Comments

• EX.

If you think I'm psychotic, call Gulf Bend.

April 16, 2010 at 2:03 p.m.

• Exresident.

If I am "psychotic" as it were, then please call the guys with white jackets and put me in a padded room.

I do not have a file on John Lara, but VICAD does and it is called "comment history".

April 16, 2010 at 12:39 p.m.

• John Lara.
    Drop the “I am a victim” card. No one is running you into the dirt as you are accusing me of . No body said you are a diabolical person. Your comments conflicts with one another and that’s the issue. How is that a Personal Attack? You are doing nothing, but playing victim.

You still did NOT explain why were you pro-Hillary , who have almost the same positions with Then-Senator Obama, but yet support McCain.

You also said, I should do “something constructive”. Its time for you to think a hint.

April 16, 2010 at 6:15 a.m.

• Exresident.
    Since holding someone accountable to their statements, past or present, weird?

April 16, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.

• I just realized a blatant lie, I am not, nor have ever been “Wrote off”; for the record.

Oh, and wisdom is not knowledge; a person may possess great wisdom and very little knowledge or visa versa.

Ok, am I the only one that believes Writein is borderline crazy? Seriously man, get some help.

April 15, 2010 at 5:57 p.m.

• Writein…Lol!

Whatever, keeps you feeling good about yourself, I guess? This is really getting ridiculous, but hey; when has that stopped anyone?

Apparently you have this wonderful “universe”; where I’m this diabolical person? The real world is where I live, not someone’s “mental” place where I’m everything bad you want to believe.

I have no illusions, unlike some people apparently, as too how the real world works. I am also fully aware of my “own identity”, which is not determined by anyone but me. If it makes you feel better to believe some “fallacy of me”, by all means it’s your right. While some people might be intimidated by you, I find it amusing but pathetic. Your time should be spent doing something constructive, instead of outrageous accusations against a nice guy like me, based solely on conjecture.

“Again, I’m a real person”, more than cliff notes; which is all you can really draw from blog post and comments.

If you want to draw my story from cliff note post and comments, again that is your right. You will find, that my real life story is far better and I’m far from the villain in it. I’m the real deal, my identity is embedded deep within me; “not just skin deep”.

I don’t see your beef with me, really? It’s quite silly, if you really think about it. No matter how much you try to run me through the dirt, I can just wash it off with “an honest interpretation”; because it’s very apparent that you have it out for me.

If you look for a fight you will find one, but I have better things to do than engage in your wit less banter.

Not too mention, I have to apologize to mike again for posting this comment. If writein keeps this up, Mike might start a “I’m sorry” jar. From the aggressiveness of write-ins’ personal attacks against me, I don’t think I will have enough nickels to keep up, lol!

Oh yeah, sorry mike…again.

April 15, 2010 at 5:52 p.m.

• Victore.

Me without "intelligence and courage"? If you believe that, then you DO NOT KNOW ME.

April 15, 2010 at 5:01 p.m.

• John Lara.

First of all, You are the person behind “Wrote Off”. Therefore I have a problem with you.

You change your opinions like how someone changes their underwear. There are two reasons why you change opinions quickly. I will only address first reason. If Victoria and the Crossroads area is liberal, you would be a flaming liberal. You wanted to be apart of the Good Ole Boys. You wanted to be popular, John Lara. That is the bottom line.

During the 2008 election, you change minds three or four times, (Don’t worry, I have your past comments). You say you are pro-Hilary but after Hilary lost, you became a McCain supporter. After McCain lost, you declare you an independent conservative . How can you be a conservative and support Hilary Clinton??? Gee, I though you said your “ opinions, are based on what is best for this country, not political affiliation or personal reward.”
    Which leads into a second reason, but I let you, John Lara, figure it out.

Lets talk about wisdom, John Lara, while we are at it. Wisdom is not changing one’s mind to be popular. Wisdom is know ALL THE FACTS before opening one’s Mouth. You are complete ignorant to fact about Nuclear power and the new technology. Take a look at France’s Nuclear Power Plants. There are Plants littered all of France and there are no major problems.

If you are seeking an apology from me, then you are playing with wrong deck.

April 15, 2010 at 4:56 p.m.

• Write-in,
    You want to release harsh language on me, I will tell you this partner, and you better find some intelligence and courage in that bottle, because that is exactly what you will need…

April 15, 2010 at 4:31 p.m.

• Victore.

ME’s Can read Mastaaaaaaa. This has nothing to do with MIKE or his 6 o’clock position. The reason why it was an incomplete sentence because I was going to unleash more harsh language on you, but I delete the rest of it.

April 15, 2010 at 4:24 p.m.

• lol! Ok, apologies all around apparently. I mistook you, to be referring too me. Now I will have that song in my head all day, “thanks!”

April 15, 2010 at 2:34 p.m.

• John
    Except for one sentence ;my last posts weren't really about you or your opinions...You are entitled,I always say but if I misunderstood the meaning of your post,I apologize. I took a composite of all your posts to me in the last 18 months and I formed an opinion...I could have been wrong but remember when you switched, you said sorry Democrats;I wished you well.

Actually as stated,that poll is a trend.

John,{drum roll please} you don't have to go all Yankee Doodle Dandy on me with "best for this country, not political affiliation or personal reward; because I genuinely want to empower my fellow American" in using all that boilerplate language just to say you have a different opinion.

Honestly, I take for it granted that EVERYONE wants " What works best for our national security and posterity." I really don't know anyone that does not want that.

April 15, 2010 at 12:57 p.m.

• Omg, mike!

“Thought”, mike! There are certain things in peoples “reasoning”, that are counter to the well being of others if acted upon.

This doesn’t mean that a person as a whole is an enemy, just when they do specific things, that is oppressive to others. Everyone has a right to defend their quality of life and violation of Constitutional rights?

This includes Liberal Americans, duh!

Peace and war are improperly defined. My understanding; Peace is the less amount of violence over the broadest amount of time, and war is the opposite. Bottom line, we are always fighting.

Were those poll numbers at 7am yesterday or 7am today; they go all over the place. I wouldn’t really use them as a supporting argument for something like Nuclear Power, just looking out for you, ok.

As far as this being a Liberal Administration, I didn’t’ say they were idiots, although some could argue that. Politics is about negotiation or compromise, one is a betrayal and the other shrewd thinking.

You have too see counter “opinions” as the enemy to argue yours effectively, which I’m sure you already know; convenient that I have too point his out though?

There are “opinions” of the Obama Administration, that I am an enemy too; because I have a different opinion, so what! I will attempt to win favor for my opinions, even amongst those against me, and they will do the same; what would you have me do, roll over?

My opinions, are based on what is best for this country, not political affiliation or personal reward; because I genuinely want to empower my fellow American. I know that I may not be right on certain things, and welcome others the opportunity to convince me of this; but In the end, I must believe what is right.

I just pray that whatever opinion wins favor, is the one that works best for our national security and posterity.

April 15, 2010 at 12:25 p.m.

• John
    You said "My enemy is any one or thing, that reduces my quality of life and infringes on my Constitutional rights."

I guess the current administration and liberals are your enemies but but as far as nuclear energy goes,A majority of Americans have been supportive of the use of nuclear energy in the United States in recent years, but this year's Gallup Environment Poll finds new high levels of support, with 59% favoring its use, including 27% who strongly favor it....The constitution is alive and well.

April 15, 2010 at 11:26 a.m.

• John

Liberals did not win an election;Independents voted with the Democrats in 2006 & 2008 building a majority...Republicans cannot win an election on the GOP votes alone and the neither can the Dems...The Dems brought in 52 Blue Dogs (Conservative Dems in GOP districts)in the house....Look over the 59 Dems in the senate,about 17 are Conservative Dems.... You keep wanting to make it about ideology but it's about votes.

I don't know why Liberals have to admit the administration is all being all across the board because the administration has always pushed for a comprehensive energy plan;the goal is weaning off fossil fuels and a dependence on Middle East oil.

Supporting loan guarantees for two nuclear plants and opening up the Atlantic off shore & Gulf Coast for exploration are negotiation points but the GOP is not offering a compromise.

Now, as for the newest development on accepting nuclear waste. This is a win win;the waste will be sent to existing plants in the US to be used in fuel rods.

You seem to want a war of ideology.

April 15, 2010 at 11:08 a.m.

• Huh? My statement was not in support of building Nuclear Power plants by the 100’s, as many are wanting. It was in regards to my attempt, in understanding how all the administrations actions “may” be related.

Even liberals, must admit that the administration appears to be all over the board, without any real connection; if you put aside the political rhetoric for a second.

It makes sense to me, at least as far as I am able to process the latest information, as too how current actions by the President maybe related to other decisions. I have my own “opinions” as Mike has pointed out before, if I want them to matter; I must attempt to understand countering opinions. Especially, those of the administrations that may work against mine.

Perhaps the Administration may be of the opinion “bread and water” are good enough for Conservatives, while Liberals dine on “wine and fruit”; Obviously, I’m presenting a metaphor for something deeper but I think you understand. Just because Liberals won an election, doesn’t mean conservatives should just allow themselves to be disenfranchised through legislation; that’s ridiculous! Know your enemy, because I assure you he is learning you very well.

My enemy is any one or thing, that reduces my quality of life and infringes on my Constitutional rights. By not learning my enemy, I am empowering him. Maybe “Writein” you are not familiar with “wisdom”?

April 15, 2010 at 10:30 a.m.

• Write-in or BJ what ever AKA you’re using.
    If you’re to cover Mike’s 6 o’clock position, may I suggest you learn to read a compass so that you can navigate your way around a conversation? This was solely based on your last comment of an incomplete sentence “if you can’t stand the heat out of the kitchen” other words I don’t need your gibberish about anything…

Mike BTW, you have a great cheering section…

April 15, 2010 at 9:17 a.m.

• Mike.

Ddherring is not under my skin. I am just on fire and will NOT put up with any B.S.

John Lara.

Hold on for a second. You said, “The nuclear thing makes sense” When on MARCH 26, 2010 you said ,“Victoria does not need this energy (nuclear) source, under these conditions, which begs the question, why subjugate the local population to any risk at all?”

April 15, 2010 at 12:49 a.m.

• Victore.

If you can’t stand the heat stand out of the kitchen

April 15, 2010 at 12:31 a.m.

• Mike,
    It is totally impossible to have any type of a literate conversation with you; I have provided you with factual information about this goofy President that you voted for, but you continue with your leftwing garbage… You claim to be all about facts but only if suits your radical way of thinking. The last post came right out of FDR’s Bio “Presidents .gov” way don’t you go to www dot click it and read about FDR’s socialist agenda. And you wonder way this country is so angry?????

April 14, 2010 at 8:27 p.m.

• This is what the Chicago Tribune said about the 16,500 IRS agents - they said it was a bunch of crap, or did they???

"IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman testified to a House subcommittee last month, the new law doesn't call for any liens, levies or jail time for those who ignore the mandate, so taxpayers are not going to have "any discussions about health coverage with an IRS employee" aside from answering questions and providing information.

"The 16,500 is the high end of an estimate of new employees the IRS might need to administer tax-related aspects of the new law." HUH?

So there is absolutely no penalty for not purchasing healthcare insurance - really? What a stupid law. The way Rep. Debbie Wasserman Sholz described it; is if you do not have health insurance you would end up in a higher tax bracket on the 1040 form. Now I'm no tax attorney but it sounds like the only way to not pay the penalty is to lie on the tax form - I can't really recommend doing that.

To me it sounds like this is a bunch of disorganized crap floating around with different pieces being randomly examined from time to time - all of it incoherent, gibberish that anyone can say whatever they want about it and in some way be half correct - great way to run a country.

April 14, 2010 at 5:51 p.m.

• Victore ,I thought you were going to leave it alone..Your cut & paste did not say the depression was in four years of the Hoover administration....Did you get that from sourcewatch?

Nov 11, 2008 ... "He was elected President in November 1932, to the first of four terms. By March there were 13000000 unemployed, and almost every bank was closed. In his first 'hundred days,' he proposed, and Congress enacted, a sweeping program to bring

www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=F...

We were losing over 700,000 jobs a month before Obama took office....Read about the financial crisis instead of C& P.

Good night..Getting hungry

April 14, 2010 at 5:44 p.m.

• Mike,
    tell me this doesn’t sound like Obama…
    FDR was elected President in November 1932, to the first of four terms. By March there were 13,000,000 unemployed, and almost every bank was closed. In his first "hundred days," he proposed, and Congress enacted, a sweeping program to bring recovery to business and agriculture, relief to the unemployed and to those in danger of losing farms and homes, and reform, especially through the establishment of the Tennessee Valley Authority.

By 1935 the Nation had achieved some measure of recovery, but businessmen and bankers were turning more and more against Roosevelt's New Deal program. They feared his experiments, were appalled because he had taken the Nation off the gold standard and allowed deficits in the budget, and disliked the concessions to labor.

Roosevelt responded with a new program of reform: Social Security, heavier taxes on the wealthy, new controls over banks and public utilities, and an enormous work relief program for the unemployed.

In 1936 he was re-elected by a top-heavy margin. Feeling he was armed with a popular mandate, he sought legislation to enlarge the Supreme Court, which had been invalidating key New Deal measures. Roosevelt lost the Supreme Court battle, but a revolution in constitutional law took place. Thereafter the Government could legally regulate the economy.

April 14, 2010 at 5:29 p.m.

• Mike,
    BTW, FDR ordered the IRS to go after companies and individuals then prosecute them, after the tax rate went to 63%, again Obama and FDR’s play book… I never stated anything about DOOMED to FAIL…

April 14, 2010 at 5:04 p.m.

• Mike,
    Ding it I gave the source, I will scan it and send it to you if you like, the article is right out of the history book. The market was in limbo until the 50’s, that doesn’t stop me from investing if you’re going to make money there is always a risk…

April 14, 2010 at 4:50 p.m.

• That's a good move, Victore..leave it alone because I have heard and seen just about all the right wing theories...I have read two books on the depression, then "Too Big to Fail, “and am just about to finish Michael Lewis's book "The Big Short" ,so despite what you seem to think, I am not in the dark…I am curious.

You said you were in the market but if we are doomed to fail; it doesn’t make sense for you to be investing…I have lot of confidence; we might be in another bubble but for now I am starting to make a little money.

MSNBC..Boo! have a good one

April 14, 2010 at 4:25 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

April 14, 2010 at 4:18 p.m.

• Mike,
    I will say this and leave it alone. Obama is using the same play book as FDR, if you don’t believe it read July 6 2009 issue of Time. FDR’s stimulus/recovery act didn’t work, he also prolong the Depression because of his New Deals. The stock market didn’t get back to levels before 1929 until the 50’s; there was also a Depression within the Depression, because of FDR’s agenda. WWII is what ended the Depression it wasn’t FDR…

April 14, 2010 at 4:05 p.m.

• Sorry about the misspelling of "credible" ;thanks for the correction...I could say" darn trifocals" but then I would anger my slow brain, for not proofreading.

April 14, 2010 at 11:57 a.m.

• RE: Ed Post

How could I’ve missed your post where you said “Mryl Cospers letter was damn good, I would imagine another thousand or so IRS agents either way matters little.”…. The IRS’ main job under the new law isn’t to enforce penalties. Its first task is to inform many small-business owners of a new tax credit that the new law grants them — starting this year — which will pay up to 35 percent of the employer’s contribution toward their workers’ health insurance. And in 2014 the IRS will also be administering additional subsidies and besides Factcheck.org has completely debunked this claim.

Q: Will the IRS hire 16,500 new agents to enforce the health care law?
    A: No. The law requires the IRS mostly to hand out tax credits, not collect penalties. The claim of 16,500 new agents stems from a partisan analysis based on guesswork and false assumptions, and compounded by outright misrepresentation.

Purchase insurance or pay a small fine. In 2016, the first year the fine is fully in place, it will be $695 a year or 2.5 percent of income, whichever is higher. That makes the mandate progressive.
    And what happens if you don't buy insurance and you don't pay the penalty? Well, not much. The law specifically says that no criminal action or liens can be imposed on people who don't pay the fine. If this actually leads to a world in which large numbers of people don't buy insurance and tell the IRS to stuff it, you could see that change. But for now, the penalties are low and the enforcement is non-existent.

Even Republican Senator Coburn chastised Fox News by saying “The intention is not to put anybody in jail. That makes for good TV news on Fox, but that is not the intention….This caused Bill O’Reilly to lie once again, by saying”Nobody”on Fox said failing to buy health insurance could result in jail time.”…You probably watched that episode, hoping it would not get out.

Instead of your typical conspiratorial theories; why don’t you use actual facts? Is it too bothersome or maybe exaggerations sell better; to the crowd you are trying to reach?

Yea I know Factcheck.com is not creditable …lol

Writein

Why do you let ddherring get under your skin?..:-)

April 14, 2010 at 10:12 a.m.

• DD Herring.

If the shoe fits WEAR IT ! You are the one who bought it up, NOT ME. There is not mystery about my problem. You do not have a clue. You think you have all the sense in the world. If you think so, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? How come YOU, YES YOU, refuse to answer the question?????

I’ll ask the question again, “If the world is so bad and evil, why you DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT???”

April 14, 2010 at 12:29 a.m.

• Contrary to what is commonly known, I do not believe commerce is determine by “supply and demand”; rather “leverage and desire”. I you have the leverage you can create both, one to a limited extent.

Mark my words, those desiring America to get on the Nuclear tit, will allow for the situation to exist for us to desire it.

What I’m referring too, is the reprocessing of Nuclear waste to give it a shorter contaminated life and too be reused as fuel for Nuclear power.

It would take to much time, more than I can afford at this time, to get into the details. I think they are doing it in Georgia or somewhere near there.

April 13, 2010 at 3:48 p.m.

• John
    I'm not sure at what you are driving at but Ukraine’s agreement to relinquish its entire stockpile of highly enriched uranium gave President Barack Obama the first concrete result for a summit he convened on securing the world’s atomic material.

I think it is more import to get the loose nuclear material out of the hands of those that might want to blow up a major city..By a stroke of luck we removed nuclear material out of Chili just before the earthquake.

I think nuclear energy should be part of alternative energy plan but like you I am leery of the disposal issue and besides they are too expensive to build and it takes about 10 years for them to come on line...If they were a viable option ;wall Street would be lining up to finance them.

April 13, 2010 at 2:55 p.m.

• The nuclear thing makes sense; they get everyone to basically give their nuclear stockpile too the U.S., and use the fuel to power the 100’s of nuclear power plants they want to build. Then later they process the radioactive waste to reuse as fuel with a shorter contaminated life; the irony is that will increase fuel cost by 10, that’s 10 times.

By then, we will already be a few decades, 100’s of Nuclear power plants, and an enormous nuclear waste stockpile into the plan; the people will just roll over and take it. I mean, it will be put too the people like this, either we increase your electric bill by a factor of (10) to reuse the nuclear waste or we let it pose a dangerous risk to the environment.

What do you think the people will tolerate, if they allow for the deficit to continue to exist, the answer is obvious.

I’m beginning to see the big Nuclear picture, “comrade”!

April 13, 2010 at 2:30 p.m.

• iVictore
    I don't usually worry about proposals,especially since I will leave the portfolio in a trust to bypass any tax and as I have told you before I think we do need to do something about Medicare & Social security..It's one of those pay me now or pay me later..Doesn't matter who is in office;it's a math thing.

April 13, 2010 at 2:05 p.m.

• Settle down Victore,Joe Scarborough is the host of "Morning Joe." You remember Joe Scarborough,he is one of the Republicans that wanted to impeach Bill Clinton...The man that was interviewed was GOP governor Chris Christie...So I gather you didn't read the post but just went ballistic over MSNBC...I haven't the slightest idea of what you are talking about the 2nd Bill Of Rights..I have never even heard it mentioned in the four or five years of being on the forum.....Are you having a bad day?

I have enough confidence in my knowledge of politics, that I can watch anything..I am not scared of being brainwashed.

I don't hate the right or left.

April 13, 2010 at 2 p.m.

• Mike,

Oh, on capital gains, if you’re receiving any type of dividends you will pay the tax of 20% along with 3.8% Medicare tax. So 23.8% tax is a chunk of change, so other words you just lost 8.8% on any return or dividend, maybe you have deep pockets…

April 13, 2010 at 1:53 p.m.

• Mike,
    Good day to you.

Thanks for asking about my golf, I just returned from playing.

I really don’t know why you continue to voice the opinions of MSNBC; since Air America went tango-uniform the left really doesn’t have much of a platform for their left wing garbage other than MSNBC…

As far as the 10th amendment and the Constitution it’s like talking to a fence post, the left including you is simply a waste of time for the left to take the Constitution seriously. The left is taken the 2nd bill of rights to the extreme, although it has never been ratified, but the left uses as their bible. Your President is very out spoken about FDR. Reason for the statement is; you stated you’re left of center.

That idiot Matthews on MSNBC stated that the accident in the Virginia coal mine had been run by unions this wouldn’t have happen, well that like asking the Pop do you believe in God?

April 13, 2010 at 1:45 p.m.

• ddherring you are certainly entitled to your opinion and there is nothing I can do about that. I call my blogs,comments counterweight to all the daily negativity,gloom and doom comments.

I guess I shouldn't say "The federal deficit is running significantly lower than it did last year, with the budget gap for the first half of fiscal 2010 down 8 percent over the same period a year ago because that would be praising and twisting everything.

You call it cry,I call it laughing at the outrageous but we have a different view of the world.

You have a good day and thank you for commenting.

April 13, 2010 at 9:20 a.m.

• Mike I never said you enter a blog to be disagreeable, but every blog you enter is always a cry session about somebody being mean to Obama, I don't post much on here but I know when I see that jackass that you use as your avatar I can expect the typical liberal whine,cry,complain and praise for everything twisted. Carry on with your garbage, keep believing the hype, pump the sunshine, the magic unicorns and pixie dust will save us. Big J I don't know what your problem is? I can't wait for you to inject race into this conversation because that's your specialty.

April 13, 2010 at 9:09 a.m.

• Who really cares what you think?

April 13, 2010 at 8:51 a.m.

• Good morning Victore

It looks like today will be a great day for you to get out on the golf course.

Yesterday and you said that you are getting tired of sacrificing it’s time to the government to sacrifice.

A segment on this morning’s MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” typifies what I meant by sacrifice.

The republican governor of New Jersey Chris Christie said his state had a $29 billion budget deficit, so he was going to have to cut teacher jobs, cafeteria workers etc. In order to meet his budget. The teachers in New Jersey, due to union negotiations, do not pay for their Health Care benefits. The governor suggested a pay freeze of one year and for the teachers to pay 1½% of their salary to cover their health benefits; this would allow everyone to keep their jobs. I think it was an excellent idea because teachers would retain their jobs, remain at the same salary, and on average would only pay $750 a year for their health benefits. The governor said average union dues were about $730 a year. He said the union could freeze their union dues and live off $130 million it collected last year.

1. Christie is a Rebublican; yet I think he had a fair and workable plan.
    2. I think the union (Democrat donor) was wrong in this case.
    3. I am still a partisan Democrat but that doesn’t mean I will always be right; the other side has some good ideas.
    4. The governor did not bash the union or the teachers
    IMO… The union and union members could make this concession and insert a caveat, stating that if the economy had a robust recovery; the concessions they made would be taken into consideration.

I think you need to look over the 10th amendment and rephrase your sentence… Look up Federal supremacy.

The capital gains rate will only apply when I cash out but I would not lose any sleep over a 5% increase, it could go toward funding healthcare of 31,000,000 more of my fellow Americans.

Have a good one and remember it takes more facial muscles for a frown that it does for a smile.

April 13, 2010 at 8:42 a.m.

• Kids, kids be nice to each other. Mike, stop be an apologetic for Obama and the rest of you, get off the Glen Beck express. I must admit that Obama has no clue of what is going on but at the same time, the Republicans have other interests that are not compatible with the middle class. I just waiting to see what Obama is going to do with this new opportunity coming up, naming a new SC judge. As far as the market goes, true, it finally went over 11000 but I would not attribute that to Obama's policies but rather a market that finally is moving on the right direction. Health care bill is an abomination and everybody knows it. The ideal is correct but once again, I dont think that Supreme Court is going to allow it. Here is my thing though, Everybody knows that something has to be done but yet, the Republicans havent come up with a feasible solution. Go ahead, jump on me but I do want to see what a feasible solution can the Republicans can come up with but at the same time, Democrats need to come up with something better than what they rammed through.

April 12, 2010 at 11:13 p.m.

• Exresident.

Something that might scare you and other conservatives on this forum.

April 12, 2010 at 9:03 p.m.

• DD herring.

If the world is so bad and evil, why you DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT???

Like others on this forum, you won't do a bloody thing.

April 12, 2010 at 8:50 p.m.

• No hate speech coming out of the Progressives, Liberals and the extreme left. No, just Keith "Adolf" Olbermann, Rachel "Mao" Maddow, Ed "Nikita with my shoe" Schulze.

Or maybe that crazy Nora O'Donnell who said Gingrich was a racist for saying Obama was good athlete.

April 12, 2010 at 8:18 p.m.

• Translation of "liberal speak" -

"Trickle down free enterprise" - translation:

We need a centrally controlled socialist economy and income redistribution. Feel free make this substitution as required.

And this is revealing - "Got to (go) home;getting hungry."

Hmmmm, sounds like someone is punching a clock. I wonder what kind of a job that would be?

April 12, 2010 at 7:46 p.m.

• Mike,
    No the world does not revolve around right wingers.

HC mandate in Massachusetts, again failure to understand the 10th amendment, that states can do as they wish, but congress cannot over step their authority it is an abuse of power. That is why there is a commerce clause under the 10th amendment to limit the power of the feds…

Again I want to thank you along with your President for making the attempt to raise capitol gains tax from 15%-20%, and a 3.8 sur/ch on Medicare. I know you invest so do I, your President just hates the fact that people make money. Obama and tax tax tax so he can pay for his ding entitlement programs. I guess if he gets in your pockets deep enough you might figure it out, wait and see…

April 12, 2010 at 7:38 p.m.

• Tacky Mike, I quoted the CBS news senior political correspondent, and you say "lol,talk about loading up the hypothetical in your favor."

It looks to me that you proved me right, rhetoric works both ways.

Bush and Cheney and the entire administration went to rehab? I didn't know that,now that would really have been a hay making opportunity for the other party.

April 12, 2010 at 6:42 p.m.

• who's better for the middle class: big spending Democrats, or free enterprise Republicans..lol,talk about loading up the hypothetical in your favor.

How many times did the GOP presidential candidates mentioned the middle class in their debates?..It's all about tax cuts for the wealthy (trickle down) and capital gains cuts.

My have we've forgotten the previous administration?..It was only 15 months ago..Did they just get out of rehab?..lol

April 12, 2010 at 6:28 p.m.

• Hmm, and I thought Rush was the leader of the Republican party, at least that was what was claimed a few months ago, I guess he was demoted.

Rhetoric works both ways.

March 10, 2009

(CBS) Want a formula for a diverting political tempest? CBS News senior political correspondent Jeff Greenfield breaks down the steps:

Step 1: Take a provocative speech by the most popular conservative voice in the land - that would be Rush Limbaugh, who asked, "What is so strange about being honest and saying, 'I want Barack Obama to fail?'" at last week's Conservative Political Action Conference.

Step 2: Add an observation by the White House chief of staff that has the subtlety of a hand grenade - Rahm Emanuel saying that Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party.

Step 3: Throw in a comment by chairman of the Republican National Committee, the newly-elected former Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, who said Limbaugh is only an entertainer and that some of his remarks are "incendiary." Follow that up with a hat-in-hands apology from Steele to Limbaugh.

Step 4: Then, well, just stand back and watch the mixture come to a boil on cable news.

So what's going on here? At root, this issue (or argument or sideshow) is a tangled mix of arguments about what was said, who said it, and when it was said.

It is also the latest example of an old political tactic: trying to define the other party by its most polarizing figure.

The next election's not going to be about Rush Limbaugh. That only happens in James Carville's dreams," said strategist Michael Murphy. "Next election is going to be about who's better for the middle class: big spending Democrats, or free enterprise Republicans? And we Republicans have a lot of work to do to be able to make that case now, and win."

April 12, 2010 at 6:21 p.m.

• ddherring, I don't have any power nor do I pretend I do but it's pretty simple to ignore my blog,comments,etc.

You can believe anything you want;I simply don't care but I don't enter any blog to be disagreeable (check it out) because they have a right to their opinion as well as I do...You can state your opinion on this blog all you want. be as negative as you want...Be my guest.

April 12, 2010 at 6:21 p.m.

• Does the world revolve around right wingers?

Victore wait and see…Massachutes HC has a mandate; no cases against them.

I did not research their statements but I know Eric Holder is not a nominee for the SC, no such thing as 17,000 IRS agents, but there is such a thing as reading, listening and common sense.
    You can bet if I wrote a letter to the editor, I would thoroughly research it, have sources and have the argument against my theory answered because when I sign something; I will own it.I still have pride.

Save your lectures; you are not above the frey...Let me prove that to you...Lecture dd herring;naw, that poster agrees with your views so they are A OK...lol

Prove me wrong but unless you do; I will continue to think those right wing writers are completely stupid..

Got to home;getting hungry.

April 12, 2010 at 6:14 p.m.

• Yes I am content! I just get sick of your constant sunshine pumping and bashing of all who don't agree with your views. You can blog all day about the accomplishments of this administration, but where are you when bone headed decisions are made, You want to believe that all is well in the world, continue on, but there are others who don't agree. And you won't make us go away by pretending that its all lies. We are governed by crooks and robbers, tax cheats,yes men, and a variety of other hoodlums.

April 12, 2010 at 5:58 p.m.

• Mike,

Your blog is condescending to letters to the editor. In your summary you have made the claim they should have done research. What makes your research any more or less than theirs? How about just a touch of objectivity on your part? Fact; the world does not revolve around you left wingers.

The Constitution; the last count was around 38 states have made the claim HC is unconstitutional; I guess you could say that is a fairly large majority.

Mike, please don’t put stupid signs on those folks, because you’re starting to sound like those folks at MSNBC.

April 12, 2010 at 5:57 p.m.

• I would have to search hard to find a sentence or a paragraph where I implied Obama was a victim. The people I mentioned aren't even making a dent, after considering the source.

Was I lying?Did the market close over 11,000,aren't retail sales up ,aren't companies showing profits?...but I did say the economy was on shaky ground.

Again you use a boilerplate because I have criticized the administration on foreign and domestic policies but you would have to research my blogs for that...You won't do that because you would rather have the message.

I bet you are quite content with all the negativity on the local right wing blogs…Just guessing.:-)

April 12, 2010 at 5:49 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

April 12, 2010 at 5:40 p.m.

• I find it ironic that every blog or post you make or ever make always depict obama and his cronies as victims of a plot to tarnish their names and policies. You complain always about what someone is saying about these choirboys in Washington but you never admit to any wrong doing or failure in their policies. Its always the same song "Glen Beck,Rush Limbaugh, and Sara Palin are spreading lies about the angels that are in charge". Its a vast conspiracy to taint the so called accomplishements and enlightenment that is coming from Washington. Give it a break man, you sound like a 7th grade kid! They don't like us its all lies!

April 12, 2010 at 5:30 p.m.