform bill is being proposed, not a Healthcare System… It still has to go back to the house for their revisions that up and down vote, and back to the senate for debate. My healthcare premiums have been going up every year for seven years, since I retired with status quo.

Personal saving has gone up from 0% prior to the crises to about 7.2% today… That means people are hoarding their money and not spending, now imagine if the government was to rein in all its spending and recall the stimulus money…. If the people are not buying and the government is not spending, the capital remains stagnant… What does that do for unemployment?

I’m not saying everything the administration or the Federal Reserve has done up to now has been perfect but where would we have been if they would have let everything fail? Do you have a truth certain?

This is not about President Obama, although he plays a major role, it’s about the American people, Wall Street, the Federal Reserve, housing, oil prices, the FDIC, and imports and exports. We have to have customers to sell to in this global economy.

July 9, 2009 at 3:53 p.m.

• After reading (some) of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and The American Clean Energy and Security Act I would have to conclude that Sarah Palin is not smart enough to administer and enforce these pieces of legislation. And just think what the health care legislation will be like - naw she is just too dumb.

July 9, 2009 at 3:33 p.m.

• Or maybe:

July 9, 2009 at 3:31 p.m.

• One reason Shrub should've used a teleprompter:

July 9, 2009 at 3:25 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 3:13 p.m.

• Not SmarteePantz, but I can answer that question.

The right wing seems to think that using a teleprompter it a sign of being dumb.

President Obama uses it to maximize his presentation, unlike the previous president who flipped pages, look down at this notes, and still babbled.

The president does write the majority of his speeches and has input on all of his major speeches, like the one he gave on race.

Newscasters, pundits, and just about all the dignitaries use a teleprompter…Bill O'Reilly and Hannity use a telepromter.... It’s a tool.

July 9, 2009 at 2:56 p.m.

• Victore
    The last three known balance budgets came out of the Clinton presidency with a GOP Congress. The deficit and the debt have been there awhile.

I’m not that paranoid because I think we will get out of this recession somewhere in the last quarter and the beginning of next year with unemployment improving next year by this time. I knew all along that it would take more than six months to get out of this recession and to begin recovering. I have so much confidence, that I got back into mutual funds several months ago. That’s literally putting my money where my mouth is.

I don’t worry too much about 10 year projections because I know that just 0.1% growth, repayment of TARP with interest, the next innovation, removing the troops from Iraq, are not factored in the gloom and doom scenarios…. As I like to say, a calculator has a plus and a minus sign…That “what about our grandkids “is a talking point.”..Don’t seem to be too worried when it comes to the environment.

I have been doing the same thing I have been doing for about 45 of my adult years, not worrying about government controlling any aspect of my life(there’s a Commie behind each bush) now when it comes to my health; it seems like my HMO is complete charge of any decision my doctor makes. My Social Security check gets to my bank on time each month and the latter part of next year I will see what Medicare’s all about because my present insurance will be my secondary. If I have to pay a little more in order for everyone to be insured, so be it, because those using the emergency rooms without paying will increase the premiums for all. It is the unstated tax for status quo.

I’m just an average citizen and not a government- hater nor do I fear our government, but you seem to think I’m naïve...I am OK with that because I know I am not.

I have read the legislation that has been passed, and they are not that much different from those in previous years….. We’d do have rising healthcare costs, a need for alternative energy, and our educational system needs to be revamped, that will cost money, so if we just go into the fetal position and close our checkbooks our problems will still be there .What is your solution?.

Allow me to repeat; when it came to invading Iraq, no one asked about what it would do to the deficit, when it came to giving a tax cut its two the top 2%, no one asked what he would do to the deficit, when it came to the political prescription drug bill Medicare part D, no one asked what it would do to the deficit….. There is where you’d lose a lot of credibility with me….. The old republicans were deficit hawks and fiscal conservatives… That is the GOP that compromised with a moderate president to balance the budget three consecutive years.

We will never agree on anything, so why don’t we just let it go at that...

July 9, 2009 at 2:44 p.m.

• Hey smartee,

If your boy Obamuhhh is so "articulate and well spoken," why does he need a teleprompter at every speech?

July 9, 2009 at 2:37 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 1:35 p.m.

• Sure there is Victore
    The Voting Eligible Population was 212,720,027 and there were 131,256,905 valid ballots counted (finally tally), then 61.7% of eligible voters voted in the 2008 Election

…of that 300 million some were too young or not eligible for some reason.

. I meant that your statement was wrong when you said “64 million and there is 300 million plus in this country, not good odds.

July 9, 2009 at 1:10 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 12:47 p.m.

• Victore
    Victoria posted “Today polls show approval ratings went from 62-49%.”… Can you be a little more specific? The right leaning Rasmussen Reports has the president at 51% and Gallup has the president at 56% approval…. I know about that poll in Ohio of 49%... Is that the one you are talking about? Ohio is a swing state with high unemployment, so those people being unhappy has gotten the attention of the White House.

This is the area where house minority speaker John Boehner said his state has not received any stimulus money, but n fact, as the Cleveland Plain-Dealer pointed out, 52 projects had already been approved at an estimated value of $84 million in the district he represents….

July 9, 2009 at 11:08 a.m.

• !! Sarah Palin 2012 !!

July 9, 2009 at 10:52 a.m.

• Victore
    Think about it, not all 300,000,000 were eligible to vote … Now go back and see how many eligible voters we had, then redo your calculation.

I think John McCain submitted way over 1,000 bills but that is the reason senators do not get elected to be president.. Some exceptions are JFK and Lyndon Johnson. Senators cast thousands of votes and many times they contradict their positions. Again, the Obama supporters were well aware of his light resume but it was a lot better than the alternative.

Barack Obama polling numbers are indeed falling, and the Republicans are delighted…. Kudos to your side.

Victore, are you accusing me of plagiarizing, Fox news…lol

In the blog I did state that, I thought Sarah Palin was going away after her resignation Friday but the coverage has been wall to wall and the interviews are what they are, whether they’re on Fox, CNN or MSNBC. …. For the record I never watch Fox News but now and then I will tune in to Hannity and O’Reilly when I need a little comic relief.

Leadership is taking up the cause in the first place not ignoring it for eight years. I know the right has been reading every line ,of every page ,of any bill that has been submitted the past eight years. These past 6 ½ months have been a train wreck..lol

Please, the legislators have never read the bills, their staff does,and this is been going on for ages… It didn’t just start on January 20 ,2009.

July 9, 2009 at 10:29 a.m.

• Alton
    I disagree but we will not be able to prove our point any time in the near future.

There is not a female black or Hispanic senator, governor, or in any other position of power, so we will have to wait a few more years to see if your theory is correct.

I agree female candidates get more scrutiny but many have beaten their male opponents in their races for governor and in other elective offices.

Initially, the democratic presidential nomination was Hillary Clinton’s to lose and she kept it close to the very end. She could not overcome her Iraq war vote; lie about the Bosnia landing, money, and Bill Clinton’s near racial remark in South Carolina.

Sarah Palin was not ready for prime time when John McCain plucked her from obscurity…. That is john McCain’s fault.

July 9, 2009 at 9:54 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 9:53 a.m.

• Victore
    You’re making this too easy for me….. You said that Barack Obama never sponsored or co-sponsored a bill… I beg to differ, if you go to THOMAS (The Library of Congress) you will find over hundred bills, he sponsored in co-sponsored…. Now if you would have said that he did not get any significant bills passed, then you might’ve had a point…. I’ve already listed the reason he won over 64 million people.

You said that Obama was not as intelligent as Palin, yet you fail to produce any credible evidence to prove your point. Dumb people do not become president of the Harvard Law Review.

BTW Joe the plumber is not that important, the Democratic Party will probably donate the microphones and platform, for his future TV appearances, because he is a gift that keeps on giving…

Joe the Plumber won’t run for office: “You know, I talked to God about that, and he was like, ‘No.’”

‘Joe the Plumber’ Wurzelbacher told a group of journalists covering the conflict in Israel and Gaza that he didn’t think the media should be allowed to report on war.

“I think media should be abolished from, you know, reporting,” Wurzelbacher said. “You know, war is hell. And if you’re gonna sit there and say, ‘well, look at this atrocity,’ well you don’t know the whole story behind it half the time, so I think the media should have no business in it.”

Plenty more…He is right next to Coulter and Bachmann … Keep him front and center because it worked so well in 2008.:-)

Gangsta tactic’s it’s more like what Karl Rove did to John McCain in South Carolina.

July 9, 2009 at 9:30 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 9, 2009 at 8:54 a.m.

• Victore--

You must be visiting from another planet. Sarah 'I never finished college' Palin cannot hold a candle to Obama's intelligence. Don't even try. She can barely answer questions, "Which Bush doctrine, Charlie?".

While you may not agree with anything Obama has to say, you cannot deny that he is articulate and well spoken--two things Sarah Palin wishes she were.

He probably writes better than she does, also.

July 8, 2009 at 11:17 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 8, 2009 at 10:57 p.m.

• Come on people, how do expect the majority of American voters to take this woman serious?

In her resignation media spectacle, with kids in tow, she acted as if she were Nero falling on her sword to save the burning State of Alaska. This woman is the Republican version of Hamas, she lobs crude missiles at the media and hunkers down while her children get bombed and plays the victim to the hilt. 72% of Republican vote doesn’t amount to hill of beans in today’s political reality. Sensible White people alone will keep her out of national office.

She reminds me of our own illustrious Bill Clements who compared himself to Winston Churchill, irrelevant small time politicians suffering from delusions of grandeur.

July 8, 2009 at 10:47 p.m.

• Palin seems resistant to training or turtoring. Her former political tutors said as much.

She also quit the AK Oil & Gas Commission when the going got tough. I wonder how soon she'd resign if she was elected president?

She is personable, pretty, and reaches people on a gut level. That doesn't mean she's ready to govern or work on the nation's problems. In an interview with ABC News, she even referenced "the department of Law" in the WH, not realizing there is no such thing. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?...

And Republicans think she'd make a good president? If she was homely, the GOP wouldn't be giving her a second look for national office. She's not ready for primetime.

July 8, 2009 at 10:43 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

July 8, 2009 at 10:20 p.m.

• I have often said on this site and others, I believe a black or hispantic or bi-racial woman will be elected President before a white woman will.
    We only need to look at pass efforts of all women that have been on a major party ticket as President or Vice-President. IMO, it is rather obvious that female candidates are not given the same respect as males in the media. Not only does the media make jokes about them, they attack their physical looks, clothing, hairstyles, neck lines, and family. And the general public is not outraged over the attacks. IMO, these attacks would create a major national outrage if the candidate was not white.
    So I doubt we will see her on a Presidential ticket in the near future.

July 8, 2009 at 9:50 p.m.

• My sister wears makeup at the deer lease.

Apparently Palin is aiming for a spot on Last Comic Standing. She is so hysterically funny!

July 8, 2009 at 7:36 p.m.

• Lol...Some 28% think they are serious.

July 8, 2009 at 4:55 p.m.

• Palin 2012?? William "The Bloody" Kristol and Pat Buchanan serious people? Sorry, just had to clean off my keyboard with a Sham-wow.
    If Palin is so concerned about "media bias", why did she invite the media to watch her plod around in waders, with makeup on, no less.
    Any ladies out there wear makeup when they go fishing with their hubbies?

July 8, 2009 at 4:42 p.m.