Comments

• She knows this from personal experience!  Both her husband & Obama are the cause as they have both admitted use of the illegal substances.

March 29, 2009 at 12:51 a.m.

• Given the soundness of your parties policies, I invite you to keep your miserable hands off the Bill of Rights.
    Obama-because everybody deserves some of what you worked hard for.

March 26, 2009 at 9:19 p.m.

• Exaggerations will get you nowhere....Deport what they can't catch(drug cartel who come to sell drugs, and buy guns)?
    Get rid of the hate,get out of denial,and learn the issues.

March 26, 2009 at 3:24 p.m.

• Since Hillary is joining with her boss in blaming HER OWN country for all the evils on the border I give you the ultimate solution: Since THEY are the cause of all these murders and kidnappings, deport (and take away their passports) All American drug users to Mexico. Then there would be NO reason for violence. The drug users and drug providers would be all on the right (SOUTH) side of the border!

As for all the lavish praise bestowed on Hillary by you…excuse me while I go over here behind this tree and throw up!!!

March 26, 2009 at 3:17 p.m.

• Barry
    You make some very interesting points,that I never considered.
    I don’t fully agree with the sanctuary city bit, because I was stationed in El Paso and I still have in-laws there..The flow of traffic was never really monitored, and a green card was used like a passport, but that was a long time ago….I understand sanctuary cities hammered law enforcement once illegal immigration got out of hand but I am able to separate illegal immigration from the drug cartel turf war....…12 million undocumented is pretty scary….
    I think since the drug cartel turf war has spilled out to about 250 American cities ,the government has to step in because the public outcry will be too loud to ignore….I heard the president say if the current tools do not quell the violence, troops will be sent…
    All this has to be coordinated with the Border States governors, Mexican government and Homeland Security, so we don’t have another Katrina response.
    Again, thanks for the different perspective, which has a lot of merit.

March 26, 2009 at 1:13 p.m.

• The fact is, the US has never really put out the amount of effort required to stop drugs from entering our country and the reason is simple...money.  It has been reported that if money tied to the illicit drug trade were to be suddenly removed from our monetary/banking system, it would collapse.  This is probably true because we continue to set record dollar seizures yearly.  It is obvious the cartels don't miss the money and that the loss doesn't affect them. The US has always been willing to rely on scaring US citizens away from drugs by threats and promises of lengthy prison/jail sentences.  Now our prisons are full, too expensive to operate and extremely dangerous places to be whether you are a prisoner or a corrections officer.  Greed allowed this problem to grow into what it is today and the problem is too big to correct at this stage, without some drastic changes, many of which would violate our Constitution.  States bordering Mexico are going to become dangerous places to live very soon.  Already Phoenix, AZ is the kidnapping capital of the US and the cartels are behind that.  The fact that Phoenix was allowed to become an illegal immigrant sanctuary city facilitated this transformation, which does not bode well for Houston, because they too are a sanctuary city.  The US/Mexico border must be closed and secured and without military involvement, it will take a herculean law enforcement effort, to accomplish that task. It doesn't appear that President Obama and the Democrats have any interest in doing that however. So......

March 26, 2009 at 12:55 p.m.