Comments

• Writein

I'm not angry..... I just don't know how you come to your conclusions sometimes.

Another poster mocked me for what he presumed to be the same thing you presumed.... I responded to him too.

September 1, 2010 at 1:30 p.m.

• Mike.

The little people? I am already one of the little people. Yes, we are not join at the hip. I still wondering why you are mad at me for?

September 1, 2010 at 1:23 p.m.

• KyleC
    You are a person of many talents; you can now add psychic to the list...:-)

I've been working on a blog about Iraq for a couple days; waiting for the president's speech, to complete it.

September 1, 2010 at 9:29 a.m.

• Writein

If I were to say" let me give you a little advice" and then go on to say that I think people of influence give endorsements, others just vote. You would rightly think that advice had a condescending tone. Again, read what I wrote, better yet I will give you another example.

1. I was writing about the Chris Wallace/Glenn Beck(Sunday ,a day after the rally) interview, which I saw firsthand.

2. I saw (firsthand) Glenn Beck tell Bill O'Reilly that the Martin Luther King speech day completely slipped his mind when he booked the Lincoln Memorial rally.

You are a piece of work because I was not aware of your endorsement nor do I care. Can you give me a reason to why I should? We are not joined at the hip.

Step down off your high horse and come join the little people.

September 1, 2010 at 9:25 a.m.

• John Lara.

This is the greatest comment you ever made and I thank you for it. “I was too busy living in the real world , what did I miss?”

September 1, 2010 at 1:17 a.m.

• Mike.

Me condescending to you? I doubt it. That wasn’t even my intention to do so. I guess you seem soar that I am reluctantly endorsing MATT OCKER. I was only offering you advice because criticizing Beck without context or using 2nd hand information will defeat your argument. Otherwise you sound like SouthTexas on the so-called citizenship issue.

September 1, 2010 at 1:11 a.m.

• Vet43.

Ever heard of the Dixie Chick Effect?

South Texas.

No one, NO ONE, have to prove you ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!! For the past three years, you display your Supremacy complex. No one and I MEAN NO ONE have to prove to you or show you, they are patriotic, American, or even their Citizenship !!!!!!!!!! This is the “US vs. THEM”, Hang them HIGH MENTALITY, that is a cancer in this area in the world. You are unashamedly display it.

I bet you if I were President, you would say same D*MN thing you are doing now. By the way, I was born three or four counties over.

September 1, 2010 at 12:51 a.m.

• Rollinstone.

Out of context my foot !!!!!!!!! I guess you also forgot or IGNORE some of the insults Glenn Beck made in the past year and how many “apologies. I do not hear or see you or any of the Conservatives shaming Beck when Beck attack one of the Obama daughters? I don’t you hear you say anything about Beck on his radio show talk about killing someone Michael Moore, although I hate Michael Moore’s guts myself. I do not hear you talk about all of the people Glenn Beck offends on daily basis.

September 1, 2010 at 12:34 a.m.

• Off topic but will be among tomorrow's debates I'm sure.

One of these headlines is framed oh so slightly differently ;-)

August 31, 2010 at 11:09 p.m.

• Archiebonkers2...Who says you can't vote from the grave? How do you think "Landslide Lyndon Johnson" won his first congressional campaign?

Mike..."The administration gets an "F" for not explaining the bill ,as several parts come into play, but this imperfect bill needs to be improved;not repealed."

The bill SHOULD have been delayed until it was right before it was presented and voted on. BO was in such a hurry to get his health care reform passed, he and the congressional leadership didn't CARE that they were putting forth shoddy work and the people would suffer for it. They needed to pass it BEFORE the people knew all of its ramifications. Notice that THEY won't have to use it -- they have their own health care that's too good for us unwashed ordinary citizens.

August 31, 2010 at 7:21 p.m.

• Pilot..."pieceful man" ROFLMAO. That was funny. If I promise to credit you, may I use the quote?

August 31, 2010 at 6:52 p.m.

• "Were the grandchildren being considered when we gave two tax cuts for the rich (unpaid for) a $7 trillion prescription drug plan(unpaid for) and two wars off budget? Just wondering"

Well wonder no more, Bush was an idiot, I thought we agreed on that. He did little to control spending so now I guess that's suppose to justify even more spending, much more - wild, reckless, crazy, like everyone get on the free lunch gravy train type of spending.

Hmmmm.....does that make Obama a bigger idiot - just wondering?

August 31, 2010 at 5:33 p.m.

• We are straying way off subject but if you want to believe that the debt and the deficit just magically appeared on president Obama's desk,January 20, 2009, that is certainly your right.

I certainly don't have the time to explain Keynesian economics' but you want a believe that letting all the Wall Street Banks fail ,creating a domino effect, would have been better, that is also your right.... We didn't do that, so it's a moot point.

Were the grandchildren being considered when we gave two tax cuts for the rich (unpaid for) a $7 trillion prescription drug plan(unpaid for) and two wars off budget? Just wondering.

August 31, 2010 at 2:42 p.m.

• Observer, sad but true!

August 31, 2010 at 2:34 p.m.

• Wait Wait Wait... The debt problem is Not Obama's fault. You forgot to blame it on someone else... He is repairing it. Right? In order to fix it you have to spend more.

August 31, 2010 at 2:29 p.m.

• Mike, thanks for the validation and demonstration of my post.

August 31, 2010 at 2:10 p.m.

• rollinstone, at the rate this administration is running up the national debt, our taxpaying great-grandchildren's human rights have already been violated.

August 31, 2010 at 1:45 p.m.

• Darn it, I forgot to mention another group who have their human rights violated - taxpayers. You talk about a group that is screwed - they sure are both present and future.

August 31, 2010 at 12:14 p.m.

• Well John, I was doing OK until I viewed the clip, KyleC, provided.... I didn't realize they were that many uninformed people.. A whole group didn't believe that Glenn Beck called president Obama a racist... I would bet after he walked it back on Sunday's Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, those same people still wouldn't believe he said that. They all seem to want to take their country back,to what? Did they want to go back to a time where 700,000 jobs were being lost every month? Did they wanna go back to the collapse of Wall Street?

As for the rally, if you are fan of tent revivals, you would have enjoyed it. Some worthy veterans were honored and other people of distinction but for a small snippet of the Sarah Palin speech, it was nonpolitical..*wink*wink.

August 31, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.

• Yeah, all this flag waving, we are Americans crap is getting old.

I like the way Obama filed that report with the "UN Human Rights Commission" saying America was a racists country that violated human rights of minorities, and women, and gays and the poor, and immigrants, and old people, and the disabled, and practically everyone. Oops, I forgot, and the unemployed.

He also had the courage to single out the state of Arizona for it's immigration law as a prime example - you go BO!

Now that's what I call real patriotism. It's about time our president trashed our country - it just makes a lot of sense particularly in these difficult times. I know this will make the countries that hate our guts laugh.....uh, I mean respect us more.

August 31, 2010 at 11:44 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

August 31, 2010 at 11:28 a.m.

• Post on and on and on,KyleC, it's all good stuff.

I can't wait to see Jon Stewart's take on the rally.:-).. He didn't win eight consecutive emmys for nothing.

August 31, 2010 at 10:58 a.m.

• Sorry to keep posting Mike but I found an interesting series of interviews with participants at the Glenn Beck rally

August 31, 2010 at 10:53 a.m.

• Vet43
    I don't know the "WE" you're supposed to be representing but a fair minded person could see that I am equally attacked.

The first amendment of the constitution is often misinterpreted.... It protects a citizen from the government infringing on their free speech.

One calling themselves Vet43 (using anonymity) to correct another is a little hypocritical.

Am I supposed to take" please put it on a HUGE sign in your front yard so we all can comment. In person" as a threat?

August 31, 2010 at 10:50 a.m.

• Mike

This is the first time I have read your Blog. I am semi-retired with way too much time on my hands. I also enjoy, with much reservation, the posted comments.

The greatest black hole in the internet is the anonymity that protects the posters from rebuke.

I am a huge fan of the 1st Amendment, with one correction. If you want to call people names or blow smoke just to muddy the water, please put it on a HUGE sign in your front yard so we all can comment. In person.

August 31, 2010 at 10:41 a.m.

• Mike,

Here's the take on the rally by Christopher Hitchens - it's an interesting read:

A snippet:

"In a rather curious and confused way, some white people are starting almost to think like a minority, even like a persecuted one. What does it take to believe that Christianity is an endangered religion in America or that the name of Jesus is insufficiently spoken or appreciated? Who wakes up believing that there is no appreciation for our veterans and our armed forces and that without a noisy speech from Sarah Palin, their sacrifice would be scorned? It's not unfair to say that such grievances are purely and simply imaginary, which in turn leads one to ask what the real ones can be. The clue, surely, is furnished by the remainder of the speeches, which deny racial feeling so monotonously and vehemently as to draw attention.

Concerns of this kind are not confined to the Tea Party belt. Late professors Arthur Schlesinger and Samuel Huntington both published books expressing misgivings about, respectively, multiculturalism and rapid demographic change. But these were phrased so carefully as almost to avoid starting the argument they flirted with. More recently, almost every European country has seen the emergence of populist parties that call upon nativism and give vent to the idea that the majority population now feels itself unwelcome in its own country. The ugliness of Islamic fundamentalism in particular has given energy and direction to such movements. It will be astonishing if the United States is not faced, in the very near future, with a similar phenomenon. Quite a lot will depend on what kind of politicians emerge to put themselves at the head of it. Saturday's rally was quite largely confined to expressions of pathos and insecurity, voiced in a sickly and pious tone. The emotions that underlay it, however, may not be uttered that way indefinitely."

August 31, 2010 at 10:40 a.m.

• @southtexas "Obama still hasn't been proven to be a citizen of the USA"

And he never will be in the glazed eyes of those morons who believe he isn't a citizen.

I'm off to compute how the Government orchestrated 9/11

August 31, 2010 at 10:24 a.m.

• Rebecca

You are a nice person,stay that way...Stay out of politics..:-)

Thanks for the Beck homeschooling info.

Have a good one

August 31, 2010 at 10:18 a.m.

• Poor jbj

If you are so mistreated; why do you keep coming back?

I think it's because you want a a uncontested venue where you can spread rumors and unsubstantiated statements. I asked you for link; you said you did know how to do that but a couple of days later you gave me one but it didn't back up your statement. You went on to give me a vague statement like " I saw it on CNN somewhere."

It's not a lack of respect for another person's opinion; it's more of a deep respect for substantiated facts. Our politicians don't feel the need to compromise because of gerrymandered districts and constituents that don't want them to.... Conservatives have a purity test.

Politicians like constituents are human beings.

BTW Why don't you do some extensive reach search on the Chicago Climate Exchange conspiracy you are trying to peddle? Because you like to have your ears tickled. You don't want to know the truth.... I have the source to debunk Beck's statement line by line.

That's the reason we can't have a discussion;you have a penchant for rumors and talk radio rhetoric.

August 31, 2010 at 10:02 a.m.

• maxx

Redistribution flows both ways; we have a progressive tax system that emphasizes that. There are times when tax cuts are geared to the top 2% and then there are other times when they are aimed to benefit the poor.

I don't usually wear my religion on my sleeve but I believe there are more than 64,000 references to the poor in the bible, yet the right wing conservatives like to demonize them and use them as scapegoats and prop up the rich. That's called " I've got mine"...

I see a lot of "I belong to the anti Obama club" and they fall right in line with those that look and think like them.

August 31, 2010 at 9:35 a.m.

• Writen

Friendly advice? Sounds a little condescending because you go on to say how you have all the expertise on Glenn Beck because you have listened to him in the past.

A little reading comprehension would help.... In the first paragraph, I described what Trey Ware and Joe Scarborough were saying. I did watch the interview Chris Wallace had with Glenn Beck. In another interview I did hear Glenn Beck say that he completely forgot the day he chose for his rally; was the same date of the Martin Luther King speech. I went on to give my opinion as to why, I didn't believe him..... In the 21st centry you don't have to spend hours listening to AM radio to know what outrageous things talk show's hosts are saying... There is the evening news, YouTube, transcripts and blogs for that info... I am not auditioning to be Glenn Beck's biographer.

Itisi

I did not watch a minute of the rally and I posted that disclaimer.... I didn't go on to write as if I was there because it wasn't of any consequence. I didn't write about the contents of the rally....lol

August 31, 2010 at 9:23 a.m.

• Mike.....this was not a Glenn Beck Rally; this was a rally of people who want to bring America back to the great nation it was and who are sick and tired of Obama and his lies. From the comments it is obvious that many of you have no idea about Glenn's feelings about MLK.....he respects him greatly and considers him one of the greatest men that ever lived and he has said so many times. And Mike....no matter how much you deny it; Obama still hasn't been proven to be a citizen of the USA. Our president has spent over a million dollars trying to hide and seal documents that might clear this up.....why in the world would he do that....just wondering. The truth will prevail and poor poor Mike will have no life when that happens.

August 31, 2010 at 8:42 a.m.

• Hicktoria is right on the money. I think it's funny that the Obama supporters always start shouting look what the President has accomplished, look what a great vision he has for the country, he will be the greatest of all time; when the vast majority of people that I talk to believe that he will be one of the worst. So many people get caught up in the "joining a club mentality", I'm a Democrat, I'm a Republican, I belong to a union, etc. and blindly follow along spewing whatever the club's line is today.

I prefer to walk the path that I believe is right based on a set of core values that starts with God, family and a belief that we are responsible for ourselves. When did it become incumbent on the few to support the many and why is it that the Obama supporters want to vilify a successful person or a business because they have done well. It’s call redistribution; it’s based on envy and greed. It seems to me that the bible talks coveting and it’s not a good thing. There is also a line in there that talks about giving a man a fish… how does that go? Maybe the Obama supporters can help me out.

A lot of what I see in this thread is I belong to the Obama club and I'm going to be a good Mouseketeer and sing along with the president.

Grow a brain.

August 31, 2010 at 8:37 a.m.

• BigJ, your Glenn Beck quote was taken completely out of context:

“I think this is probably a more likely scenario that the president is under fire and we know that a radicalized socialist is a label that is going to be attached to this president and so we want to show you that a radicalized socialist is Martin Luther King and it’s okay.”

Read the whole monologue……

August 31, 2010 at 7:31 a.m.

• BOSinks.

As a Democrat and an Obama supporter, I have to responded to your rather, WRONG HEADED, Chest beating comment. You basically said that people who hate Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh hasn’t offered any solutions . I guess you either hadn’t read any of mine or just cheat beating to the wind.

Maybe you should read:

Immigration Policy.

Health Care.

Education (and a challenge to the “Geanie Morrison Education Commission“)

Mike.
    Why post an opinion about Beck when you hadn't listen to him. I used to listen to that BIGOT since his CNN days, but I stopped recent to regain my sanity (& Normal Blood Pressure). Know the enemy before you attack him. Just a friendly advice.

August 31, 2010 at 2:54 a.m.

• Glenn Beck on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

-January 19, 2009

“How many times do I have to say peaceful? As Martin Luther King did, was Martin Luther King”
    November 25, 2009

August 31, 2010 at 1:46 a.m.

• I agree with Rebecca.

At this time, more than any other, it seems that politics does bring out the hatefulness in people. Never before have I seen so much nastiness associated with a disagreement in views.

A person voicing an opposing view often brings about a put down or a personal attack, insinuating that the person voicing the opposing view is less intelligent or less informed. Sometimes it is dismissed as "talking points".

This is a cop out that simply gives the impression that the comment is not worthy of consideration. This lack of respect for another's opinion is a huge part of what is going on in our government today. People will go back to working together and respecting other's opinions before the problems in our government will be resolved.

August 30, 2010 at 10:18 p.m.

• I'm not into politics but all the people that used to sound insane are starting to not sound so insane after all. But, consider the source when I comment about politics because I know nothing - except that it seems to bring the hate out in people - and that turns me off. All sides. D=

(Oh, I had mentioned that Glenn Beck homeschools, Mike. I read your blog and commented without reading the comments so my comment was out of context. Sorry about that.)

August 30, 2010 at 9:06 p.m.

• My short history with Glenn Beck started on nights I could not sleep and caught his show on very late night. I dismissed most of his comments as radical, and I really didn't pay much attention.

More recently, I have had pretty much the same view, but now I am listening. And amazingly, I am seeing some of the things he speaks of happening. For example, a few months ago he spoke of the CCX, and I thought "oh bull." Well now we are hearing more about the CCX, and its ties to Obama, Jarrett, Gore, and Goldman Sachs. Just like he said.

I don't listen to Mr. Beck all the time, but when I do, I put what he says in the back of my mind, because as far fetched as it may seem, there may be some truth there.

August 30, 2010 at 9 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

August 30, 2010 at 8:35 p.m.

• Mike said “I didn’t watch one minute of the rally”, but then he tried to articulate an opinion without facts. Kind a like reading the last page of a book and on top of that someone had to read him the last page. LOL!!!!

August 30, 2010 at 8:17 p.m.

• The biggest snake oil salesman is in the White House, or maybe not. He may be off on another vacation.

Why are you libs so fascinated with Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity? Just like your politicians, you spend much of your time condemning them instead of providing solutions.

You guys play right into their hands.

August 30, 2010 at 7:29 p.m.

• “The man continues to be what used to be known as a “snake oil salesman."

Selling what, “change we can believe in”? And speaking of “snake oil.”

I notice Democratic candidates in the fall elections are cautioned not to mention “healthcare reform” – bad snake oil, bad!

And it appears we, uh.….er, the economy, is going to get another dose of that bitter quack medicine – choke, cough, sputter, please no more “snake oil stimulus,” HELP!

August 30, 2010 at 6:02 p.m.

• holein1
    If I remember correctly, you said you hated insurance companies as much as big government... Now,that's a down the middle approach.

I remember faulting the administration for not educating and touting the finer points of the huge health care bill.It came back to haunt them...When the death panel discussions were being repeated;the WH thought they were above the frey;they thought no one would fall for that nonsense but they were wrong.The GOP won the message battle,it was so easy,they went after other parts.

The democrats who voted for the bill should be out in full force explaining their vote;not running away from it because his/her opponent are using that vote against them.Take a staffer with them to town hall meetings,if necessary.

You are not alone,Luke Russert NBC correspondent,said the same thing about the people of Ohio..This morning,he said those people didn't care about the mosque situation or Glenn Beck but they were confused about their health care benefits...When will their premiums start to come down? What is their current coverage and what will their employer do?The employers no longer have people who can decipher the bill for them,so they can't give the employees they answers they need....The bill is on -line but it needs a lot of Q & A....

August 30, 2010 at 5:29 p.m.

• What that pastor is planning in FLA is a disgrace. It's ignorance and disprespect like that that is going to make things a lot worse.

I have about as much respect for Glenn Beck's political opinion as I do for Bill Mahr...zip. Both are talking heads and I would not consider them to be pundits.

"Obama will never be considered one of the best we ever had. Socialism is his way." Yeah, kind of like FDR. Anyone remember that guy?

Mike, I'll give Obama credit for passing something that no other president was able to do in the past, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go. I think a lot of Americans have some reservations about the Health Care law, frankly because no one read it. That's pretty scary. I'm not going to say that I know so much about how laws are made, other than what I was taught in school and School House Rock, but shouldn't something so important that it will be the law of the land be worth reading? At least the Cliff's Notes? What I worry about is what is going to happen to my insurance premiums now and in the future? What are the insurance companies going to do if they have to start paying out for those pre-existing conditions? Where will those $'s come from?

August 30, 2010 at 5 p.m.

• patrickj

The Gainsville,Fla. fire marshall has denied a burn permit but Dr. Terry Jones, leader of the Dove World Outreach Center,insists that he and 16 other preachers will continue.

I heard that these conflicts are becoming great recruiting tools.

August 30, 2010 at 4:37 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

August 30, 2010 at 4:35 p.m.

• hicktoria
    what did Bush accomplish but get young sons and daughters killed for a lie! Saddam had Iraq in control it was none of our business! there were no weapons of mass destruction he fooled those Republican Hawks he's probably laughing from the grave for causing us to waste billions and billions of dollars and all those young lives!

August 30, 2010 at 4:26 p.m.

• Hictoria

I readily admit I'm partisan democrat but that does not equate to being a blind loyalist, as you are trying to describe me. Both parties have a platform, about four years ago I wrote a blog about a Obama/Hagel presidential ticket.....Chuck Hagel was a conservative republican senator from Nebraska.... I have written many lines of disappointment about this administration but I understand, you only see what you want to see. The comment section is full of anti-Obama comments; if I write a positive Obama piece, it should be seen as the other view but you take it how you want.

As for the entertainers Beck,Hannity, and Rush.... You should know that answer by now.

I'm not in the business of predicting the future but it is my opinion that Obama will be treated kindly by the historians.... He did what several presidents could not do, he will get credit for passing Health Care Reform. When fully implemented (2014) I just can't believe and 31,000,000 people will not be grateful, not to mention pre existing conditions will no longer be a factor in denying people Health Insurance. It was the same naysayers that called Medicare and Social Security, socialism. Some will say, the naysayers have a " I've got mine" attitude.

About this time next year, the economy will start showing signs of recovery and all this negativity will disappear from the independents... The right wing will still hate.

I think you live in a world of" either you are with me or you are against me." I bet if I did a search of your comment history; it would reveal that you are a partisan right wing conservative.Who's judging?Who cares?This blog is not about me or you.

BTW President George W Bush is ranked near the bottom for his incompetence, that had nothing to do with his political party.

August 30, 2010 at 4:25 p.m.

• Bill Maher expresses the opinion that the reason why we have "birthers" is simply because they can't call him a n••••• anymore...

I wonder how valid an opinion that really is...

August 30, 2010 at 3:59 p.m.

• archie - "Obama can't fix in 2 years what Bush did in 8!"

Exactly, he destroyed it.

August 30, 2010 at 3:52 p.m.

• Obama will never be considered one of the best we ever had. Socialism is his way. It has already started with healthcare. The little quirks you all find to try and prove him as not, does not mean it is the big picture. Everyone has negative and positive. He just has too many negative floating around him. I would also like to not, I could care less if he were white or black.

However, I would like to make this point when you all read Mike's blogs. He is a die hard democrat. If George Bush and Ronald Regan were democrats, Mike would of found anything and damn near everything to defend his political views. Just as he is Obama.

What would you do Mike if Obama was a republican right now? Would you support Hannity, Rush, Biery, Beck?

August 30, 2010 at 3:50 p.m.

• You would have to believe that a republican governor of Hawaii would be in on the conspiracy and people knew back in August 4, 1961, that Barack Obama would someday be the president of United States..Why? .. Two leading Hawaiian Newspapers printed his name, parents and birth-date, on that particular day.... I hope I did not open up a can of worms because I refuse to get into a useless argument with a Birther.

August 30, 2010 at 3:47 p.m.

• Glenn Beck: professional clown.

August 30, 2010 at 3:46 p.m.

• Rebecca
    Who homeschools too?

August 30, 2010 at 3:35 p.m.

• only fools believe that Obama was not born in the USA! you know good and well there's no chance a non-citizen would ever get elected to the presidency!

August 30, 2010 at 3:34 p.m.

• Obama can't fix in 2 years what Bush did in 8! give him a chance! he'll go down as one of the better presidents we've ever had! I know some don't like him because of him being black! I've heard many comments from older anglos that state that he's not their president!
    Those types will soon be gone from the face of this earth and their opinion won't matter anymore because you can't vote from the grave!

August 30, 2010 at 3:29 p.m.

• This is coming from someone that posted "Obama still hasn't proved he a citizen of USA. And thats no rumor!".... I think I will just consider the source.

Have a good day,muleman.

August 30, 2010 at 3:27 p.m.

• He homeschools too. =P

August 30, 2010 at 3:21 p.m.

• sounds like you love Obama

August 30, 2010 at 3:12 p.m.