Comments

• "In what respect, Charley?"

June 17, 2009 at 2:02 p.m.

• Vet
    Who’s defending A-Rod?

I heard that the comedians had a ton of jokes on the Palins.. That’s pretty big target.

I guess everyone is supposed to forget the inflammatory remarks like “Obama is palling around with terrorist” or “this is good America and they are from bad America.”…. I completely changed my mind after viewing her arrogant attitude on Matt Lauer….

Discuss and anger is one thing, dragging it out for political gain is another.

June 17, 2009 at 1:58 p.m.

• You must've missed one, Mike. John Ensign's affair with an aide's wife. He of family values and sanctity of marriage.
    So is Caribou Barbie going to demand an apology from Leno for the following:
    "All the Republicans are heaping praise on Governor Palin. Fred Thompson said, as an actor, he could see them making a movie about Sarah Palin and her family. Didn"t they already make that movie? I think it was called "Knocked Up."" - Jay Leno 09/2008

Gov. Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in trouble before! Now he has really done it. -- "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," 9/2/08

Or Conan O'Brien:
    Saturday night, Sarah Palin is going to drop the first puck at the Philadelphia Flyers' hockey game. Then Palin will spend the rest of the game trying to keep the hockey players out of her daughter's penalty box.
    Or:
    Vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has many views. She says she's opposed to same-sex marriage. Did you know that? Yeah, Palin says everyone knows marriage isn't for gay people; it's for pregnant teenagers.

June 17, 2009 at 1:35 p.m.

• Hictoria
    In an earlier blog I gave all the blame to Letterman, because I would not want my daughters denigrated for no apparent reason…. I said Sarah Palin acted as any parent would but her appearance on Matt Lauder showed her making sassy remarks, if you did not agree with her point of viewing….saying that David Letterman was talking about her 14 year old. She later insinuated that he might be a pedophile…. If she just would have rejected or accepted the last apology, I would have said classy move but she brought in all the political talking points such as, that the troops fighting for David letterman’s freedom of speech, and a call to all young women who might be the butt of jokes.

I do make everything political (when it comes politicians) but you might be right since the pundits are saying contributions to Sarah Palin’s campaign have risen and so have the ratings for David Letterman.

June 17, 2009 at 1:15 p.m.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And what gain would that be Mike? If you really think about it, Letterman was way out of line and . He has apologized twice now. If you really think about it Sarah Palin was defending her daughter for crying out loud! Why wouldn't you say it was Letterman trying to gain attention? (Probably because you make everything a political issue) After all, he is trying to compete with Conan now and I bet his ratings were hurting....

June 17, 2009 at 12:46 p.m.

• This statement gave me a real chuckle, "The conservatives described a perfect storm for disaster but as usual, no alternatives or solutions."

Currently Medicare is headed for bankruptcy, taking our republic with it. So the socialist solution is to do more of the same, that is expand Medicare and implement universal health care - that's a solution?

The socialist are on an unending quest to repeal the law of supply and demand - they hate the law because it crushes their stupid dreams of Utopia. But it's like trying to fool Mother Nature - it would be funny if the consequences weren't so tragic for everyone including the poor.

Yeah we will make health care affordable like we made housing affordable - it makes me ill to think about it, now where's my health insurance card?

June 17, 2009 at 11:29 a.m.