Comments

• BigJ
    You better do a better job with the first era before you move to the second era ,because you are currently fighting with several posters ...:-)..Hang in there.

May 29, 2009 at 5:41 p.m.

• BigJ,
    I think we had about 10sec of good feelings after 9/11. Everyone came together under national pride. Not quite an Era. ;)

May 29, 2009 at 5:41 p.m.

• BigJ
    I agree that conservatism and liberalism conflict, but we cannot run away from our principles and values just to appease others.

I will always value my civil liberties, clean air and water over profits, civil rights, etc as principals I will not abandon, but I am willing to
    compromise some beliefs for the greater good......Politics will always be about getting the edge, so it is not necessarily about liberals or conservatives but more about power. When your Radical Centrist get into power, the cycle will start all over; just with new players..IMO

Again,we will have to agree to disagree.

May 29, 2009 at 5:21 p.m.

• Thank goodness we are all different. Imagine how boring it would be if we all agreed.

I believe our political leanings go along with Kohlberg's stages of morality thinking. Conservatives tend to fall in Stage 3 &4 and Liberals tend to follow Stage 5 & 6.

May 29, 2009 at 5:19 p.m.

• BigJ
    Why am I not surprised you would say that?..:-)

It's in our DNA to think whatever we believe in ,is the best thing going.....We are competitive in nature...David Brooks wrote a interesting column this morning that said we bring in our philosphy to the table everyday to begin our decision making process....I did not say conservatism,liberalism,or Radical Centrism is wrong;just that we are all different.

May 29, 2009 at 4:50 p.m.

• This hasn't been done a billion times.

May 29, 2009 at 4:44 p.m.