Comments

• I can't believe that I agree with pilot on this one. I still believe in isolationism and taking out anyone that attacks our soil. Son deploys again next year sometime, and he still hasn't talked about the horrors he witnessed in two short months. He was there when the two officers were killed by the IED, when two friends were killed by the rockets that flew over his head, and he became a medic at one point when wounded were brought in. War is my idea of hell on earth.

September 10, 2009 at 8:49 a.m.

• Yeah, I forgot about how much they enjoy stoning. That way the pain would last so much longer.

September 9, 2009 at 10:46 p.m.

• Being female & all, they'd probably start me off with a good old fashioned stoning & then go from there.

September 9, 2009 at 10:06 p.m.

• VBB..."Do you think we could have a Christian prayer allegiance in any of the muslim countries & live to tell about it?"

I figure your throat'd be cut before you got past "Our Father..." Then they'd finish sawing off your head before you died so they could enjoy your horror.

September 9, 2009 at 9:45 p.m.

• LBJ had Vietnam, and Afghanistan will be Obama's Vietnam.

September 9, 2009 at 9:43 p.m.

• Do you think we could have a Christian prayer allegiance in any of the muslim countries & live to tell about it?

September 9, 2009 at 8:05 p.m.

• Something interesting I received today. When the page comes up click enter.

September 9, 2009 at 7:57 p.m.

• Pilot and Mike...Is it just me or is Afganistan beginning to look more and more like a certain small, jungle covered southeastern asian country where we tied up with a tar baby for more than a decade? I'm thinkin' that perhaps before we went into Afghanistan, we shoulda talked to the Russians. They have a history there. But, NOOOO, we'll show the Russians how it's done. Just like we showed the French after they got the bejezus kicked out of them at Dien Bien Phu.

Our military was designed to fight the Red Army, not some ragtag bunch of people with no training but lots of ammunition. Hell, their idea of high tech is rubber tires on donkey carts. An armored and mechanized force can't compete with murderers who can disapper into the population within seconds of triggering a bomb.

There's no enemy military against whom we can fight decisively and the cowards hide among "innocent" women and children so that when we do kill some of'em, we take out "civilians" also and get a black eye from the rest of the world. "Ohhh, look! look! America's killing women and children. Ohhh how awful!" BRAVO SIERRA! I'm with Pilot on this one -- let god sort'em out. They have no respect for life -- theirs or anyone else's. And, it's not like there's a shortage.

September 9, 2009 at 7:33 p.m.

• Pilot
    The Status of Forces agreement signed by President Bush requires our troops to be out of Iraq by 2011…. Residual forces will remain to protect the embassy workers in Baghdad… don't know how many; maybe 35,000-50,000.

I don't think our country will ever resort to nuclear annihilation, anymore. The drifting winds and fallout would be devastating; not to mention public relations.

As for Afghanistan; the president has indicated that it will be on a short leash of a year to 18 months to show significant progress.

September 9, 2009 at 5:13 p.m.